Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested

(PSN)akirayokoshima

Oh lawdy, not Homestuck.

"Deke, hey, Deke, come on, we don't want other Tenno coming after you."

A signal appeared in my vision, a Limbo appearing there.

"Do not keep us from her, Zantruse. Your Loki Warframe will not aid you here. Deke must pay for what she has done."

Muttering under my breath, I picked Deke up and started running.

"Deke, there are bounty hunters after you. One of them is a Limbo. We will be in serious trouble if he gets a line of sight."

A second signal appeared before me, this time a Vauban.

"The Trappers will not fail, Zantruse. We will take our prize."

I ran through another door, EAmorr joining us. Deke jumped out of my arms, running ahead on all fours. We came to another door, and as Deke ran through it, she was electrocuted. Coming to a screeching halt, I saw the Vauban stood in the hallway beyond, a small metal ball in his hand. Alerting EAmorr, I Switch Teleported with him, dropping him in from of the Saryn who held him at gunpoint.

"Zantruse, your assistance of our prey will not be tolerated."

"Can it, Trapper. We have business to attend to."

"Let me make it clear, she is coming with us."

Pain erupted all over my body, the world listing as I was forced into the Rift. I saw the Limbo quickly do the same, EAmorr similarly trapped.

"No!"

I tried to throw a punch as the Vauban electrocuted Deke again, knocking her out cold. My fist just phased through him, and I heard him laugh.

"She is ours."

"You two dare to innterupt a mission given by The Lotus herself! You bring shame to the name of the tenno by compromising this mission! How dare you trap two tenno just to attack a third, the two of you are dishonorable to betray one of your own kin." I was bluffing but the limbo and vauban didn't know that, i spoke to them the way an Orokin officer once spoke to me, it was the only memory i had left when i woke and one i held to. The vauban frose in mid action of grabbing the unconscious Deke and the limbo backed away from me even though i was in the rift. I was buying time, i could sense Zantruse readying himself to strike the second the limbo's ability wore off. "If you doubt that the lotus personally instructed me and my team to come here then pull me out of the rift and fight me hand to hand or are you afraid of a woman." My voice held a tone that was slightly savage but still controlled. "If you decide you want to have your honor,three rules

1. No powers or weapons

2. You use a power or weapon and you loose

3. If i win we take Deke and you leave, if you win you take Deke and me, so whats your answer?" On the outside one hand was on my hip and the other was balled into a fist, on the inside i was praying he would take the bait and give Zan a chance to take down the vauban and get Deke out of here.

"Come on..."

I was scrutinizing the Limbo, looking for any indication as to how long I would stay in the Rift.There was nothing. Nevertheless, I readied my Reaper Prime, counting the seconds of time it'd been in the Rift.

On 35, I cloaked, and my estimate paid off, as a second later I staggered as I reappeared in the material plane. I watched the Limbo panic for a moment, and quickly stopped him when he floated into the air to perform a Cataclysm. I kicked him into the wall and held my blade to his neck, reappearing for the Vauban to see. The Trapper took a Vasto from his leg and held it to Deke's head. I rolled my eyes.

"Kidnapping is one thing, but now you're just going to murder her? In cold blood?"

"When it comes to cold blood, Zantruse, this one here..." He gestured to Deke before pulling the hammer back. "...is well-versed in that subject area."

"What?"

"She killed 67 personnel on Orcus when she escaped."

At that point, Deke awoke. The Vauban placed a foot on her neck, pinning her down.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You see, when Deke woke up in Orcus, she made a beeline for the nearest exit, found none, and made her own. She then flew through open space with no life support and forcibly attached an Archwing to herself, before punching through several tons of Infested flesh to destroy the Leviathan. What makes you think she's trapped right now?"

The heels of my armor clicked on the metal floor as i started moving towards the vauban "us valkyr users find fun in being cornered, it brings out the best in us. Have you ever faced a valkyr in hysteria before? My guess is no because you are alive, so if you want to keep it that way then take my advise and leave Deke alone." I was now inches away from the vauban and he trained his vasto on me. "My my, thats not a way to treat a lady especialy since this one could kill you just by breathing, or did you forget about my most destructive weapon." I grinned behind my helmet hoping for him to take a swing at me, i had been itching for a fight ever since we knew where Alad V was.

"Remember, Trapper, you attacked us for no reason. I imagine it would be bad for you if things escalated."

I threw out a small sphere, a Parasitic Charger Eximus appearing and draining the Trappers' energy. It growled at the Vauban. The Limbo looked decidedly uncomfortable in my grip with both arms pinned, no energy and a scythe to his throat. The Vauban drew a second Vasto and trained it on me, switching his view between me and EAmorr. I tilted my head, as if to roll my eyes, had I have had them.

"That's not a wise move."

I drew and trained my Ballistica on him, the drawstring stretching as I held down the trigger.

"Leave now, or things will go very badly for you. Especially when Deke decides she's had enough of me talking."

"Tick Tock trappers, you can leave here unharmed or that lovely lady on the floor and i could have some...fun pulling off every appendage you have, and i do mean all." I noticed that all three men winced a little, and Zan angeled his lower body slightly away from me. I started to circle the vauban being careful to not step on Deke, her breathing was steady for now. "If you dont answer then Zan will slice your friend's head off, or i could make you suffocate to death, while you drown in your own blood, poisons can cause so very many gruesome deaths." My voice sounded both beautiful but dripping with venom.

The Vauban is suddenly pulled down by his feet to Deke's level. She begins to strangle the Vauban by the neck, digging the Valkyr Warframe's claws into the Vauban's throat. The Vauban weakly struggles, but eventually passes out. Deke stands up, and stomps on the Vauban's neck, making a sickly crunching sound.

All three Tenno flinch, and stare at Deke.

"And that is how it's done. Do whatever you like with the Limbo, it's none of my concern. But we need to get out of here quickly. I suggest you follow me. My ship is safe. I have plenty of security excuses. Besides, no one questions a member of the Board."

Deke tosses Zantruse and Eamorr each a device.

"VIP security passes."

Edited by TheMetrocop

Shrugging, I quickly throttle the Limbo into unconsciousness, reattaching my scythe to my back before taking Deke's device and following behind her.

"I take it that this ship is not your Liset, is it?"

"No. Now shut up and keep running."

I heard growls behind us. Stealing a view, I saw a horde of Chargers hot on our heels, so I turned, spinning, unleasing a wave of energy that tore their arms out, leaving them to weakly push themselves along on their back legs. I turned and carried on running, the three of us soon arriving outside the ship's hangar. Deke stopped, and EAmorr and I stopped behind her.

"Now, the staff in there, if they're still alive, will kill you on sight."

"Great. What do we do?"

Deke lifted EAmorr by the neck, and she protested loudly before Deke clasped a hand over her helmet. The message was clear. She then turned to me. I sighed, holstering my Ballistica and allowing Deke to lift me with unsettling ease.

"I fail to see how this-"

She cut be off by squeezing my throat.

"Right, silence. Got it."

I squeaked quietly in protest, i didn't like anyone near my throat so this had me extremely uncomfortable. I whimpered and Deke gave my neck a slight squeeze and i started to struggle until Zan gripped my shoulder and nodded as best he could in Deke's grip. I stopped struggling but was still on edge. Whatever Deke's plan was i didn't like it.

My mind was in hyperdrive with Deke's hand around my neck, i had my reasons for hating anything that went near it. Most of it was because of the stalker, he loved to follow me and every time he showed himself it was always when i was alone. He knew my fear and always used it against me. Every time i managed to get away my neck had a new laceration.

I shuddered in Deke's hand, desperately wishing that she would put me down and stop touching my throat.

Deke kicked open the door of the hangar, quickly whispering to the two of us.

"Make it look like you're my prisoners. I can get us all past them. It looks suspiscious if I just give two unknown Tenno passes."

She walked in, hoisting us clear of the floor, her claws digging in slightly and making me cringe. I stole a glance at EAmorr, who looked very uncomfortable. Within seconds, a Crewman had ran up to Deke, rattling off a stream of Corpus dialect, to which Deke responded with a stream of her own. I started up my translation program, my silent command activating the processor inside my helmet, and the Corpus dialect became distinct.

"And why do you have them now? Why not just kill them?"

"Well... experimentation."

"Of what purpose?"

"Reverse engineering. Invisibility seems useful." She shook me slightly, and I tensed up, my hands closing around her wrist. Deke looked at the Crewman. "As you can see, they're fresh."

"Ugh, fine. I can see Alad rubbed off on you. I'd rather not have nightmares. Your ship is this way."

Deke followed the Crewman who gestured to a large transport before walking away. Deke tightened her grip for a few seconds and dropped me to the floor while she scanned her pass on the door. As soon as it opened, she picked me up again and threw me inside, EAmorr landing next to me seconds later. Deke closed the door, letting out a deep sigh. I just gasped for breath while EAmorr gently ran a hand over where she had been held, visibly shuddering.

"Sorry about that, I had to keep up appearances."

"I would prefer not to do that again."

"No promises."

I had to compose myself, this was not the time to be shaking in fear like a child. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a moment, i calmed down and stood up off the floor. "Is there a device that we can use to remove our warframes in here or are we going to have to do that our selves?" I attempted a light joke "Also is there anywhere for us to sleep, after all we didnt get much of a break after fighing the levithan before going on this one" I could feel the exaustion starting to settle in, we had all fought hard and the others had to be feeling tiired as well.

Deke motioned with her hand to follow her "of course just this way"

Edited by AutobotRaven

Unfortunately, Deke gets lost in the giant complex. Suspiciously, you take a closer look at her, as she should have known this place like the back of his hand.

But then you suddenly come to a realization. Ripping off her mask, you reveal a white head with horns sprouting out the top of it.

Of course! It was Oberon all along! He was trying to stow away with all the viable, uncrappy frames!

Angered by his insolence, you pick up a wrench, the undisputably most powerful primary weapon in Warframe, and proceed to beat the living shinglenuts out of a frightened, trash-tier Oberon.

God, you've never felt so alive.

Edited by Awsumniss

Finally, an internet connection. Now to update :D

As the helmet comes off in my hand, and the wrench lands for the first time, the real Deke approaches, rips the wrench from my grasp and swings once. The Oberon crumples, unconscious. She throws the wrench away.

"Machines are over here. Ordis isn't in here. Make of that what you will. The machinery will repair and store it automatically. Just be sure to show your passes, or it'll tear you apart."

I headed to where she pointed, holding my pass up to a laser scanner and standing still as the arms dismantled my armour. After that, I called the other two over and reconstructed Alad in the middle of the floor, pointing my Rakta Ballistica at him.

"What now?"

"wait, no Ordis?" my helmet retracted as i asked before my eyes lit up with a sigh of relief. i went over to the machine that removed my warframe and scanned the pass Deke gave me. the mechanical arms shed my warframe and left me standing in a bodysuit with no sleeves or back, mostly because the fabric irritated the scars that wouldn't heal on my back. Moving back towards the others i used the unconscious oberon as a place to sit and stared at Alad V for a long time before i said anything.

"As much as i would like to smash his face in for everything he has done, and it would bring me nothing but relief knowing that we took out the man that killed so many of us and tormented even more than that, but Deke should decide what to do with him. The oberon under me groaned and i elbowed him in the side of the head knocking him out once more.  

(what did I come back to.)

" Alad should be kept alive."

Clearly, both are discontent with her decision.

" As unhappy as you are with it, it's not our main concern. I apologize for the edgy crewmembers back at the hangar. They work for the transport ship that's bringing us to my actual ship. The crewmembers are very laid-back where we're heading. They don't question their employer, nor what they bring in. As for now, explore the assigned vessel. I have to take care of Alad. Feel free to put regular apparel on for the meantime if you like."

Deke goes into another room, guiding Alad in, who looks almost like a lost child.

Alad turns around and tries to make an escape, yelling: "You crazy bastards are going to get me killed!"

As quick as the rate at which Oberon dies, you grab the unconscious Oberon and hurl him at Alad with all my strength, knocking him to the floor.

Deke stares at the toppled Alad and nods towards you in approval, acknowledging you as the only person to have ever used an Oberon for something useful.

Pinned to the floor, Alad squirms in an odd mix of anger and disgust. Deke wastes no time in picking up the wrench and knocking Alad out.

Edited by Awsumniss

Alad turns around and tries to make an escape, yelling: "You crazy bastards are going to get me killed!"

As quick as the rate at which Oberon dies, you grab the unconscious Oberon and hurl him at Alad with all my strength, knocking him to the floor.

Deke stares at the toppled Alad and nods towards you in approval, acknowledging you as the only person to have ever used an Oberon for something useful.

Pinned to the floor, Alad squirms in an odd mix of anger and disgust. Deke wastes no time in picking up the wrench and knocking Alad out.

(dude please try to control others' characters as little as possible, I really don't think deke would do that lmao)

(I don't think alad would do that either XD)

(btw I acknowledge making your own character, as we could use another person in the current trio)

(btw x2, your roleplay skills are great nonetheless     ' < ' )

Edited by TheMetrocop

Aws, try to introduce an actual character and please stop using Second Person. This thread's dangerously close to derailing as it is.

"Listen, Alad, in this situation, and those likely to follow, you can consider yourself expendable, and therefore already dead."

He studies my scarred face behind the blindfold I wear. I untie the fabric. Alad scowls.

"Oh, I thought you looked familiar. Yes, your eyes were very useful. A perfect killing machine, even at the prototype stage. Imagine what I could've done if you hadn't... interfered."

He stops talking, a coughing fit interrupting him. He wipes an unhealthy-looking liquid away from the edges of his mouth.

"The Zanuka would have been perfect." He goads me further. "It would have been the greatest defence against any Tenno incursions anywhere. My uninsightful 'business partners' failed to see that. You killed most of them. Cry all you want, Loki, you're not getting your eiiiyes back."

I scowl at him.

"Deke, take off. That way, we can talk without interruption. Also, it gives me a way to dispose of him."

"Oh really? I wouldn't want to get blood all over the floor."

"That won't be a problem. I'll just float you."