Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx, Absorb, Shade, And Cloak

Westmin

So... While I should be writing my last ever paper for grad school, I've decided to spend my time on this instead.  

I love that Nyx levitates while absorbing damage, and it seems like a really useful ability sometimes.  (this might have been posted already, so my apologies in advance).

The Problem:  My Shade cloaks me shortly after starting the ability every time, so I no longer take damage, thus there is nothing to absorb, and no damage to put out.  

Solution?: Now, I could get a Wyrm (pain, money, time, or plat), or I could unequip cloak, but then what's the point of having a Shade?

Better Solution: Make the Shade not cloak Nyx while she's using her uber.  

Edit: This apparently has been noted on the wiki. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nyx_(Warframe)

As of patch 7.7.4, during coop missions, it is not advisory to use this skill with the sentinel Shade. Shade will cloak Nyx during the Absorb period most of the time, regardless whether the enemy is crowded around Nyx or not. As such, no damage will be absorbed as the enemy cannot see Nyx.

Edited by Westmin

Probably should just drastically change how Absorb works, since it wasn't particularly useful even before the whole Shade cloak thing was introduced.  

Enemy AI just has a tendency to ignore Nyx when she pops the skill.  This is true in Solo as well as in Co-op. though it's worse in Co-op.

Like countless others have suggested before, making Absorb force enemy aggro would be a solution.

Fair, I noticed it a little with Trinity, but didn't think about it at this point.

Pulling aggro could do it as well, not too fussed necessarily, as it seems most useful when you are getting swarmed... Aggro for defense with absorb, however, very good idea.

Edited by Westmin

I agree that this needs to be addressed, on a seperate note, just an idea for changing absorb overall:

i think that when Nyx uses Absorb, it should taunt all the enemies around her to attack her (which makes sense since she is all mind control-y and stuff)

I agree that this needs to be addressed, on a seperate note, just an idea for changing absorb overall:

i think that when Nyx uses Absorb, it should taunt all the enemies around her to attack her (which makes sense since she is all mind control-y and stuff)

I believe this is what we mean by pulling aggro... not the same for Frost or the other, but, yeah. 

Yes to the idea this thread presents.

And to those comaplaining about nyx's ult in general, keep this in mind:

Nyx's ult also absorbs ally damage.

And then deals it to any enemy who attacked during the channel.

This means you can massively multiply your damage output by focusing your team's fire on nyx during her ult, and then having it hit every nearby enemy.

There are lots of uses for nyx's ult, but shade cloaking it is definately a problem.

Change the ulti entirely. It absorbs the next 500 damage you will take, or the the next 10/13/17 seconds of damage you will receive, whichever comes first, and then burst that damage triplefold towards enemies. It'll work like Rhino's shield.