Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decisive Judgement- Nikana Stance

SilverZs

Probably one of my more favourite stances to actually use, but one of the largest (and only) gripes with it, is its 'melee mode' waiting grip...

Unlike Blind Justice, where the stance is centered on the 'art of the draw' concept of japanese weaponry, Decisive Judgement is a two-handed grip style which doesn't obey the passive/waiting to strike where the blade is still sheathed. 

The stance should have its waiting to strike animation changed to a two-handed grip while waiting to strike, where the blade is gripped to the right of the body, with both hands. 

A great illustration of what I'm referring to is the game Ninja Gaiden, while Ryu has his blade drawn and is moving (walking), the blade is held to his right with both hands on the grip. While running, it is a single handled grip with the blade pointing behind him.

It also really doesn't get more 'ninja' then Ryu.... Just sayin'.

Edited by SilverZs

Probably one of my more favourite stances to actually use, but one of the largest (and only) gripes with it, is its 'melee mode' waiting grip...

Unlike Blind Justice, where the stance is centered on the 'art of the draw' concept of japanese weaponry, Decisive Judgement is a two-handed grip style which doesn't obey the passive/waiting to strike where the blade is still sheathed. 

The stance should have its waiting to strike animation changed to a two-handed grip while waiting to strike, where the blade is gripped to the right of the body, with both hands. 

A great illustration of what I'm referring to is the game Ninja Gaiden, while Ryu has his blade drawn and is moving (walking), the blade is held to his right with both hands on the grip. While running, it is a single handled grip with the blade pointing behind him.

It also really doesn't get more 'ninja' then Ryu.... Just sayin'.

Blind Justice does not revolve around Iaido it revolves around the style of sword combat that is centered around reverse edged strikes used in samurai movies by one character a blind ronin who fights using a reverse sword style which has the blade facing towards the ground instead of towards the sky. This can even be confirmed that the character zatoichi a blind samurai who uses this reverse style of combat was the inspiration for Blind Justice.

Blind Justice does not revolve around Iaido it revolves around the style of sword combat that is centered around reverse edged strikes used in samurai movies by one character a blind ronin who fights using a reverse sword style which has the blade facing towards the ground instead of towards the sky. This can even be confirmed that the character zatoichi a blind samurai who uses this reverse style of combat was the inspiration for Blind Justice.

Its actually a reversed grip, which is true yes. But the primary entry of combat by the reversed grip IS from the sheathe. 

You do not two-hand wield a weapon by constantly sheathing it in-between strikes, which is the entire point of this thread.

Another point to make in regards to Blind Justice and the reverse grip, the sheathe in itself is held in the offhand and used defensively (primarily) and offensively (rarely, to my knowledge) as well as being primarily a SINGLE handed grip weapon style.

Which again returns me to the point of this thread, why are we constantly re-drawing a stance style that which is two handed from the sheathe every, bloody, time we start swinging.

Edited by SilverZs

Its actually a reversed grip, which is true yes. But the primary entry of combat by the reversed grip IS from the sheathe. 

You do not two-hand wield a weapon by constantly sheathing it in-between strikes, which is the entire point of this thread.

Another point to make in regards to Blind Justice and the reverse grip, the sheathe in itself is held in the offhand and used defensively (primarily) and offensively (rarely, to my knowledge) as well as being primarily a SINGLE handed grip weapon style.

Which again returns me to the point of this thread, why are we constantly re-drawing a stance style that which is two handed from the sheathe every, bloody, time we start swinging.

You really don't redraw it all that often it's really not that similar to a true Iaido style such as battojutsu which really does use the sheath in both a offensive and defensive manner such as blocking attacks, jabbing people etc. It's and does regularly draw and redraw.

Chances are we will get more two handed styles and even possibly a daisho style like  Niten Ichi Ryu the style Musashi created and used.