Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards

TennoSkoom

So tired of worthless ammo boxes at 3rd tier. I'd love to see a 4th tier that starts at a month and has the following rewards

credits

affinity/xp

catalysts

reactors

basically worthwhile drops instead of the billions of ammo boxes i'll never need or use and can't sell. of course catalysts and reactors would have a lower chance but still better than they are now as you're pretty much guarenteed an ammo box or large health restore at 7 days+ (3rd tier)

Some bosses take 8 ammo boxes worth of bullets to kill. At least according to some players.

only if they're not actually ready to take on that boss be it due to poor modding choices, poor weapon choices, low levels, or bad strategies. There's not a single boss in the game that can't be solo'd without running out of ammo- playing with a team only makes it die faster with less individual ammo consumption. I'd be happy to record a solo run of any boss and post to prove this point if requested.

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

yes sir, while there isn't a fourth tier, the third tier encompasses what you are suggesting here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Login_Reward

Your own argument is invalid. Please look at the last line under tier 3 - "Assorted ammo boxes or consumables" This is the line that many players that login regularly wish to see removed from the tier 3 list or make a tier 4 list that doesn't include it because those items are useless to those players.  I personally have only ever used 1 ammo box, a pistol one while I was leveling up my dual vipers.  Other than that I have never once run into a situation where I genuinely needed to use an ammo box without being on wave 30+ out on Pluto defense missions. I completely agree with the OP on this point, I have only gotten something other than an ammo box once in the last week and a half.

oh god, ammo boxes, how I loathe them.  The only possible use for them is very extended runs of defense, potentially, and even that's not really a problem, and yet they probably consist of half of my daily rewards.  I don't even care if I never get a reactor, I'd be fine with trivial exp or cash.  At least I get more use than boxes, which I have never used ever.

I wouldn't mind if the Ammo boxes/health packs were given in larger quantities (3x or 5x at the 3rd tier) and could be sold (for something more substantial than, say... 300cr)

If that's asking for too much, then +1 to OP for removing them entirely from T3... Reactors/Catalysts NEED higher drop rates, because to some extent, for the majority of the game, Supercharged frames/weapons are the only way to experience Tenno at their apex... 

As far as I'm concerned, with next to nothing drop rates on catalyst/reactor BP's (we have to MANUFACTURE them too), this game is leaning towards Pay-2-Win... 

*Bracing self for lashback*

As far as I'm concerned, with next to nothing drop rates on catalyst/reactor BP's (we have to MANUFACTURE them too), this game is leaning towards Pay-2-Win... 

I do not necessarily agree, as I have gotten 2 reactors and 1 catalyst in the last 2 weeks, I do see your point. I agree potatoes should be easier to get, as all they do is allow access to higher level things. However, as that they are obtainable in game, it is not technically P2W (off on a technicality again). However these types of technicalities seem to be adding up.

Edited by liavalenth

Moreover you can engage high level content with a "vanilla" level 30 weapon and warframe (you still need to put the right mods for the job)
So, no, you can "win" without paying.

EDIT: about rewards : if after a month you had better chances to get potatoes, then after 2 or 3 months players would have enough of them to put them on all their weapons/frames. I don't think that's something good for the devs.

But I agree that "ammo" is useless at the moment. I'd like them to be replaced with rare mats (command module, neurodes, orokin cell, etc.)

Edited by vieuxchat

Moreover you can engage high level content with a "vanilla" level 30 weapon and warframe (you still need to put the right mods for the job)

So, no, you can "win" without paying.

Can you engage the highest levels of play without patatoes? Do you have a chance at wave 40-50 in defense missions? I would like someone to test this.

So tired of worthless ammo boxes at 3rd tier. I'd love to see a 4th tier that starts at a month and has the following rewards

credits

affinity/xp

catalysts

reactors

basically worthwhile drops instead of the billions of ammo boxes i'll never need or use and can't sell. of course catalysts and reactors would have a lower chance but still better than they are now as you're pretty much guaranteed an ammo box or large health restore at 7 days+ (3rd tier)

I agree entirely even though I have nearly NO use for affinity at the moment. We definitely need a 4th tier we have so many players that are modded and equipped to the point that ammo boxes and such are useless. The one in mission item that may be reasonable on 4th tier would be team heal.

I know i would use those as I spend so much of my time now doing mercury and shepparding new players into this game that those would still be useful.

Maybe add helmet prints to the drop on 4th tier as well.

Potatoes are supposed to be an extremely rare treat from daily login reward. This is because they are easily the biggest moneymaker on the platinum market, and DE would be foolish to break their bread-and-butter-best-seller by essentially handing them out for free every day just for logging in for a month.

the problem is value.

i do not value ammo boxes i would much rather get the cash for the boxes then the boxes themselves. (or double yknow) 

give me stuff i can assign some sort of good value or usefulness.

yes i use ammo boxes. do i use enough to warrant getting a random box in the roulette NO

i dont have a good solution or even a solution but i dont like dice rolls

I don't mean this toooo flippantly but...who cares?

If they had never been included this would be a non-issue.  I know it is an industry standard to encourage you to log in, but really...I enjoy the "YESSS another useless health pack" moment.  Don't stress about it.  You could have them taken away altogether.  Then you would complain that you weren't getting anything for your loyalty.

I haven't had a single tater.  I am not going to cry about it though.

I wouldn't mind if the Ammo boxes/health packs were given in larger quantities (3x or 5x at the 3rd tier) and could be sold (for something more substantial than, say... 300cr)

If that's asking for too much, then +1 to OP for removing them entirely from T3... Reactors/Catalysts NEED higher drop rates, because to some extent, for the majority of the game, Supercharged frames/weapons are the only way to experience Tenno at their apex... 

And making it easier to actually use consumables, give the player hotkey slots or something. The way they work now it's like they're designed to be used in a turn-based game.

Can you engage the highest levels of play without patatoes? Do you have a chance at wave 40-50 in defense missions? I would like someone to test this.

Highest levels of play, yes, even if it won't be easy (you'll have to cleverly use your skills and fight as a team). You need to put the right mods before the fight (fire damage if you'll fight infested for instance) and choose the right weapons. You can go even with Pick Up Groups (if the other have also the right tool for the right job).

So I would say you "can" but it isn't something easy.

One thing to note : when I speak about "mods" I don't speak of them at max. For instance serration cost too much to be at level max. But you need to have them with at least level 4 or 5 to be really effective.

Higher levels of defense mission need a good group, with or without potatoes. It's more the team play that will make the difference. I lost at wave 19 with a level 30 potatoed and weapons at level 30 potatoed (on a simple defense mission as the first infested defense mission... and I was with Ember -__-) because teamplay wasn't good.

At the very least, the person who made this post. And everyone who pressed the +1 button.

That is because lots of people don't want to spend any real money.

I mean no disrespect by saying that, but suggesting that we get "free stuff" more often is ALWAYS going to be popular.

So whilst I disagree with the OP, I think I made my point in a non-aggressive way.  If you don't agree then that's fine.

It was merely my opinion.

So I would say you "can" but it isn't something easy.

I do not know if you can. It seems like it might be possible, but I wouldlike to see some testing of that. To test you would have to make sure you get a full group of four with no potatoes in them, otherwise it does not show if it is possible without potatoes. We do not have definitive proof either way.

I mean no disrespect by saying that, but suggesting that we get "free stuff" more often is ALWAYS going to be popular.

So whilst I disagree with the OP, I think I made my point in a non-aggressive way.  If you don't agree then that's fine.

I understand your opinion, and I see your point. However, you asked 'who cares', and the answer is at least a few people care or this would not have come up. I have a problem with dismissing the opinion because 'who cares', I did not address the rest of your comment because you had good points that I do not have an argument against.