The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do weapon ranks work?

HeartlessFinale

I've been playing warframe for about two/three weeks and can say I'm fairly impressed and love this game so far. During my mishap adventures I managed to get my strun to rank 30. Seing how we have a limited ammount of weapon inventory slots, I decided I would take my time to try every weapon and get them all to level 30 and sell those that I got to level 30 to cycle through all the weapons. After I sold my strun I got entrigued and bought another strun to see what happened. Strangely (at least to me) the strun's rank was unranked. So my question is:

Is this a bug or do weapon ranks reset when you sell them and if so, does this apply to warframes?.

Well, if you think about it, it is your character who gets to know a weapon of a new type and eventually masters his knowledge. So there could be two points of view, right?

Edited by Akumu

Im pretty sure thats how its intended. No reason to sell a high level gun just to re buy it back... I know you did it as a experiment but its best to buy alittle plat, or a founders, and buy more weapons slots (2 slots for 12 plat). Just my 2 cents :-) and doesnt hurt to support an amazing F2P imo. Lost 27 hours so far myself.

Another question related to this: If i reranked it back up to thirty would those levels go to my overall rank or not?

EDIT: I tested this by running through a map with a new strun. I ranked it up to two but there was no change to my overall rank from it

Edited by HeartlessFinale