Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested

(PSN)akirayokoshima

Deke backs up slowly.

"He's... he's a... uh.. colleauge of mine."

She laughs nervously as the Tenno stare at the unconcious Charger in the container and the blood covering the floor. Tohn suspiciously has dried blood stains on the back of her neck and from the corner of her mouth. Her labcoat is stained with blood also.

(TOOK THE 201TH ONE TOO sorry I had to.

Edited by TheMetrocop

(We sent him out the airlock...you know maybe)

Floating is always the answer. Anyone who's watched The 100 knows that.

"And you didn't think it necessary to tell us that there was someone abord this ship working with Infested tissue and live specimens?" I spun my Vaykor around my finger, chambering a round. "Deke, if you don't tell us more, I will blow this person's head off, right now."

Floating is always the answer. Anyone who's watched The 100 knows that.

"And you didn't think it necessary to tell us that there was someone abord this ship working with Infested tissue and live specimens?" I spun my Vaykor around my finger, chambering a round. "Deke, if you don't tell us more, I will blow this person's head off, right now."

Deke stands in front of the Vaykor's barrel, blocking Zan's shot.

"You'll have to get through me first. "

"Oh Zantruse, you don't know what you're going against. I'm powerful now."

Deke laughs.

Edited by TheMetrocop

"Zan, this is her ship." I reminded him "She invited us aboard to go after Tyl Regor's resarch, not shoot the...others she has aboard." I stood in front of him with my hands to my hips, my height of five foot three inches wasnt itimidating but that was where my eyes came in. Bright, bottle green with flecks of gold that seemed as if they could stare staight into your brain. Zan shifted his weight a little as i continued to stare him down, i knew he couldnt see the same way i did but he could still sense my stare. At this point it was clear that if i was wearing a warframe or not ing to back down from this. Was i stubbern, yes but i was also right in this one.

For all intents and purposes, Decoy is an EXACT replica, not a glowy thing.

"I demand an answer."

I removed the safety.

"This looks more like Alad's research than Regor's. Deke, do not make me kill a person to get an answer."

I quickly dropped a decoy and turned invisible, projecting my speech through the hollow conjuration.

"Do not think I won't shoot you, Deke. It won't be lethal, but it will hurt a lot."

Unseen by the Tenno in the room, I inserted a small chip into the nearest terminal before stepping back into my decoy and becoming visible, all seamless.

"Zan, you do NOT want to make me use these."

Deke extended the claws on her Valkyr, the blades glowing with energy. To my left, EAmorr levelled her Phage at me. Tohn just laughed, and I silenced him with a glare.

"Zan, put the pistol away."

I turned my head between the three of them, before whirling and firing the loaded round into the body of the Charger, now mere inches away from my leg.

"If I were you, I'd keep some special containment procedures on-hand for situations like this."

I waved my Vaykor at the Charger before holstering it and walking out of the lab, vanishing into the vents and tapping into the computer system.

"Deke at least explain what was going on in here, i wont shoot you or your...freind" My face twisted to something that was almost angry disgutst at the last word as i looked at the corpus man on the floor. I recognised him from Ala's labs, he came after hours frequently, as if i was his toy. I could see the fear in his eyes, he knew what he had done to me bt he also kew that e would be dying slowly and painfully by my hand.

I focused back on Deke who looked mad enough to have steam coming from her ears. I placed a hand on her shoulder to try to calm her down. she huffed in agitation and returned to figiting with the device that had been impaled on her neck "Deke, what happened in here?" i asked her the way a concerned friend would have, although with her being related to Alad i found it hard to decide if i wanted to call her a friend.

For all intents and purposes, Decoy is an EXACT replica, not a glowy thing.

"I demand an answer."

I removed the safety.

"This looks more like Alad's research than Regor's. Deke, do not make me kill a person to get an answer."

I quickly dropped a decoy and turned invisible, projecting my speech through the hollow conjuration.

"Do not think I won't shoot you, Deke. It won't be lethal, but it will hurt a lot."

Unseen by the Tenno in the room, I inserted a small chip into the nearest terminal before stepping back into my decoy and becoming visible, all seamless.

"Zan, you do NOT want to make me use these."

Deke extended the claws on her Valkyr, the blades glowing with energy. To my left, EAmorr levelled her Phage at me. Tohn just laughed, and I silenced him with a glare.

"Zan, put the pistol away."

I turned my head between the three of them, before whirling and firing the loaded round into the body of the Charger, now mere inches away from my leg.

"If I were you, I'd keep some special containment procedures on-hand for situations like this."

I waved my Vaykor at the Charger before holstering it and walking out of the lab, vanishing into the vents and tapping into the computer system.

"Deke at least explain what was going on in here, i wont shoot you or your...freind" My face twisted to something that was almost angry disgutst at the last word as i looked at the corpus man on the floor. I recognised him from Ala's labs, he came after hours frequently, as if i was his toy. I could see the fear in his eyes, he knew what he had done to me bt he also kew that e would be dying slowly and painfully by my hand.

I focused back on Deke who looked mad enough to have steam coming from her ears. I placed a hand on her shoulder to try to calm her down. she huffed in agitation and returned to figiting with the device that had been impaled on her neck "Deke, what happened in here?" i asked her the way a concerned friend would have, although with her being related to Alad i found it hard to decide if i wanted to call her a friend.

Phosphorant blue blood begins to flow through Tohn's veins, and a metallic crust forms on the back of her neck...

She laughs.

"Something.. something that makes me more powerful and deadly than I could ever be...

I backed up feeling something i hadn't felt since Alad's experiments, i was afraid. Without my warframe i was virtually unarmed, if Deke attacked I'd be dead before the beams of my shotgun came together. Whatever was in that device had done something to her physically and mentally. "Deke, what if Alad saw you like this?" I hit home she stopped glowing and she looked at the palms of her hands as if they had answers written on them.

I backed up feeling something i hadn't felt since Alad's experiments, i was afraid. Without my warframe i was virtually unarmed, if Deke attacked I'd be dead before the beams of my shotgun came together. Whatever was in that device had done something to her physically and mentally. "Deke, what if Alad saw you like this?" I hit home she stopped glowing and she looked at the palms of her hands as if they had answers written on them.

First Person. Friendly reminder. :D

"I back up, feeling something I hadn't felt since Alad's experiments. I'm afraid. Without my Warframe, I'm virtually unarmed. If Deke attacked I'll be dead before the beams of my shotgun come together. Whatever is in that device has done something to her, physically and mentally. "Deke, what if Alad saw you like this?" I hit home. She stops glowing and looks at the palms of her hands as if they have the answers written on them."

First Person. Friendly reminder. :D

"I back up, feeling something I hadn't felt since Alad's experiments. I'm afraid. Without my Warframe, I'm virtually unarmed. If Deke attacked I'll be dead before the beams of my shotgun come together. Whatever is in that device has done something to her, physically and mentally. "Deke, what if Alad saw you like this?" I hit home. She stops glowing and looks at the palms of her hands as if they have the answers written on them."

(That's still first person dude. I think you mean present tense vs past tense. Adman, AutobotRaven and I are kinda the admins of this thread currently so.. yeah I think it's fair to say we make the rules.(not trying to be rood but I guess that's the way it is)

(Besides, I'm using third person. Because the world is not ready to see inside Tohn's mind.)

Edited by TheMetrocop

Tohn's veins begin to glow again, and the metallic crust advances to her collarbone and the rest of her neck.

"He wouldn't mind.."

She laughs again.

Edited by TheMetrocop

(That's still first person dude. I think you mean present tense vs past tense. Adman, AutobotRaven and I are kinda the admins of this thread currently so.. yeah I think it's fair to say we make the rules.(not trying to be rood but I guess that's the way it is)

(Besides, I'm using third person. Because the world is not ready to see inside Tohn's mind.)

Dammit. I meant present tense. My bad.

I tapped at the module in my arm, the small screen showing me a blank page with a simple text field. A password lock. I bypassed it, and began to data-mine the system, searching through every file I could find.

Infested Physiology, nothing new... Infestation Spread, spores, obviously... Cross-species Experimentation?

I opened that folder, scanning the names of the files within, noting that they were all videos, ranging from test 001 down to test 196. I opened the file titled T122- CHG-DeTo, watching as Deke apeared on-screen, speaking into the camera in a Corpus dialect. She held up a vial of glowing blue Infested blood, before loading it into a machine which restrained and injected him.

Injecting yourself? That can't be a- oh my.

I watched the screen as Tohn covulsed, breaking out of the restraints as her flesh grew and expanded. She roared, forcing herself up on stunted back feet and making for the door when she stopped and just... reverted.

Huh.

Tohn returned to the camera, speaking into it before shutting it off. For good measure, I copied the rest of the files to my Warframe. I will have Ordis look through them when I got the chance.

Edited by Adman99

I tapped at the module in my arm, the small screen showing me a blank page with a simple text field. A password lock. I bypassed it, and began to data-mine the system, searching through every file I could find.

Infested Physiology, nothing new... Infestation Spread, spores, obviously... Cross-species Experimentation?

I opened that folder, scanning the names of the files within, noting that they were all videos, ranging from test 001 down to test 196. I opened the file titled T122- CHG-To, watching as Deke's colleauge apeared on-screen, speaking into the camera in a Corpus dialect. He held up a vial of glowing blue Infested blood, before loading it into a machine which restrained and injected him.

Injecting yourself? That can't be a- oh my.

I watched the screen as Tohn covulsed, breaking out of the restraints as his flesh grew and expanded. He roared, forcing himself up on stunted back feet and making for the door when he stopped and just... reverted.

Huh.

Tohn returned to the camera, speaking into it before shutting it off. For good measure, I copied the rest of the files to my Warframe. I will have Ordis look through them when I got the chance.

(Tohn is Deke, she just prefers her last name, "Tohn" over "Deke" :3)

(Tohn is Deke, she just prefers her last name, "Tohn" over "Deke" :3)

That makes so much more sense now. Post has been edited accordingly.

Frowning, I ran a translation program on the file T122-CHG-DeTo and listened as Tohn appeared on screen.

"Test one-hundred and twenty-two. Nature of test: Applying Infested Charger blood to a Corpus test subject. Chargers are what remains of the Grineer once the Infestation takes hold. The test subject is Tohn, Deke. Commencing test."

She settled into the restraints, heavy metal bands closing over her body, holding her in place as the viridian blood was injected. She changed, breaking out before reverting and returning to the camera.

"Test induced a change of ten seconds. An increase in dose could increase this time, making for a useful tactical weapon in capture missions- Chargers are much easier to subdue than Tenno. End log."

I scowled, closing the video and exiting the vent system after checking that no-one was nearby. I leant against the wall again, hoping that we would reach Uranus soon.

That makes so much more sense now. Post has been edited accordingly.

Frowning, I ran a translation program on the file T122-CHG-DeTo and listened as Tohn appeared on screen.

"Test one-hundred and twenty-two. Nature of test: Applying Infested Charger blood to a Corpus test subject. Chargers are what remains of the Grineer once the Infestation takes hold. The test subject is Tohn, Deke. Commencing test."

She settled into the restraints, heavy metal bands closing over her body, holding her in place as the viridian blood was injected. She changed, breaking out before reverting and returning to the camera.

"Test induced a change of ten seconds. An increase in dose could increase this time, making for a useful tactical weapon in capture missions- Chargers are much easier to subdue than Tenno. End log."

I scowled, closing the video and exiting the vent system after checking that no-one was nearby. I leant against the wall again, hoping that we would reach Uranus soon.

In the laboratory, Tohn starts to mutate.

(Just a page filler till AutobotRaven takes her turn)

Edited by TheMetrocop

Staring at the mutation in both horror and wonder, i let out a scream, another thing i hadn't done since my days strapped to a table. Zan must have heard me, he came bolting into the room. Whenever he caught sight of what deke was turning into he stopped mid stride. I quickly ducked behind him and dashed out of the lab, running for the machine that would reassemble my Saryn onto me.

I skidded around a corner, regaining my balance, the machine was in sight now. I frantically scanned the pass card and the machine whirred to life as my armor formed onto my body. As soon as it was on i ran back towards the lab, hoping that Zan was still alive and that Deke would purge this thing from her.

I stared at the mutating Deke, my helmet feed telling me all I needed to know about it. I knew she was still alive, that much was apparent. She was also quite insane, and not thinking.

Great. Nonlethals it it.

Backing away slowly, I brought my arms up, the Venka I always kept there extending, electricity dancing down the blades, arcing between them. I cloaked, sprinting behind her and leaping, only to be kicked away. I hit the ground and rolled to a stop. As she approached, I noticed tiny pits in the front of her mutated face, below her eyes.

Thermal vision. It just keeps getting better.

Looking around the lab, I tried to find something flammble, anything that would burn hot enough to draw its attention away from me. There were some compressed air cylinders stacked up behind some bars. Setting off at a run, I goaded Deke into charging again, the bars crumpling beneath her. Flipping over her, I drove my claws into them, the electricity igniting the cylinders and sending them rocketing across the room, jets of fire leaving a heavy blanket of smoke over the room.

It looks around, confused. It screeches and disappears, leaving the two Tenno in the burning lab. But seconds later it reappears, piercing Zantruse's helmet with it's tail. It screeches, running into the ventilation system away from the flame.