Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sick And Tired Of Laggers

Boogerman.

Hi,

I had enough of this bullcrap, I'm sick and tired of joining a public room and to be matched up with some laggy 56k dial up user with 2000 of PING and to see them crash or disconnect at the last minute during an alert mission and not get my rewards because of a server glitch.

This is getting most frustrating because the game is Peer2peer, pretty bad system in my opinion and now because of that system the servers are infested with these laggy users who obviously don't meet the minimum requirements for system specifications.

Please find a resolution for this problem, get rid of peer2peer or build a system that punish/forbid these people who obviously don't have the proper internet speed to be blocked from hosting a room.

Regards, a frustrated customer who like steak.

Edited by Boogerman.

Just add an option where you will only connect to peers who have around the same ping/ms as you do and also another option where if you prefer to host or not, or either. Restricting/punishing others from hosting/playing the game who has low latency due to either having bad nets or due to location is never a good idea.

I'm here in the Philippines so I should know that me hosting is a big no-no. Should we be punished for hosting? The system right now just connects you to a random host, rather than checking if you are in the same location, low(est) ping, etc. which is the more massive problem, not the clients.

And yes, I agree peer2peer system is rather ineffective for a game open for the whole of the planet and not region locked - however, owning and managing multiple serves to host for you isn't cheap too. Hopefully they'll change it in the future, but soon? I doubt it.

If people want to be better host get a better router, better modem, and/or fix your ports the game itself lets you choose which ports to run off of you could easily port forward the ones you want to use. Although I wouldn't mind client hosted servers the problem is costs. At the moment I don't think the company can afford to pay for more servers to host for players. As I said though more people need to either get a better modem, get a better router, or  fix their ports. Changing or asking your Service Provider to run a check on your ports would also be a big help. I for one agree though that laggy hosts just ruin a lot of the Online for this game