Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Updates.

Drakontis

So, I've been playing the game for a little over 2 weeks by now and I find Lotus to be a very handy announcer. But it got me thinking that the game could do more, especially with mission updates. My idea, is that during certain missions, there will be special updates that will alter the game slightly. I have a few examples. 

Extermination: Reinforcements. 

Bad news Tenno, a Grineer Drop Ship has docked and inserted reinforcements. Take them out. 

When the troop count of the Grineer (or other faction) drops to 10 or lower, there's a chance that reinforcements will be delivered, between 20 and 50 additional troops with at least one heavy troop included. These troops may also go hunting for the Tenno aboard the ship. There could even be two groups of troops brought in, one on either side of the Tenno in a pincer formation. 

Rescue: Double Agent. 

Watch out, Tenno! That hostage is a double agent! Exterminate him/her. 

Within 2 - 3 tiles of the evac point, the Hostage (or maybe even Hostages) will suddenly let out a bright light and transform into an enemy, possibly a Grineer heavy or some other type of large unit. It could even be a rogue Tenno agent, similar to the Stalker. 

Mobile Defense: Recalculating

Unfortunate news, Tenno, this is taking longer than I expected. / Bad news, Tenno, friendly dropship is taking heavy fire. Continue to defend. 

Sometime during a defense sequence, Lotus will say one of the two lines depending on what you're defending. If it's a computer system, she'll give you the "Taking longer than I expected" line or one similar to it. She already has a line for this, but it has no use, or she'll give you the drop ship line. If one of these happens, the time on the clock will increase by 30 seconds to a minute or more. 

Spy: Additional Data Required

Tenno, we require additional data from this outpost. Please grab these for our cause.

After the final Data Mass is acquired, you will have to grab 1 or 2 more data masses for the Tenno. Shouldn't be too hard, should it?

These are the best examples I could think of. The reasoning behind these is that battlefields are ever changing and adding in these, would give us a more advanced game play and make things more challenging. These would be more likely to happen at the outer rim, the more challenging maps, such as Pluto, Eris and others in that area. 

I do not know for sure, but it seems many people, and I for one am annoyed at mission updates. They are far too common, and all they really do is prolong a mission. Without additional reward it is more of a chore than a boon. If they added more rewards for Mission Updates, these are not bad ideas.

Edited by liavalenth

I'm in agreement that mission updates such as these should give a bit more reward. And technically, in a way, they already do since you get more EXP out of doing them. I just thought that these would be nifty to add in with the system.