Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestions] About Alert

Rabcor

(If you don't wanna read all, just look at the 1. and 2. and feel free to discuss which idea you like more, or whether you disapprove of both)

Someone else here made a thread to complain about how he missed the orokin reactor, and glaive. i too missed the orokin reactor moreso because it was short rather than because it was at a bad time (i was watching anime and then 10 minutes too late i checked on twitter) and here's what i thought.

These alerts are too randomized, theres no form on how they appear apart from the fact that they appear once every 30 minutes or so.

DE should do at least one of two things in my opinion. Those are fairly easy to do too i believe. i like the first one better but the second one would also be reasonable.

so, the two seperate ideas are:

1. Put a certain frequency on "random reward" or "?" alert missions, like normal alerts have 30 minute frequency, maybe a 2 hour frequency on random reward missions would help. That way people can always check every two hours whether there's something nice dropping on twitter or not.

2. Extend the duration of all random reward alert missions to at least 1 hour. That way you'll definetly decrease the amount of people who will sadly miss the reward they needed. I remember for example an orokin catalyst mission that had 1 day as it's duration, i thought "wow, how nice of DE!"

Apart from this, although a slightly seperate issue. I'm really tired of the 2000cr reward alerts. i'd rather have 4000cr alerts every 1 hour than 2000cr rewards for 4 hours and then a chance for 7000-9000cr reward alerts, and a few times per day when DE feels like it, a blueprint reward. I also think it's very lame when you put alerts on the harder planets, such as pluto that give a 2000cr reward, it usually makes me think that it's not worth the trouble..

Edited by rabcor

I totaly disagree... items like that is only obtainable via platinum or alerts so if they make it as long as 1 hourthey would be loosing

money and slowing them down on developing the game, i would recomend you have twitter upp all the time or alterativly join the

steam group for alerts wich will also notify you and minimize whatever you are watching every now and then so you can catch the alerts

Edited by Limekim

(i was watching anime and then 10 minutes too late i checked on twitter) and here's what i thought.

what anime :D ? must be a damn epic one to miss an alert , forget about twitter you can use this http://warframe.dashnet.org/ it plays an alert sound and you can enable it to just show alerts with blueprints / artifacts pretty convenient whenever I watch anime myself too

Edited by KeiyoticNinja

What about us stubborn old-timers who refuse to use Fw*tter and fecesbook? How do I get my notification of an alert? Smoke signals? Jungle drums?

I log on to the game when I have free time, and probably miss 90% of the alerts due to that.

SoanoS, read the comment above yours and there's your answer ;)

It was pretty epic, so epic in fact that i kindof don't regret so badly missing the alert, it's called Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, although i'm re-watching it for like a 4th time.

Limekim, that is an absurd suggestion! minimize what i'm watching just so i can catch the alerts in this game? is this game supposed to have some kind of control over how i live my life? if that's what it takes to play, to give the game some sort of authority over me and my lifestyle i'd rather pass on playing at all. So instead i just keep an eye on twitter since theres little for me to do in the game atm, as i've finished any end-game content the game offers apart from the Defense missions.

Also again Limekim, the alerts that give blueprints and artifacts don't only give items that are obtainable by plat, for example dark sword, all artifacts, dark dagger, heat sword, etc

Edited by rabcor