Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Camera Zoom Adjustment

TrollfaceDotJPG

I did a brief search to see if this was previously mentioned by found nothing that stood out.

It'd be nice if we could adjust the overall zoom of the camera whiles not aiming. I never faced problems with the Camera until I played Rhino, and at the same time I acquired a sentinel. 

I especially noticed this when in hectic melee fights, with the bigger character and sentinel blocking an unnecessary amount of screen space.

Three rather simple ways of doing this would be...

1. Have a slider in the options

2. Have a button to toggle between 2-3 different options (Similar if not the same as a racing game camera system)

3. Each warframe has it's own different level of zoom  depending on how much screen space the warframe takes up

Now I understand this could quite easily be countered with "You take on the less screen space if your going to use a bigger character" or "Does it even matter", and in response to the latter, yes it does matter for me personally as I get quite motion sick depending on a mixture of FoV + Camera Zoom / Lack of screen space.

(@mods: Couldn't decide which category this belonged to, if needed move to appropriate category)

Edited by TrollfaceDotJPG

There should be a FOV or Field of View option in the Video section of the settings see if that helps

I've already tried this, although FoV doesn't directly affect the distance between your camera and your character (at least it did seem like it, perhaps I'll have to do a comparison).

Thanks though.

Edited by TrollfaceDotJPG

Camera needs more work then just that, my friend... I agree we need camera controls instead of one single pattern. This is especially true due to the camera sometimes going behind your head and going in the way of your shots, not to mention some wonky perspective. Hell, i'd love to see like Camera in my mouse wheel so i can quickly switch to long camera for melee and close camera for ranged shorts in a flash. But right now, i don't think this is on the imediate plate... The Camera behind your head, for example, has been there ever since i can remember this game.