Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Badge For Threads With De Responses, A Way To Show Just De Responses To A Thread

Beelzebubbles

Hello all,

The Bioware forums have two nice features.

1. If a Bioware employee has responded to a forum thread, the thread is badged with a "bioware" symbol to let people know that there has been an official sort of response.

2. If you click on the Bioware badge on any such forum thread, you are taken to a different view of the thread that shows ONLY the responses from Bioware in that thread, along with the original poster's message.

I found this immensely helpful, and I think it would cut down on a lot of the repetitive threads and/or repetitive messages you find in any given thread.  As a good example, there is this thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39383-artifacts-from-alerts-with-rewards-not-received/

Eleven pages, at this time.  Rebecca and one of the community mods responded somewhere in the middle of that, with "hey, we're looking at this", and instructions for what to do if you were affected.  People who came in after that though kept saying "what do I dooooo? OMG this is broked!!!!" without reading through the previous pages. 

This would be alleviated quite a bit I think with the above suggestions.

Thanks!

Edit 5/28/2013: This would help both DE and the player base!  Take a look at all the noise regarding "hey DE doesn't ever respond to this" and then the back and forth from people going "hey, they responded here!" "Well you can't blame me for not knowing after sixteen pages!"

https://forums.warfr...id-keys/page-16

The forum is now too populous and the signal-to-noise ratio is getting lower and lower.  We really really really need a way to find responses from DE in a thread, and to know that DE has commented in a thread when we're looking at a forum!

Edited by Beelzebubbles

+1 for the actual suggestion(Long overdue), another +1 for managing to use the Bioware forums in a positive example.

LOL Yeah, there's a lot of negativity over there in the ME3 Multiplayer forums.  I imagine as Warframe grows though, you'll see more of that crap here too. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this topic.  This would help both DE and the player base!  Take a look at all the noise regarding "hey DE doesn't ever respond to this" and then the back and forth from people going "hey, they responded here!" "Well you can't blame me for not knowing after sixteen pages!"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51958-dear-de-the-simple-statistical-reason-as-to-why-im-never-going-to-buy-void-keys/page-16

The forum is now too populous and the signal-to-noise ratio is getting lower and lower.  We really really really need a way to find responses from DE in a thread, and to know that DE has commented in a thread when we're looking at a forum!

Confirming the signal to noise ratio - which is why Com Mods aggregate candidates for Hot Topics and Hot Topics transmit quick DE answers. :)

But, yeah, a marker on thread if a DE staff, admin or a ComMod replied might help.

I do like the hot topics list, but I don't believe that we're capturing all of the hottest threads there.  I personally look at the hot topics and go "but what about topic X, that has like fifteen pages?" and such.

I also am pretty sure that DE comments on more than just the hot topics, so I really think this idea would help.  

• 2 weeks later...