Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feature To Show That Dev's Have Viewed The Topic

chuuburg

A nice try- at least you're reading posts now, unfortunately not very well. I suggest you learn to read and stop claiming i've contradicted myself where clearly I have not.

1) Thank you for the self pwn no.1
So why is Scott still saying "we dont know whats wrong with Ember" if its that easy.
Oh you mean the devs have no clue how to use the forums, why are you insulting them when they are hard at work ?
All im saying is that they are busy people and do not have much time to read the forums, yet you still think they spend majority of their time on the forums and have no clue that there is a search function.

hmm lets quote one of my earlier posts.

"I'm sure scott, whom has been known to say some odd things, is well aware that the forum is searchable, and last time i searched for 'ember suggestions' it turned up 121 results."

so I've clearly stated that DE knows how search works and is capable of using it. Why would he say he doesn't know? He's scott- in the last three live-streams he's said something odd at least once. To illustrate this I mentioned one of them a little further into the afore-mentioned previous post. And here it is again:

"In a previous live-stream he mentioned the grinders, and low-and-behold they were patched (for the umpteenth time) shortly thereafter."

and just to drive this home...

"If DE knows there's a problem and wants to find user feedback it only takes a few moments to do so. I feel that this invalidates your argument on this front.:"

this was then further re-affirmed with the very post you claimed I somehow contradicted myself in. You then proceeded to try and refer to this post in every single response afterward. I call this an epic fail.

----

i was going to go through the rest of these... but then I realized something... You have absolutely zero reading comprehension and just plain arn't worth my time. You've not addressed anything, you've claimed that I've contradicted myself where clearly I havent, and generally- you've just made yourself look like a bafoon. You're welcome to keep that up- I'm sure it won't get you anywhere.

My previous points all remain uncontested and not once anywhere have I contradicted myself or insulted the devs as you seem to like to believe.

In short... the pros and cons of your suggestion are as follows.

Pros:

enables fanatics to stalk devs (super creepy... but it's a pro for those creepy stalker types)

tells people a thread has been read by a dev at one point in time

Cons

enables fanatics to stalk devs(Privacy issues abound)

doesn't indicate how much of a threads content was read, meaning good suggestions or ideas made by users after it was read by a dev may be believed to have been seen when they were not. Timestamps may alleviate this but leans further into creepy stalker territory.

non-automagic implementation means clicking additional buttons, a lot- which adds up to wasted dev time supporting a feature that doesn't actually contribute anything of value

feature is not productive towards actual game itself in any way and is at it's core intended to help the forum users- while a noble intent- the idea itself is bad.

'community hot topics' subforum. and livestreams already address userbase concerns/questions making this 'feature' somewhat (but not entirely) redundant.

feature will not at all alleviate multiple threads on the same topic... they will always happen on large highly active forums- ALWAYS, it's up to the moderators to merge or close these threads. DE recently took on some community forum moderators to help with this task- among other things.

i could go on... but... i think you get where this is going... if not.. well.. you're just as thick as you seem to be. I'll not waste any further time on this thread and just let it get washed away into obscurity.

People are like stars, there are those that are bright, and those that are dim. If not for the dim ones you would never notice the bright ones. =)

Lol your post is so bad that I couldnt even bother reading it through anymore, you are like a broken tape recorder.

Still sticking to your best argument "Scott says odd thing some times" LOL, best argument EVER.

I hope Scott puts some weird designs into the game as well, New frame will be called fasmfoiagnwrnais because Scott likes to do odd things according to you.

Apparently when anything goes wrong, its just "so and so does something odd".

Your arguments are so invalid that I stopped reading immedaitely after that, only scrolled down to look for your "pros and cons"

Pros:

enables fanatics to stalk devs (super creepy... but it's a pro for those creepy stalker types) <--- LOL???

tells people a thread has been read by a dev at one point in time

Cons

enables fanatics to stalk devs(Privacy issues abound) <--- LOL????

The hilarity of this has reached its peak, your "cons" are not even cons, this is too much for me to take in.

Case closed, your arguments are invalid, you cant even give a con to my suggestion, stop self pwning further.

Thats about all I bothered to read, I think its apparent that you have some childhood issues of people peeping at you in the night.

Maybe someone set up CCTV to look at you sleep and shower ever since you were young and you are reliving your memories from my posts.

You should really head out to see the psychiatrist instead of continue posting here.

I'm being honest here, you seriously need help.

Thank you. :)

Edited by chuuburg

There is simply too much clutter for the devs to be expected to sort through, I feel. ...Also they probably spend more time in the Design Council section than over here in the Improving Warframe section. We could stand to benefit from some kind of peer reviewal system, (which we have in limited form already and could stand to be used more,) as well as requiring moderator approval for threads to keep the repeat-threads to a minimum. What dev is going to look through three dozen threads identically titled "UI Improvements" in the UI Feedback section of the forum? A single thread for the in-game HUD with a couple of very well rated posts would be a much more readable source of feedback.

There is simply too much clutter for the devs to be expected to sort through, I feel. ...Also they probably spend more time in the Design Council section than over here in the Improving Warframe section. We could stand to benefit from some kind of peer reviewal system, (which we have in limited form already and could stand to be used more,) as well as requiring moderator approval for threads to keep the repeat-threads to a minimum. What dev is going to look through three dozen threads identically titled "UI Improvements" in the UI Feedback section of the forum? A single thread for the in-game HUD with a couple of very well rated posts would be a much more readable source of feedback.

Only the first thread need to be read, the clutter came from a troll who had nothing to contribute to the topic.

Edited by chuuburg

I read all of this. The only thing I am sure of is leave DE alone, let them work, its none of our buisiness what threads they do or do not read, do agree with or do not agree with. Add no more requiremnts other than to fix broken things and prepare new and wonderous things for us. If they see something worth replying to, they do. If they see an idea and implement it without ever having confirmed that message, that is good, the game gets better. The need not stroke our epeens for us, apparenlty as a group we do it well enough on our own. 

Personally I would love to see a post by  Steve or Rebecca titled "post I have read" and the content of the first post would be this : Not yours.

Thats it.

To be honest, there's not much going on at the Design Council. Mostly about speculations and doomsday prophecies regarding the duel system, other than that..not much. So far DC has been functioning as previews rather than actual suggestion threads.

@OP

I would love this idea, but there's an issue that would be need to addressed. Namely very long threads. If a dev reads it and marks it read, any post made after that would be unread? Forever unread? Would they be marked as read even if they weren't? Would they be able to mark where they read to, so people would know that posts after that point haven't been read yet.

Anyway..

Personally I would love to see a post by  Steve or Rebecca titled "post I have read" and the content of the first post would be this : Not yours.

I dont know if you meant thread or post, either way it takes too much time and trouble for them to individually create such a list.

Plus as time goes by the list would go into the hundreds and thousands, more time spent on needless things = longer it takes for future updates to come out.

@OP

I would love this idea, but there's an issue that would be need to addressed. Namely very long threads. If a dev reads it and marks it read, any post made after that would be unread? Forever unread? Would they be marked as read even if they weren't? Would they be able to mark where they read to, so people would know that posts after that point haven't been read yet.

Anyway..

They could do it how they want to, not sure what limitations they have with it but I gave the general idea of how it may work.

The "like" could be on individual posts since there are usually so much spam in threads or it could go by page.

As for very long threads, I'm pretty sure the Devs would only really a couple of pages in each thread, namely the first post which usually holds the more information.

They could also add in a new search function so that people can search for certain posts liked by certain Devs.

Rebecca has addressed my post in the May 15th Feedback which is awesome.

6. here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45024-may-15th-hot-feedback-topics/

They already have the idea for it, so lets see how they work it

A certain section of the community will always badger or harass the devs for how they spend their time on the forums "You looked at this joke topic and not this important game feedback topic?". They will do this until the devs withdraw from the forum and from the community.

So while I don't support seeing what a dev has viewed... I would support a decal that denotes a dev reply in a thread.