Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Suggestion: Grineer/corpus Armored Vehicles

MJ12

If we're getting more wide-open areas (like say, Grineer Planetary Bases) it'd be nice for there to be more heavy units the Grineer and Corpus can deploy. Heavy armored vehicles would add an interesting miniboss-type enemy to the enemy roster, allowing for enemies who take coordinated efforts to eliminate. The Grineer would probably have some kind of battle tank, while the Corpus would have walking robots, like anime mecha or battlemechs or whatever.

Both should have one or two big primary guns which you'd prefer to dodge (because they down your shields in one hit), secondary weapons like autotracking gun turrets which you can shoot off, and multiple hit locations which you can target to reduce their effectiveness.

For example: A vehicle might have a high power shield generator that provides it with a ton of fast-regenerating shield HP. However, if you can get behind it (via stunning it, shooting its legs out, stealth, or just outmaneuvering it) you can hit the shield generator, which "only" has about as much HP as a Fusion Moa and when destroyed removes the walker's shields.

Another example: A vehicle may have multiple weapons turrets with heavy autocannon, plasma guns, or missile launchers that provide massive DPS in total. Destroying them will reduce the unit's DPS.

Yet another example: The weakpoint of the vehicle is hidden under thick armor plates. Either use weapons with Puncture or concentrate fire on the armor plates to reveal the weakpoint, which takes x10 damage from attacks (this sounds high but we're talking things with tons of armor and boss-level HP).

So on and so forth. Destroying these vehicles could guarantee tons of delicious loot.

They already did this to an extent with the Corpus Jackal boss and as far as the more open areas, DE_Steve mentioned some stuff about that (which im sure you've already seen but i will link for any other people who haven't)

"Will there be more open environments? (I want sky above my head! I want planets and biodomes!)
The next art set is still enclosed, but focusing on rock and terrain. After this we are looking at open sky spots but still in a colonization/scifi context. Biodomes, limited exposures, etc. We are committed to procedural level generation and how it keeps updates small and level building fast and efficient. This means our constraints are like this: if we have an open-to-sky environment in a tileset, eventually it has to connect to a 'join' on another section. Like a canyon choke-point. This means that you won't be running on a massive terrain heightfield with a building dropped down on it like height-field centric games. It will always have a dungeon generation vibe underlying it."

So yes, i agree that having big open staging grounds or something of that sort with armored vehicles would be super sweet!

But overall, i really enjoyed the Jackal fight. It added a lot more intensity and a nice change of pace and would lvoe to see more like it, overall i really like your idea :)

I have to say, I really like the sound of this, specifically the targeted weak-points, adding a new dynamic of strategy to boss fights. The Jackal is good, but only has the one tactic as such, shoot the legs out, adding more options and variety in enemy types would be awesome.

I'd love the Corpus to receive a spider tank, it would fit with the walkers and such.

Pictured here is the tank design from Ghost in the Shell.

ku-medium.jpg

f788d3ce29edbf7efae9cc683764738c_h.jpg?t

We know that the engine supports destructible parts since you can sometimes cut off the legs of Infested Leapers and they crawl around, so them focusing on this mechanic and adding large enemies with destructible parts would be amazing.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

I really like this idea! Most enemies and bosses are kind point and click anywhere to kill to actually have to get to a weak point would be nice, it would give the wall running mechanic some practical use, other than the occasional jump puzzle, hidden rooms, or shortcuts. It would also aloow for better team work right now its kinda like a race to the extraction, or a mass murder spree. For instance the tank warframes could draw the fire from the main cannons, and the faster frames can head for the auto turrets or the generator, and it would give invis powers an actual use then all day crits lol.