Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Completely Random Item Alert Missions [?]

PapaKicks

Since we're on the subject...

My idea is to make the reward for [?] alert missions to be randomized every time for every player.

Four players enter a [?] mission:

- Player one receives a Pistol Scavenger artifact.

- Player two receives a Steel Charge artifact.

- Player three receives an Orokin Reactor blueprint.

- Player four receives a Rifle Scavenger artifact.

All items are from the same loot pool that already exists for [?] missions. New items are simply added to the pool when released.

What does this accomplish?

- People will complete more [?] alert missions if they are seeking a specific item. Each mission is a chance to get the item they seek. Right now I check the reward and then decide if I want to complete it, if it's an artifact I already have, many times I won't bother. But if I do not know what the reward will be? I'd complete every one I had the chance to.

- It removes the "but I was at work" feeling of the current setup.

Downsides?

- It will encourage hatred of the oh so misunderstood random number gods...

hmmm... it feels like the usual grind though. instead of just waiting for what i need, I will be forced to do alerts all the time just to get an Item that I want? I like to do other things while waiting for that special alert though... *cough* glaive *cough*

this very point has been made quite a few times and i also think it would be a good idea, but the inherant problem is that people hunting for specific items would get annoyed pretty quickly if they just cant seem to get what they want, many a time have i seen some one on the region chat complain about not getting a banshee part even tho theyve run a mission a few times.

still i support the idea of random ? rewards

I definitely would support this system. Currently the feeling of mystery as you progress through is completely dispelled because people often play already knowing what's at the end.

but the inherant problem is that people hunting for specific items would get annoyed pretty quickly if they just cant seem to get what they want

That's not so bad when you consider the current system already frustrates people like this by simply not spawning an alert for a particular item period, or spawning it when they're unavailable. While the new system might cause a "what if that was the one???????" mentality on every single missed ? alert, the current system is arguably worse in this way, because you KNOW that you missed that potato.

Of course, an exception should be made for 12hr potatos.

hmmm... it feels like the usual grind though. instead of just waiting for what i need, I will be forced to do alerts all the time just to get an Item that I want? I like to do other things while waiting for that special alert though... *cough* glaive *cough*

And what happens if you happen to have been asleep/away when the glaive does pop up? The current system needs you to be able to drop everything if you really want the item.

this very point has been made quite a few times and i also think it would be a good idea, but the inherant problem is that people hunting for specific items would get annoyed pretty quickly if they just cant seem to get what they want, many a time have i seen some one on the region chat complain about not getting a banshee part even tho theyve run a mission a few times.

still i support the idea of random ? rewards

But the items are known to be rare anyway. If at the moment, potatoes are 1-2% of alerts, and this gets transferred into a 1-2% drop rate, everyone expects it to take ages to get one. "Hunting" for an item is actually just waiting for it to magically appear, at least you could increase chances of getting one based on how much you put into the game with this.

Nah dont really like this idea, itd kill a large part of the community. 

Why can you just claim that it'd kill a large part of the community without any sort of evidence?

I think this would be nice if we still had item-specific alerts along with random alerts, that way, even if you miss out of the item-specific alerts, you still have a chance to get it through random alerts.