The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt Paris Mod Idea

GrayWo1fe

I LOVE the thunderbolt paris-specific mod. It's a nice concept of having explosive arrows. But, I have an Idea for a tactical 'upgrade' to it, what if, instead of it being a complete random chance of the next arrow you drawing is explosive, You had a separate quiver ( or something similar ) that you could switch over to using with the press of a hotkey. Say for instance, I'm sneaking through a level, attempting to be stealthy, I spot an enemy and decide to take him down stealthily. I fire my arrow to impale him on the adjacent wall, BUT it explodes, alerting everyone in the immediate area I'm there. Or, A group of grineer are firing on my from a distance, but are mistakenly in a circle, so I shoot an arrow ( hoping for it to be explosive) into the crowd and get nothing but a disappointing 'dink!'. With my Idea you could switch between explosive and non explosive arrows at will, I mean, you wouldn't pick up a snake ASSUMING it won't bite you, would you?

I actually think this is a great idea. The only problem I see with it, is the fact that you have to switch between ammo types, but if this is implemented, it could make weapons with incen, ice, and shock damage become specific ammo types, and then I can't hit Grineer with every type of elemental damage with my dual vipers anymore ;~;.

I actually think this is a great idea. The only problem I see with it, is the fact that you have to switch between ammo types, but if this is implemented, it could make weapons with incen, ice, and shock damage become specific ammo types, and then I can't hit Grineer with every type of elemental damage with my dual vipers anymore ;~;.

Explosive and normal arrows are completely different, elemental mods just add more damage of a certain element. 

If different ammo mods are introduced, it would be nice to see a mod, that replaces normal damage with elemental completely, so you would have a choice between %elemental and reliable normal, or big elemental, but with no normal at all.

As well as it would be nice if devs just grouped bolto, boltor and paris into one group of "bolt weapons", and gave them this mod.

Edited by GTG3000

Where and what enemy dropped the mod OP?

It's a rare mod, i'm assuming you find it in the world

I think that would be easily addressed by having the elements affect both types of ammunition.