The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Kraken Fans Out There?

MarcusGraves

never see anyone talk about it, hands down my favorite pistol and i have no trouble hitting long range targets with it since im used to burst weapons. I have % dmg, fire rate, multi shot, armor pierce, mag capacity, reload speed and a freeze mod in it to smash through shields. curious what other people put in it, mine is a little death dealer atm.

Yes kraken is definitely the best pistol in the game, as it packs damage, acurracy and a good rate of fire! I use fire,elec, ice, multishot, reload speed, hornet strike and armor piercing for max killspeed, even lvl 50 grineer are no problem!  Dont know why most people prefer lex, its lame and very ineffective for dps and multiple targets!

The Kraken indeed lives up to its beastly name, I have mine at rank 27 and supercharged, with +100% multishot, +100% damage, max armor pierce, near-max firing rate and reload speed, plus freeze and electric damage. I can even solo bosses with it.

One of the coolest things about it is killing two enemies with one trigger pull, making the two shots land on separate targets.

I thought meant kraken the razer headset.

lol

lol

Yes kraken is definitely the best pistol in the game, as it packs damage, acurracy and a good rate of fire! I use fire,elec, ice, multishot, reload speed, hornet strike and armor piercing for max killspeed, even lvl 50 grineer are no problem!  Dont know why most people prefer lex, its lame and very ineffective for dps and multiple targets!

i also love the heavy thud sound it makes just sounds powerful. i have the slip mag at rank 4 to get two more trigger pulls out of it before having to reload and reload speed at 24% still playing around with it see what i like. multi shot is hilarious on it firing out 4 bullets in one trigger pull just pours out damage.

One of the few weapons in the game that have satisfying sound to go match the punches. Not much to complain about the kraken, unless one isn't too good with burst fire weapons.

Which there are apparently, given the "Let's change the way recoil works!" (not the right name but close to the body of the suggestion) topic which was here before.

Edited by matrixEXO

I recently built a Kraken on a whim, just to have another weapon to level up for the mastery, and was surprised to find that I really like it. It sounds beefy when shot and actually looks a gun that could hurt somebody, which is something I dislike the Lex for.

I got it to 10, realized, "Hey, this is a neat gun", and bam, instant potato.

I love this thing, it's one of the best sidearms in the game.

I keep it right next to my Akbolto and Lex.

I use Akbolto for DPS

Lex for sniping (if i need to conserve ammo)

Kraken for sniping without worrying too much about aiming. (it fires 2x 45dmg shots which is higher dmg than the lex. + i have 100% multishot and 100% damage, go figure)

Kraken requires little skill to use efficiently since it bursts out so much damage (especially if you have multishot) but it's price is that it does it at twice the ammo cost of the lex, and if you want to go all into cute tricks then it's good to learn to aim so that the second shot will go into your opponents head, also at a distance you may want to aim at the toes rather than the chest.

Edited by rabcor

I really really wanted to like the Kraken because it's something 'different'. I stuck with it longer than others I didn't like, but it just didn't fit my style.

I was born for the Akbolto and Aklato

Edited by Qb3rt