Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guild Wars 2 Adds First Person Mode [News]

TheErebus.

So it seems that GW2 after about 3 years of being released and going through constant updates, will receive an update on march 10th that'll add First person mode. Supposedly it'll be very much like GTA V (5)s FPS mode where it'll be completely optional. However, I've never played it so I don't know how much this'll change the game. If you guys have played GW2, do you think this mode will change anything?

Here is the link for more info: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/guild-wars-2-adding-first-person-mode/1100-6425545/

And as a bonus, here's an image that shows why people buy the consoles that they buy: 

2817646-nielsen.jpg

And everyone buys a PC because of it's usefulness. 

If they actually add first person view to the game ill probably play it again since it will be interesting to see how it works in the world vs world pvp.

But it wont change the repetetive content and simplistic combat so ill probably quit again after a week lol

edit:

world vs world is 3 servers of players fighting against eachother on a giant map. There is usually 40+ people at least on them and its chaotic enough in 3rd person view. I think first person view will make it a lot more difficult but possible just more annoying as well since you wont be able to see where everyone and end up dying more often because of it. Once you die you sometimes have to walk forever just to get back to the fight which is the annoying part -.-

Edited by Sev7n

If they actually add first person view to the game ill probably play it again since it will be interesting to see how it works in the world vs world pvp.

But it wont change the repetetive content and simplistic combat so ill probably quit again after a week lol

How exactly is the combat like in GW2? 

It's like WoW except you have to aim your AoEs and stuff. I dunno, it's like halfway between TERA and WoW. I might give it a shot again with this crazy concept. Maybe 3 years did the game some good.

My problem with GW2 is that they spent so much effort trying to make it not like WoW that it ended up as a completely bland and unimpressive experience, just like WoW.

You have 4 weapon skills, 1 healing skill, 4 powers.

All the combat is just based around your characters builds and not much about your skill in the combat play. 

Your forced into meta builds due to balance issues

And pretty much what vanadium said its a tera/wow mix leaning heavilly towards wow. 

Edit: i probably wont even try it if they get first person view now after thinking of how horrible that game is. I screwed up and joined an empty server so i cant even compete in the world v world's since its usually 10 v 100 people lol

Edited by Sev7n