Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobile Defense Checkpoints

Callback

This issue is far too common with the random matchmaking.  You enter a Grineer mobile defense mission, farm 20 mods and 100 alloy plate, but nobody actually defends the damn cryopod and you fail the mission after all that work and lose it all.

There's a simple solution, implement checkpoints.  The same way you keep your drops up to the last extraction if you fail in endless defense, you should be allowed to keep your drops up to the last completed terminal in a mobile defense.  I understand making you lose your drops to prevent quick farming for blueprints, but in a mobile defense where you are successfully completing 2/3 of the mission should you really be forced to sacrifice 15 minutes of work because of random matchmaking?  I have lost hours of work, dozens of mods, hundreds of alloy plates.  I just want to be able to keep what I earn.

May I suggest dropping waypoints on the pod itself to draw the players back? Either that or try and use warframes, if you have them, with abilities that shield things eg. frost or volt or distract enemies, saryn, nyx or loki. 

It sucks but it just means you need to be extra vigilant over your team actions. Don't be afraid to yell on chat, too eg. defend pod please lots of enemies.

I am sure everyone had sessions where people just get over hyped over killing things they forgot about the objective.

Honestly I would recommend making some friends with good players if you're having trouble, I pretty much always run a frame with a wide range high damage AoE when doing mobile/endless defense missions, because I know with that, I can solo it. I don't need to rely on teammates that want to run to the other side of the map rather than stay close and let the mobs come to us. So with that public games work fine for me, but not sure what you're using, but as I said if you're havng trouble, make friends and party up.

This issue is far too common with the random matchmaking.  You enter a Grineer mobile defense mission, farm 20 mods and 100 alloy plate, but nobody actually defends the damn cryopod and you fail the mission after all that work and lose it all.

There's a simple solution, implement checkpoints.  The same way you keep your drops up to the last extraction if you fail in endless defense, you should be allowed to keep your drops up to the last completed terminal in a mobile defense.  I understand making you lose your drops to prevent quick farming for blueprints, but in a mobile defense where you are successfully completing 2/3 of the mission should you really be forced to sacrifice 15 minutes of work because of random matchmaking?  I have lost hours of work, dozens of mods, hundreds of alloy plates.  I just want to be able to keep what I earn.

Make 3 friends, play with them.

Problem solved.

Or...

If three random pubbies run off, go defend the pod yourself.

With my frames it's just not possible to solo.  Excalibur Prime can slash dash and kill wave after wave in 1 shot, but they spawn faster than anyone could deal with alone, combined with 2 balconies sniping downwards, you need a competent team.

The only times I have seen MD fails is due to bugs. Just stay on the computer or cyro and let the other tards run around like headless chickens. I know its annoying but S#&$ happens :/