Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Elements To Use With Each Faction?

mrwald0

Question

I'm pretty confused on what Elements i should be using against each fraction, so was hoping some one could break this down for me? I've spent quite a bit of time on the Googles and it seems that each person says something different. I finally just found this chart on Reddit and was wondering if it is up to date?

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2os0fi/damage_cheat_sheet_help_me_fill_out/

Corpus

• 5 mods: Magnetic (C+E) & Toxin+ (Toxin x2) & Bane
  • 4 mods: Magnetic (C+E) & Toxin & Bane
  • 3 mods: Magnetic (C+E) & Toxin
  • 2 mods: Magnetic (C+E)
  • 1 mod: Cold or Toxin

Infested

• 5 mods: Corrosive++ (E x2 + T x2) & Bane, or Corrosive (E+T) & Blast (H+C) & Bane
  • 4 mods: Corrosive (E+T) & Heat & Bane, or Corrosive (E+T) & Blast (H+C)
  • 3 mods: Corrosive (E+T) & Heat
  • 2 mods: Corrosive (E+T)
  • 1 mod: Heat

Grineer

• 5 mods: Radiation (H+E) & Viral (T+C) & Bane
  • 4 mods: Radiation (H+E) & Viral (T+C)
  • 3 mods: Radiation (H+E) & Toxin
  • 2 mods: Radiation (H+E)
  • 1 mod: Toxin

Void

• 5 mods: Corrosive+ (E + T x2) & Heat or Cold & Punch Through
  • 4 mods: Corrosive (T+E) & Heat or Cold & Punch Through
  • 3 mods: Corrosive (T+E) & Heat, Corrosive (T+E) & Cold
  • 2 mods: Corrosive (T+E)
  • 1 mod: Heat or Cold (Don't bring one mod)

Void w/ 4x Corrosive Projection

• 5 mods: Viral++ (T x2 + C x2) & Punch Through, or Viral+ (T x2 + C) & Heat & Punch Through
  • 4 mods: Viral+ (T x2 + C) & Punch Through, or Viral (T+C) & Heat & Punch Through
  • 3 mods: Viral (T+C) & Heat
  • 2 mods: Viral (T+C)
  • 1 mod: Don't bring one mod

Should i be using Bane on my Infested build (ODS/ODD) for my Torid? Why use Corrosive against infested, I thought they have no armor? Corrosive & Blast or Viral & Radiation? These are the hard questions, so can someone break this stuff down so i can stop being so confused everytime i wanna forma a weapon?

Edited by mrwald0

25 answers to this question

For Grineer your best combo will be Radiation+Viral

Corpus Magnetic + Toxin(gas is ok too on high status weapon)

Infested pure corrosive

Void: T1/2 pure corrosive+heat if you want. T3/4 Radiation+Viral

Bane mods have lowest priority among elements. 

If you doing crit build on torid you will not have mod space for bane.

Corrosive against infested is used because Infested that deal most problems such as ancients and moa are weak vs corrosive dmg. Also Moa can give armor to other infested. 

Corrosive + blast is useful only vs ancient healers as they are only unit I can think of that takes increased dmg from blast so Unless it is high status weapon putting blast usually does not pay off so pure corrosive will be better in 9/10 cases.

Edit: if you can put only 1 mod on weapon then both for grineer and corpus use toxin. Void and Infested use fire. Punch Through is expensive mod and put some dmg mod will always be better unless you are running shred in which case it is ok but not every weapon will be great with shred.

Edited by Zarlockk

Seems about right.

If you're only fighting one faction, Bane mods add a lot of damage, often more than a single element.

When planning your elements, you want to figure out what you're fighting first.

For Corpus: They are mostly Shields and Flesh, but also a good deal of Robotic. So, to mod for their weaknesses, Magnetic (very good versus shields) and Toxin (bypasses shields entirely with a bonus vs flesh) are generally good choices. While Toxin does reduced damage versus robotics, Magnetic has no real weakness versus the Corpus. You can also use Radiation + Viral versus Corpus as their Shields are relatively weak and take full damage from both elements, with this combination mostly focusing on what's underneath Corpus Shields (also useful with Shield Disruption Aura).

For Grineer: They have heavy Ferrite and Alloy armor covering up Cloned Flesh. They also have Machines, but they are so rare and weak that you generally don't care about them. To combat Ferrite, you can use Toxic or Corrosive, and to combat Alloy, you use Radiation or Cold, then for Cloned Flesh, you use Viral or Heat. Usually, Radiation + Viral is the combination to choose since the Grineer units that carry Alloy armor start with much higher values than anything else, which makes them a priority.

For Infested: The small ones are weak to Heat, while the Ancients and other heavy units are weak to Corrosive and Blast. A simple combination is Corrosive + Heat to take advantage of the bonus towards light units without doubling up versus the heavies, but either that or Corrosive + Blast work.

In the Void, you face units from all 3 factions, making you choose which elements would be best to face them all and have the least drawbacks. So Corrosive + Heat or Corrosive + Cold are generally good choices, as Corrosive damage has almost no weakness in the game at all. Cold is generally better, since it offers bonus damage versus both Shields and Alloy armor carried by Corrupted Bombards.

With 4x Corrosive Projection in the Void, you can forget about the Grineer Ferrite and Alloy armor, which is what actually makes them tough, and focus on their Cloned Flesh. Viral + Heat do the most damage, and does not suffer many penalties versus Shields, Fossilized, or Robotic.

I would suggest using your weapon's mod configurations (A, B, and C) for loadouts versus specific factions to make switching a lot easier.

Edited by Moasiac

Grineer: radiation (viral if 4xCP)

Corpus: Magnetic + poison

Void: T1+2 Corrosive (viral if 4xCP)

Void: T3+4 Radiation (viral if 4xCP)

Infested: blast if high status weapon, corrosive overal, electric+gas on amprex.

PVP: Magnetic+poison (pure poison if base damage is poison, ex: paracyst/Acrid)

Edit: I personally don't use alot of bane mods except when I really don't know what else to put there...

Edit2:

-You use corrosive on infested because the fossilised guys, like the ancents take +75%damage, and are the hardest enemies ingame.

-For your torid build, I'd recomend putting electric+gas when you want to keep them on 1 place, with the stun and the gas to deal more dmg. Or putting blast and corrosive for the same reason. Or go with a full gas build when your playing ODD/a vortex in ODS although with that, you'll need another weapon to kill the toxic ancients, becaus i don't think they take dmg from gas...

Edited by dummifighter

Seems about right.

If you're only fighting one faction, Bane mods add a lot of damage, often more than a single element.

When planning your elements, you want to figure out what you're fighting first.

For Corpus: They are mostly Shields and Flesh, but also a good deal of Robotic. So, to mod for their weaknesses, Magnetic (very good versus shields) and Toxin (bypasses shields entirely with a bonus vs flesh) are generally good choices. While Toxin does reduced damage versus robotics, Magnetic has no real weakness versus the Corpus. You can also use Radiation + Viral versus Corpus as their Shields are relatively weak and take full damage from both elements, with this combination mostly focusing on what's underneath Corpus Shields (also useful with Shield Disruption Aura).

For Grineer: They have heavy Ferrite and Alloy armor covering up Cloned Flesh. They also have Machines, but they are so rare and weak that you generally don't care about them. To combat Ferrite, you can use Toxic or Corrosive, and to combat Alloy, you use Radiation or Cold, then for Cloned Flesh, you use Viral or Heat. Usually, Radiation + Viral is the combination to choose since the Grineer units that carry Alloy armor start with much higher values than anything else, which makes them a priority.

For Infested: The small ones are weak to Heat, while the Ancients and other heavy units are weak to Corrosive and Blast. A simple combination is Corrosive + Heat to take advantage of the bonus towards light units without doubling up versus the heavies, but either that or Corrosive + Blast work.

In the Void, you face units from all 3 factions, making you choose which elements would be best to face them all and have the least drawbacks. So Corrosive + Heat or Corrosive + Cold are generally good choices, as Corrosive damage has almost no weakness in the game at all. Cold is generally better, since it offers bonus damage versus both Shields and Alloy armor carried by Corrupted Bombards.

With 4x Corrosive Projection in the Void, you can forget about the Grineer Ferrite and Alloy armor, which is what actually makes them tough, and focus on their Cloned Flesh. Viral + Heat do the most damage, and does not suffer many penalties versus Shields, Fossilized, or Robotic.

I would suggest using your weapon's mod configurations (A, B, and C) for loadouts versus specific factions to make switching a lot easier.

So something like this for Void 4x CC (Put shred because of the chart said punch through)

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200002_128-4-3-132-2-5-134-7-5-137-0-10-150-1-10-163-5-3-329-6-3-355-3-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-355-7-128-7-163-9-329-7-134-6/en/2-0-39/

Something like this for Void with out 4x CC (Put shred because of the chart said punch through, also would have gone cold, but easier to forma for heat as that works with with all three builds)

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200002_128-3-3-132-2-5-134-7-5-137-0-10-150-1-10-163-5-3-265-4-3-329-6-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-128-7-265-7-163-9-329-7-134-6/en/2-0-39/

and for ODD/ODS use something like this?

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200002_128-3-3-132-2-5-137-0-10-139-7-5-150-1-10-265-4-3-329-5-3-355-6-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-128-7-265-7-329-7-355-7-139-5/en/2-0-39/

is that what you are saying?

Edited by mrwald0

So something like this for Void 4x CC (Put shred because of the chart said punch through)

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200002_128-4-3-132-2-5-134-7-5-137-0-10-150-1-10-163-5-3-329-6-3-355-3-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-355-7-128-7-163-9-329-7-134-6/en/2-0-39/

Something like this for Void with out 4x CC (Put shred because of the chart said punch through)

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200002_128-3-3-132-2-5-134-7-5-137-0-10-150-1-10-163-5-3-265-4-3-329-6-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-128-7-265-7-163-9-329-7-134-6/en/2-0-39/

and for ODD/ODS use something like this?

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200002_128-3-3-132-2-5-137-0-10-139-7-5-150-1-10-265-4-3-329-5-3-355-6-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-128-7-265-7-329-7-355-7-139-5/en/2-0-39/

is that what you are saying?

Punch through means Projectile/bullet will pierce wall/enemy. In case of Torid you dont need it at all so it is a waste there. If you want fire rate then you could use Speed Trigger to get more fire rate or Vile Acceleration.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200002_128-4-3-132-2-5-137-0-10-140-7-5-149-6-5-150-1-10-159-3-5-329-5-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-159-9-128-7-329-7-149-9-140-5/en/2-0-39/0 Build like this. As you can see in final stats your Burst DPS will rise by 17k while total and sustained by 5-7k. I did nto pay attention to elements there so you can choose elements you want. This build grants you high status chance along with some nice crit bursts of DoT.

I hope this will help. Also side not. Even if enemy does not have armor but is weak vs corrosive, corrosive will be better dmg type. Viral is great in late game because of its proc but its dmg is reduced by armor so -armor auras and abilities are welcome. 

Edited by Zarlockk

For the infested I usually run a corrosive and electric for the stun lock and CC but you can swap the electric with a bane or heat.

For Grineer I just go with radiation and corrosive the corrosive isn't fully ranked but if you forma and add a catalyst you should be able to fit it in and Mirage is preferred as her prism does radiation damage also you can swap corrosive or radiation with viral.

The corpus is pretty easy when you get mag prime and the Boar Prime,Gammacor,Serro.Mag p=obviousness,Swag factor.Gammacor/Synoid=magnetic.Boar P= Crazy Slash procs and Impact damage Serro=Magnetic or just CC. This is just my Opinion may be good may not be.

Edited by (PS4)Mosslauncher

Punch through means Projectile/bullet will pierce wall/enemy. In case of Torid you dont need it at all so it is a waste there. If you want fire rate then you could use Speed Trigger to get more fire rate or Vile Acceleration.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200002_128-4-3-132-2-5-137-0-10-140-7-5-149-6-5-150-1-10-159-3-5-329-5-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-159-9-128-7-329-7-149-9-140-5/en/2-0-39/0 Build like this. As you can see in final stats your Burst DPS will rise by 17k while total and sustained by 5-7k. I did nto pay attention to elements there so you can choose elements you want. This build grants you high status chance along with some nice crit bursts of DoT.

I hope this will help. Also side not. Even if enemy does not have armor but is weak vs corrosive, corrosive will be better dmg type. Viral is great in late game because of its proc but its dmg is reduced by armor so -armor auras and abilities are welcome. 

Is it worth going crit over status with the Torid? I thought it was a status weapon? Swapping out Shred for Speed Trigger added about 4k dam and 5k dps to the burst using the status build that i first linked, is that good or is it just better to use crit build with 2 elements over the 4?

Did the ODD/ODS build look okay, or should i swap out it out with Corrosive + Heat then add the speed trigger to bring the damage to burst 27k, sustained 13k? It's worth keeping Bane of Infested on the ODD/ODS build?

Edited by mrwald0

Is it worth going crit over status with the Torid? I thought it was a status weapon? Swapping out Shred for Speed Trigger added about 4k dam and 5k dps to the burst using the status build that i first linked, is that good or is it just better to use crit build with 2 elements over the 4?

Did the ODD/ODS build look okay, or should i swap out it out with Corrosive + Heat then add the speed trigger to bring the damage to burst 27k, sustained 13k? It's worth keeping Bane of Infested on the ODD/ODS build?

The bane is really useful 30% extra think about it. I wouldn't do the crit torid though

With 2 elemental mods you got 66% status which is enough especially when it is DoT weapon.44% Crit is also nice on DoT weapon. Just play around and find what you think is best for you. 

For example when I use Opticor or Paris Prime I am fine with 2 elemental mods and rest base dmg/crit mods and fire rate mod.

EDIT: Regarding question on ODD/ODS. When i go on infested maps i go full corrosive not other elements. Blast procs are nice but sometimes bursting that specific group or enemy is better. AS i said, Status or crit build or even just raw dmg its your choice. Play around with 3 various builds and see what suits your needs more. In my opinion if weapon has 60% or more status and you want to put more elementals you can put the ones that do more dmg rather than dual stat ones. And beauty of Torid in this regards is that though it is 66% chance it is 66% chance on every dmg proc it does so the chance that you get multiple procs with single shot are very high.

Edited by Zarlockk

If you're building Torid, I think it'd work perfectly fine ignoring crit mods. You're also better off completely ignoring fire rate mods since shooting faster isn't that great for Torid's poor ammo pool. Torid is also fine for proc'ing status effects on its own as long as the enemy remains in the cloud, so you don't need to use the event mods really (not that Infested really need to be proc'd in the first place).

Also yes, punch-thru is practically useless on Torid since it releases a gas cloud that punches through everything. Punch-thru is typically only useful for Defense missions where enemies like to line up in rows.

I would suggest something like this:

http://goo.gl/YYVum2

Pure damage for the Infested.

Note that when you are using the builder, things like Burst DPS are practically meaningless in most situations. What is really important is damage per shot over anything else (moreso for Torid and launcher-type weapons). Play with your builds in-game too, since a spreadsheet can only give you numbers instead of practical data.

EDIT:

I also forgot to note that you can also swap out Cryo Rounds for Firestorm in the build I just posted. It will give your Torid's cloud bigger reach, allowing it to hit more enemies. If you're using a Vauban's Vortex though, you may not need the extra range with them all stuck in a ball.

Edited by Moasiac

I would suggest something like this:

http://goo.gl/YYVum2

That has a pretty low status chance, doesn't that mean it wouldn't use the elementals very often? That would also be a lot harder to forma for with 3 builds, if you ever wanna go for a pure status build you would be stuck with the wrong polarities.

That has a pretty low status chance, doesn't that mean it wouldn't use the elementals very often? That would also be a lot harder to forma for with 3 builds, if you ever wanna go for a pure status build you would be stuck with the wrong polarities.

The thing is that the damage ticks are so fast and often that 30% is plenty of status chance. One Torid gas grenade lasts something like 10 seconds, so anything that's stuck in there will either just plain die or take heavy damage with the occasional proc. Full status builds are not that great due to how damage is set up for them.

Status chance is only relevant to the element's proc effect. It always does the elemental damage regardless if it procs- procs are basically just a bonus.

Edited by Moasiac

The thing is that the damage ticks are so fast and often that 30% is plenty of status chance. One Torid gas grenade lasts something like 10 seconds, so anything that's stuck in there will either just plain die or take heavy damage with the occasional proc. Full status builds are not that great due to how damage is set up for them.

Status chance is only relevant to the element's proc effect. It always does the elemental damage regardless if it procs- procs are basically just a bonus.

Doesn't status builds work better for late game though?

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200003_128-3-3-132-2-5-133-7-5-137-0-10-139-6-5-150-1-10-265-4-3-329-5-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-128-7-265-7-329-7-139-9-133-6/en/2-0-39/

and then this for T4D/S

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200003_128-3-3-132-2-5-133-7-5-137-0-10-150-1-10-163-5-3-265-4-3-329-6-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-128-7-265-7-163-9-329-7-133-6/en/2-0-39/

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200003_128-4-3-132-2-5-133-7-5-137-0-10-150-1-10-163-5-3-329-6-3-355-3-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-355-7-128-7-163-9-329-7-133-6/en/2-0-39/

This is what i was thinking about going with, it's 3k less sustained DPS than yours, but wouldn't the high status allow for more DPS late game when the things are stuck in the vortex for longer? I'm trying to get a build that will allow me to deal with wave 40+ easier on every T4D/S ODD/S and everyone was telling me that it is better to build status for that.

So is it better to just forget about status builds and just go with pure elemental damage?

Edited by mrwald0

Doesn't status builds work better for late game though?

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200003_128-3-3-132-2-5-133-7-5-137-0-10-139-6-5-150-1-10-265-4-3-329-5-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-128-7-265-7-329-7-139-9-133-6/en/2-0-39/

and then this for T4D/S

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200003_128-3-3-132-2-5-133-7-5-137-0-10-150-1-10-163-5-3-265-4-3-329-6-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-128-7-265-7-163-9-329-7-133-6/en/2-0-39/

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22200003_128-4-3-132-2-5-133-7-5-137-0-10-150-1-10-163-5-3-329-6-3-355-3-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-355-7-128-7-163-9-329-7-133-6/en/2-0-39/

This is what i was thinking about going with, it's 3k less sustained DPS than yours, but wouldn't the high status allow for more DPS late game when the things are stuck in the vortex for longer? I'm trying to get a build that will allow me to deal with wave 40+ easier on every T4D/S ODD/S and everyone was telling me that it is better to build status for that.

So is it better to just forget about status builds and just go with pure elemental damage?

You should only really be using Torid when enemies are stuck in Vortex since they are forced to take full damage, but even with full status, Viral is the only element that you need to proc. Though even then, you only need to proc it once to do what it needs to do. Viral doesn't stack, so more Viral procs aren't really any better on an enemy. Status may matter more on other weapons, but even an unmodded Torid has pretty good status chance.

Edited by Moasiac

Viral doesn't stack, so more Viral procs aren't really any better on an enemy.

If Viral doesn't stack does that mean it's pointless to use like two toxin mods on the same weapon to try and raise the viral damage in the builder or does it mean something else?

So it's pretty much pointless and a waste of space to build status with the Torid and better to forma it two more times and go full elemental damage

How would you build it for the void since you wouldn't be using the bane and most likely the blast?

If Viral doesn't stack does that mean it's pointless to use like two toxin mods on the same weapon to try and raise the viral damage in the builder or does it mean something else?

So it's pretty much pointless and a waste of space to build status with the Torid and better to forma it two more times and go full elemental damage

How would you build it for the void since you wouldn't be using the bane and most likely the blast?

The elemental damage is just damage, it just adds more damage to your weapon and is unrelated to procs.

For Void (with 4x CP), I would just build for Viral + Heat, so either fill in the space with a event element/status mods, Firestorm, Vital Sense, or Point Strike. Though if you aren't using 4x CP, you should could just build Corrosive + Heat or Corrosive + Cold as per most other builds, since Blast damage is penalized versus Grineer Void Heavies.

Edited by Moasiac

The elemental damage is just damage, it just adds more damage to your weapon and is unrelated to procs.

For Void (with 4x CP), I would just build for Viral + Heat, so either fill in the space with a event element/status mods, Firestorm, Vital Sense, or Point Strike. Though if you aren't using 4x CP, you should could just build Corrosive + Heat or Corrosive + Cold as per most other builds, since Blast damage is penalized versus Grineer Void Heavies.

You said to ignore Crit mods for the torid in one of your other replies, so just went with dual stat. I seem to be right back were i was though, just have like 1k extra DPS from the other builds i posted before.

So something like this with out the 4x CP

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22233002_128-5-3-132-2-5-133-3-5-137-0-10-138-6-5-141-4-5-150-1-10-163-7-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-133-6-141-6-128-7-138-11-163-5/en/2-0-39/

Something like this if you have 4x CP (hardest to fit into the other two, because of the dumb Cryo Rounds polarity)

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22230032_128-5-3-131-4-5-132-2-5-133-3-5-137-0-10-138-6-5-150-1-10-355-7-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-133-6-131-9-128-7-138-6-355-4/en/2-0-39/

It doesn't seem like that big of an improvement, would it maybe be worth to get rid of one of the 2x elementals and go with like Bane of Grineer for Heavies and bombs in late waves or is that pointless? It does add like 4k dps to both void builds.

I could go with the crit mods, but you was just going by what your first post said by saying not to use them with torid, if i did use them it would look like this

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22230032_131-4-5-132-2-5-133-3-5-137-0-10-138-6-5-140-7-5-150-1-10-159-5-5_137-7-150-8-132-8-133-6-131-9-159-9-138-6-140-5/en/2-0-39/

Edited by mrwald0

KISS

Crit for damage

Status for (obviously) status

Whether you prefer damage or status is gonna depend on what you're doing with the weapon. Generally,  a higher status is good when equipping mods that stun or snare, to keep enemies inside the AoE for longer. This means when using Blast, Cold, Elec, etc, you're going to want a higher status. When you're using an ability like Vortex to keep enemies pinned, you can build purely for damage, and status becomes less important. Generally this is when you'd use crit mods and 90% elementals.

Bane of Grineer will not add damage to attacks against Corrupted Bombards and Gunners, they are considered Corrupted faction and are not effected by Bane of Grineer mods.

Edit: Elec procs in a Vortex build do a surprising amount of damage, because they scale with the number of nearby enemies. I'd prefer that over adding Fire to a Vortex setup. I also don't like to use HCal on non-Vortex setups as it messes with the accuracy too much, imo.

Edited by Darzk

KISS

Crit for damage

Status for (obviously) status

Whether you prefer damage or status is gonna depend on what you're doing with the weapon. Generally,  a higher status is good when equipping mods that stun or snare, to keep enemies inside the AoE for longer. This means when using Blast, Cold, Elec, etc, you're going to want a higher status. When you're using an ability like Vortex to keep enemies pinned, you can build purely for damage, and status becomes less important. Generally this is when you'd use crit mods and 90% elementals.

Bane of Grineer will not add damage to attacks against Corrupted Bombards and Gunners, they are considered Corrupted faction and are not effected by Bane of Grineer mods.

Edit: Elec procs in a Vortex build do a surprising amount of damage, because they scale with the number of nearby enemies. I'd prefer that over adding Fire to a Vortex setup. I also don't like to use HCal on non-Vortex setups as it messes with the accuracy too much, imo.

Well since it's vortex focused and crit works better with that how do these look?

ODS/ODD Build:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22230032_132-2-5-133-3-5-137-0-10-139-7-5-140-4-5-141-6-5-150-1-10-159-5-5_137-7-150-8-132-8-133-6-140-9-159-9-141-6-139-5/en/2-0-39/

Void 4X CP Build (You said Elec Procs, so wasn't really sure if i should switch this with Corrosive for the elec proc or leave it viral):

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22230032_131-4-5-132-2-5-133-3-5-137-0-10-138-6-5-140-7-5-150-1-10-159-5-5_137-7-150-8-132-8-133-6-131-9-159-9-138-6-140-5/en/2-0-39/

Normal Void Build (Randoms):

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22230032_132-2-5-133-3-5-137-0-10-138-6-5-140-7-5-141-4-5-150-1-10-159-5-5_137-7-150-8-132-8-133-6-141-11-159-9-138-6-140-5/en/2-0-39/

How does that look? I'm still a little confused by what "Procs" actually means, not not sure if you were saying to replace Hellfire with storm or to replace viral with corrosive, magnetic or radiation.

Assuming those are all Vortex builds, they're pretty close; I'd just drop the Fire mod:

I'd replace the Hellfire on the 4xCP Void build with Stormbringer or Mal Force / Rime Rounds; The fire is just diluting the proc pool and not really adding much damage over either of those options. Stormbringer would give you Elec procs, which makes up for the slight damage loss against Grineer, and MF/RR would give you a lot more Viral procs which is more beneficial than a bit more direct damage (and it saves a forma, lol).

When not using 4x CP, you'll want to replace the 90% Fire with 90% Cold - the Cold damage helps a lot against the Alloy armor of Bombards, while the Fire only adds a tiny bit of damage against Gunners, which the Corrosive is already effective against.

ODS/D build looks great.

Assuming those are all Vortex builds, they're pretty close; I'd just drop the Fire mod:

When not using 4x CP, you'll want to replace the 90% Fire with 90% Cold - the Cold damage helps a lot against the Alloy armor of Bombards, while the Fire only adds a tiny bit of damage against Gunners, which the Corrosive is already effective against.

Yeah, they are all Vortex builds, don't plan on using my Torid on anything besides my Vauban. (Unless there is another Vauban and he is planning on camping)

I'm not really to worried about formas, have about 70 blueprints so won't be running out of them. I would still need the extra forma for the ODS/ODD build anyway.

So, i'll just switch out hellfire with cryo and storm on the two void builds. I would like the extra procs, but would have to redo the other builds then.

Edited by mrwald0

So, i'll just switch out hellfire with cryo and storm on the two void builds. I would like the extra procs, but would have to redo the other builds then.

If you haven't already applied the Forma, swapping one of the -'s for another V's would fit both setups. Would probably come in handy if you ever decide to build for pure procs too. 

If you haven't already applied the Forma, swapping one of the -'s for another V's would fit both setups. Would probably come in handy if you ever decide to build for pure procs too. 

You mean like this?

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Torid/t_30_22222000_128-5-3-132-2-5-137-0-10-140-3-5-141-6-5-150-1-10-159-4-5-355-7-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-140-5-159-5-128-7-141-11-355-7/en/2-0-39/