Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kanye West...is Making A Game [News]

TheErebus.

Problem is that the QTEs are generally looked down upon, especially if they are boring. Which from what I can see, is that The Order does. Boring QTE sections.

Yes, QTE's are looked down on. QTE's are used as an easy way to give interactivity in a scene that otherwise would just be played out with no interaction.

For a developer like the one who created the order, this is there first attempt at a AAA console game. So QTE's might have seemed like a good idea at the time, but now they are getting crucified for it.

The problem is the negativity towards QTE's, sometimes there is no other way to make a scene work, considering the amount of QTE's in other popular shooters that aren't even mentioned, this to me, seems just like people taking a stab at the devs.

Yes, QTE's are looked down on. QTE's are used as an easy way to give interactivity in a scene that otherwise would just be played out with no interaction.

For a developer like the one who created the order, this is there first attempt at a AAA console game. So QTE's might have seemed like a good idea at the time, but now they are getting crucified for it.

The problem is the negativity towards QTE's, sometimes there is no other way to make a scene work, considering the amount of QTE's in other popular shooters that aren't even mentioned, this to me, seems just like people taking a stab at the devs.

The thing is that QTEs can be done right. MGR did it perfectly with how high paced it was. 

Interactivity is a funny thing, because games like Heavy Rain is heralded as a really good game, but it's practically all QTE. So does it make an actual video game with gameplay or just an interactive movie?

Mash A to rap.

Now that's a game with solid gameplay mechanics, wouldn't you say so Pharen?

The thing is that QTEs can be done right. MGR did it perfectly with how high paced it was. 

Interactivity is a funny thing, because games like Heavy Rain is heralded as a really good game, but it's practically all QTE. So does it make an actual video game with gameplay or just an interactive movie?

Now that's a game with solid gameplay mechanics, wouldn't you say so Pharen?

I think you're taking this a little (or a lot) out of context here Erebus. Only the cutscenes in the order have QTE's which is common practice in the shooter genre.

Also sadly, with that kanye game mash A to rap is highly likely with his level of skill....

Quote from the article:
"Right now I'm working on a video game for Only One, and the idea is that it's my mother going through the gates of heaven and you have to bring her to the highest gates of heaven by holding her to the light," West said. "We've been working on it for like six months."

really?