Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Tenno Traitors

Anceto

I'm not so sure these bosses being specifically corrupt Tenno is a great idea. For one, it does break the Lore quite a bit; the Tenno are unwavering from the Lotus' will; literally adjusting their objectives mid-mission without word of complaint or objection. They are obedient, silent killing machines, and all these things point to yet another attribute; loyalty.

Another thing that would need to be introduced to the game to make these Tenno more than just 'bosses that look like us' are personalities; there's got to be a reason they deviated, and joined whatever faction they're aiding. You could claim they've been brainwashed or corrupted, but an advanced race like the Tenno are likely to have safeguards against that sort of stuff, something far beyond anything even the Corpus could work around without years of research, which is unlikely to happen now what with the Tenno's assault. Communication is key, and since they are usually silent, it would be rather difficult for the Tenno to work with other races, especially if the language they speak is not the same as theirs. Sure, the Tenno might understand what they are saying, but probably not the other way around.

Nevertheless, the idea of a boss using the Tenno's abilities is not one that throws me off the idea completely. I think it would be easier for the races to strip technology from the warframes they removed from their prisoners, as opposed to controlling the warframe entirely. I mean, there's already an example of a boss who uses cloaking technology to hide when his shields are down; Something that could very well be turned to sound like they took it from a captured Loki warframe.

You could say the end-game bosses are the ones that have all the warframe abilities, so much so that they even almost look like the warframe they're mimicking, but to have actual Tenno fight against us is not only slightly immersion breaking (at least for me), but is also something done-to-death in a lot of action-genre games, and since WarFrame already has other elements of uniqueness, I'd rather they not cliché that up at all, personally.

TLDR; Corrupt/betraying Tenno? No. Corpus/Grineer using Tenno technology; more likely.