Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Re-Leveling A Prestige'd Weapon/warframe Gain Mastery?

TheSteelPhantom

You know what would make this simpler how about we change the name of it from mastery rank to something generic like Completion Rank. The main reason why I don't like the idea is because it does not seperate those that have maxed everything from those that only played with 3 weapons and one Frame and maxed them over and over again. Just as how jack of all trade should not be in the same bracket of a Master, same can be said for two people obtaining mastery rank in two completely different ways. If anything they could change Mastery Rank to something like Tenno Rank and it would be based off of a Mastery Rank that corresponds to weapons and Warframes to fit the definition of the word. Mastery Rank of weapons would get a harder to raise as the more it levels but would still in someway affect Tenno Rank and from getting a higher Mastery Rank you would get some sort of title to apply to your existing name. I know this sounds similar to Cod as much as I don't want it to but it's a way to seperate those that are a Jack of All Trades from the Masters. I can see this being something in the future but as of right now it seems like it would take way too much time and work for something so minor to add to the game that doesn't really effect gameplay or enjoyment of the game to most players.

I completely agree. I'm right now at rank 6 but I constantly feeling like being forced to play on new warframes instead of my favorites . Same with weapons I have a few lvl 30 ones with potatoes on them but I feel forced to have at least one new whatever weapon so that my mastery rank would go up. I think there must be at least a slight xp gain even all your weapons and warframes are lvl 30. Right now it feels like Im wasting my time playing with everything maxed.

Edited by magnaar

I completely agree. I'm right now at rank 6 but I constantly feeling like being forced to play on new warframes instead of my favorites . Same with weapons I have a few lvl 30 ones with potatoes on them but I feel forced to have at least one new whatever weapon so that my mastery rank would go up. I think there must be at least a slight xp gain even all your weapons and warframes are lvl 30. Right now it feels like Im wasting my time playing with everything maxed.

This is exactly it. Currently, there is zero incentive rank-wise to continue playing your level 30 Warframe or weapons. I have nothing against leveling other Warframes/weapons. I'd just like something equal or on-par with rushing 30's, for playing with what I enjoy.

Rushing 30's that I un-equip as soon as it hits 30 is literally a waste of my time. But in order to gain mastery rank... I have to.

Simple as that. Opponents to this topic are entitled to their opinions and I encourage their input, suggestions, etc, but there's no arguing that point at least.

Edited by TheSteelPhantom

Then perhaps you've mistaken what the mastery is for. As I see it, DE has made mastery the overall mastery of everything. If you choose to only play half the frames and weapons, then your mastery of "everything" is not as  high as it could be. If you choose to reset your mastery rank, then your mastery is not as high as it could be if you don't use everything; it's a reset after all.

It seems fair.

However, perhaps DE should come up with another way to measure your e-peen since you want continued usage of your rank 30 weapons/frames to feed into another arbitrary number. That way, folks who really need a number to keep increasing will still get it. It's a petty thing, but since players desire it, and it doesn't seem like too much work, it might be in DE's best interest to support those people who need that feeling of increasing imaginary numbers. The more players they keep, the better for them.

And hey, I'm not a stranger to feeling like I'm "wasting time" when I use rank 30 stuff instead of other things, but I also realize that I'm using that stuff because I enjoy using that stuff, and there's still something increasing (credits, resources). That's good enough for me.

People need to stop twiddling semantics over what the devs mean by mastery and realize that it's simply an account level system and a flawed one at that.  Account rank isn't going to stay meaningless for long and the way in which accounts are ranked is going to have to change or people will feel they're getting screwed out of upper rank rewards because they don't want to have to use every single warframe and weapon in the game.

People need to stop twiddling semantics over what the devs mean by mastery and realize that it's simply an account level system and a flawed one at that.  Account rank isn't going to stay meaningless for long and the way in which accounts are ranked is going to have to change or people will feel they're getting screwed out of upper rank rewards because they don't want to have to use every single warframe and weapon in the game.

Well said.

You seem to be missing the point of the mastery rankings, it simply makes sense that more gear you use more experienced you get in warframe universe.

Also being able to prestige weapons as it stands now would be useless unless you add more benefits to them which would make this easy game even easier considering how much fire power catalysts grant.

There is really nothing wrong with trying out different gear but if you like your existing gear so much that you don't wanna use anything else then why bother with the mastery rank to begin with ? You're right this is't call of duty.. higher mastery ranks are not prestiges they just don't unlock any gear at this moment this game is still in beta.

I suggest you chill out and go try something new like the forst prime that's coming out soon :P he'll help you chill out.

You seem to be missing the point of the mastery rankings, it simply makes sense that more gear you use more experienced you get in warframe universe.

You're using lore in a game design discussion.  Stop it.  No matter how much it might make lore wise, it's not going to work well once rank's become more worthwhile to attain.

Also being able to prestige weapons as it stands now would be useless unless you add more benefits to them which would make this easy game even easier considering how much fire power catalysts grant.

The system the devs have talked about is letting people prestige weapons in order to change the polarity of slots on their weapons/warframes.  It would be completely worthwhile.

There is really nothing wrong with trying out different gear but if you like your existing gear so much that you don't wanna use anything else then why bother with the mastery rank to begin with ? You're right this is't call of duty.. higher mastery ranks are not prestiges they just don't unlock any gear at this moment this game is still in beta.

I suggest you chill out and go try something new like the forst prime that's coming out soon :P he'll help you chill out.

The key phrase being "at the moment."  If they make mastery ranks wortwhile to attain and don't make any changes, it will annoy people that don't want to have keep switching weapons.  That's why it's important to discuss it now before they make those changes.

You know those storage containers, that ones with the stuff inside? Hmm, can't quite remember what the white energy ball was that comes out of those containers, but I think a dead squirrel told me that it has something to do with your mastery rank. Then again, he says lots of stuff.

Edit: he lied, never trust a squirrel.

Edited by Carcharias

Few things I'm picking up from reading this thread;

1: if there were no optional reset this topic wouldn't exist(I'd rather just stick with my favourites thanks).
2: The problem isn't the way mastery works, the problem is people don't want to work for(put any effort into) what mastery gives. 
3: if all you want is mastery from prestige, well I think you should get mastery for that too. 

This game is all about diverse weapons and warframes, in fact the original Idea of warframe was just that, and now they are adding lore etc etc etc. 

I'll never be interested in the snipertron, heat dagger,afuris,furis, dual skana, ankyros, fragor, bo, sicarus,  kraken, lex, boar, lato, aklato, dark dagger, braton, and multiple other weapons that will come out.

And why should DE cater to someone who rejects so many aspects of the game? Snipertron is a really good gun, Afuris is one of the best pistol pairs, Fragor is beast, Kraken is op, Lex is okay... Boar is the best dps in the game. The rest are meh I agree, but they were still fun to rank up. 

Few things I'm picking up from reading this thread;

1: if there were no optional reset this topic wouldn't exist(I'd rather just stick with my favourites thanks).

2: The problem isn't the way mastery works, the problem is people don't want to work for(put any effort into) what mastery gives. 

3: if all you want is mastery from prestige, well I think you should get mastery for that too. 

This game is all about diverse weapons and warframes, in fact the original Idea of warframe was just that, and now they are adding lore etc etc etc. 

And why should DE cater to someone who rejects so many aspects of the game? Snipertron is a really good gun, Afuris is one of the best pistol pairs, Fragor is beast, Kraken is op, Lex is okay... Boar is the best dps in the game. The rest are meh I agree, but they were still fun to rank up. 

1.) Unlikely since it's come up before.

2.) Lol no.  People will gladly grind for ranks so long as they can use the stuff they like to use.

The game is about shooting and cutting stuff :|

The question you should be asking is why DE isn't making the system to cater to players of actually have preferences and are attached to particular aspects of the game.  That is how you get dedicated players. 

Snipertron is too slow to be considered good, paris outclasses it anyways.  Afuris have terrible ammo economy no matter how you mod them.  Fraggor is the most pointless weapon in the game.  A blunt heavy weapon when charge attacks already ignore armor?  lol.  Boar also has terrible ammo ecnomy.  Kraken's clip is too small to be worthwhile.

You know those storage containers, that ones with the stuff inside? Hmm, can't quite remember what the white energy ball was that comes out of those containers, but I think a dead squirrel told me that it has something to do with your mastery rank. Then again, he says lots of stuff.

That's affinity, it's xp for weapons and frames.  Mastery is only gained when you level up a weapon or frame.

Edited by Aggh

@Aggh

Thanks! I guess the dead squirrel lied to me after all. I've had enough fun playing the game with a wide variety of load outs to where I just gained level 4 mastery without even really trying too and I've got just over 100 hours of game play. Point being I think it comes plenty fast. The game is already kinda repetitive, got to do something for longevity.

Edited by Carcharias

No need to argue what weapons are good/bad/etc. That's all preference. The point is, regardless of whether or not I prefer a weapon's play-style or type, I currently must level it in order to gain mastery. Regardless of my interest in the weapon, regardless of whether or not it's amazing, regardless of its play-style.

Opponents of this topic are not arguing "Well if you don't care about leveling other weapons, then why care about mastery at all?"

Because it's an experience-bar/stat in the game capable of rising, and it's clearly going to provide more awards the higher it gets in the future once implemented. Even if it did nothing, forever, it's still there to level. There should be other methods of leveling it besides rushing 30's.

The fact remains... there is currently zero incentive whatsoever to keep playing a weapon or Warframe once you hit 30 with it. It gives no mastery no matter what you do with it after that, regardless of how much you like playing it. This single solitary fact is all I'm asking be changed.

Why?

Because of the fact at the bottom of my post. There's no incentive to do anything else but rush stuff to 30 and then switch it out. Couple that with the fact that many people have zero interest in playing certain weapons and frames, but are effectively "forced" to because there's no reason to keep playing the ones they like for mastery, once 30.

Because of the fact at the bottom of my post. There's no incentive to do anything else but rush stuff to 30 and then switch it out. Couple that with the fact that many people have zero interest in playing certain weapons and frames, but are effectively "forced" to because there's no reason to keep playing the ones they like for mastery, once 30.

No that doesn't answer my question or isn't any sensible argument.

I can level that argument at every progression model, including the leveling the weapons themselves.

There should be a different way to level weapons, like paying credits for it. Why? Because I feel like im being forced to play the game.

Bonkers.

I can level that argument at every progression model, including the leveling the weapons themselves.

There should be a different way to level weapons, like paying credits for it. Why? Because I feel like im being forced to play the game.

Bonkers.

You merely asked why there should be another means of leveling mastery besides rushing 30's. I gave you a perfectly legitimate answer. There are tons of people who don't want to level every Warframe and weapon in the game to gain their mastery (because more rewards @ more ranks is coming). Thus, there should be multiple ways of leveling it. I answered your question perfectly fine. Whether or not you can "poke holes in my argument" (paraphrasing) means nothing.

Bonkers.

This is a textbook example of a strawman.  Please gtfo.

Edited by Aggh

This is a textbook example of a strawman.  Please gtfo.

I used a strawman to highlight his non sequitur.

The fact you are able to spot one but not the other is very telling of your "i want" bias.

Edited by Mietz

The fact remains...

there is currently zero incentive whatsoever to keep playing a weapon or Warframe once you hit 30 with it. It gives no mastery no matter what you do with it after that, regardless of how much you like playing it. This single solitary fact is all I'm asking be changed.

-----

Actually, once you level the weapon base(IE: every weapon in the game), leveling new weapons and using your favourite frame/alternate weapons is easy. 

@Aggh how do you know weapons are bad unless you use them?

Edited by ZEDD

There are tons of people who don't want to level every Warframe and weapon in the game to gain their mastery [...] Thus, there should be multiple ways of leveling it.

This is a non sequitur.

Please try again.

I used a strawman to highlight his own.

The fact you are able to spot one but not the other is very telling of your "i want" bias.

Please explain to me how he created a straw man by answering the question "why?"

there is currently zero incentive whatsoever to keep playing a weapon or Warframe once you hit 30 with it. It gives no mastery no matter what you do with it after that, regardless of how much you like playing it. This single solitary fact is all I'm asking be changed.

Actually, once you level the weapon base(IE: every weapon in the game), leveling new weapons and using your favourite frame/alternate weapons is easy. 

@Aggh how do you know weapons are bad unless you use them?

Ask people that have used them.  Try them out.  Look at their stats and use common sense.  There is a big difference between that and having the progression system require you to use them.

Edited by Aggh

This is a non sequitur.

Please try again.

Not my fault you can't follow the argument/logic. It's there.

-- Players don't like playing everything to level a stat.

-- So my suggestion/idea is to change how the stat levels so you can get it by other means as well.

Both statements are 100% related to each other. The second proposes a solution to the problem outlined in the first sentence. If you can't see that, you're either trolling, or just stupid.

-- So my suggestion/idea is to change how the stat levels so you can get it by other means as well.

Both statements are 100% related to each other. The second proposes a solution to the problem outlined in the first sentence. If you can't see that, you're either trolling, or just stupid.

Nope, nope still does not follow.

For an argument your conclusion must be both necessary and sufficient, its currently neither.

Your conclusion is not sufficient for a "thus" or "therefore" because there is an argument missing in between.

Actually you do not give a solution, which is perfectly fine as your argument needs no solution (sorry, I know thats a bit...pedantic? [if thats the word], anyway). You are completely correct. I know I for one, as well as many others including yourself, want another way to obtain mastery. I do not have a good solution, but I have some ideas.

1)give Mastery Points for every theoretical level an item gives (each additional theoretical level would take the same XP as level 30), but that makes it close to just XP.

2)Do something like achievements - finish levels solo, or with just your pistol, or just your melee, etc. to gain some mastery points.