The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifiers Are No Longer A Frustrating Experience

HibikiGanaha

Thank you DE for the nerfs, whether temporary or permanent.  After running 200+ T4 keys this weekend, the nullifiers didn't leave me feeling frustrated and upset about the random OHKO mechanics from before.

So what changed?  They have a much lower accuracy if you are in motion.  You can now copter towards them without getting sniped out of the sky!  They will still sometimes miss if you are standing still, like reviving an ally.  The damage was also considerably toned down.  If you do get hit, you aren't getting unfairly one shot even though they still hurt.

As a side note, it was pretty funny seeing the nullifiers crouching behind cover.  I'm not sure if this is new or I just never noticed it before.

Yeah, I noticed them taking cover and they always seemed to do their Terminator-walk before.

I whipped past one in his bubble with a direction melee overshoot and turned around to see him cowering behind a piece of machinery in a corpus tileset. Odd, but convenient for the follow-up attack.

Their bubble is still completely broken, doesn't shrink as fast as it should when you're using a weapon with a really high RoF, and it still needs that freaking RoF if you wanna shrink it down.

Yes, I do appreciate the nerfs, but they still aren't in a good place still. They do need more tweaks imo.

As a side note, it was pretty funny seeing the nullifiers crouching behind cover.  I'm not sure if this is new or I just never noticed it before.

They learned some tenno have been using

225px-ReflectionModU145.png 

and hide behind cover now to avoid killing themselves

Their bubble is still completely broken, doesn't shrink as fast as it should when you're using a weapon with a really high RoF, and it still needs that freaking RoF if you wanna shrink it down.

Yes, I do appreciate the nerfs, but they still aren't in a good place still. They do need more tweaks imo.

I can't really comment on the bubble as I've switched to using launchers or going into melee with primed reach to deal with nullifiers.

They learned some tenno have been using

225px-ReflectionModU145.png 

and hide behind cover now to avoid killing themselves

haha that's awesome, i'll have to try it out

• 2 weeks later...

...Oh... dont tell me... if you want we make them 1HP bubble 1HP life...

Now talking seriuosly: that bubbles has HP isnt it? But they should scale or any sick Damage Weapon well modded should oneshot it in one second (this doesnt happen and It should if bubble doesnt scale); and Second: yeah, the -freaking- Fire Rate for removing it is a must (I dont see the regeneration of the bubble too fast sick), as I see it as an original mechanic to a new enemy for being killed! (Combined with high damage and working mathematically perfect this should work and be fine for a cool gameplay)

Edited by Deimos87

...Oh... dont tell me... if you want we make them 1HP bubble 1HP life...

Now talking seriuosly: that bubbles has HP isnt it? But they should scale or any sick Damage Weapon well modded should oneshot it in one second (this doesnt happen and It should if bubble doesnt scale); and Second: yeah, the -freaking- Fire Rate for removing it is a must (I dont see the regeneration of the bubble too fast sick), as I see it as an original mechanic to a new enemy for being killed! (Combined with high damage and working mathematically perfect this should work and be fine for a cool gameplay)

You just desecrated a 2 weeks old thread, and you didn't bring anything useful to it.

Bubbles ARE broken, simply because they only understand High Rate of Fire, and they have a shrinking speed cap. That means that it does not matter if you're running a maxed weapon, or an unranked one, because it will shrink the same.

And on top of needing a high RoF to shrink it (Snipers/Bows/Launchers/Semi auto weapons are borderline useless against the bubble, even though they all deal tons of damage), the shrinking speed cap makes you waste bullets, and give them a longer invulnerability during which they can shoot their automatic Lanka (cuz charging shots is for scrubs, AKA Tennos).

So no, they aren't in a good place, and no, their mechanic isn't "original" or fun or whatever, it's just broken and bullsh...

The stink speed being caped it by design, the fact that Corrupted Nullifier bubbles not shrinking based on damage is a bug im sure they will fix like they did for the normal Nullifiers.

The L40+ Nullifiers on Pluto are not bad since they fixed their bubbles, a very short burst from my Soma or even a single Blast from my Opticor then wait 2 seconds for the shield to shrink and kill the PITA.

You just desecrated a 2 weeks old thread, and you didn't bring anything useful to it.

Bubbles ARE broken, simply because they only understand High Rate of Fire, and they have a shrinking speed cap. That means that it does not matter if you're running a maxed weapon, or an unranked one, because it will shrink the same.

And on top of needing a high RoF to shrink it (Snipers/Bows/Launchers/Semi auto weapons are borderline useless against the bubble, even though they all deal tons of damage), the shrinking speed cap makes you waste bullets, and give them a longer invulnerability during which they can shoot their automatic Lanka (cuz charging shots is for scrubs, AKA Tennos).

So no, they aren't in a good place, and no, their mechanic isn't "original" or fun or whatever, it's just broken and bullsh...

They aren't broken you are just entitled and think that the game should be designed around your needs/expectations. 

They aren't broken you are just entitled and think that the game should be designed around your needs/expectations. 

Yes, that's probably what this is all about, you're right, they're just working as intended and aren't broken at all. My apologies.

Yes, that's probably what this is all about, you're right, they're just working as intended and aren't broken at all. My apologies.

They are, and its high time people stopped complaining about them. Your apology is accepted btw. 

Edited by BlutAdler