Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards

TennoSkoom

Can't quote-traverse pages- but... I'd like to address a few things here.

I agree that the ability to sell ammo boxes would make them less wasteful as a login reward, though i still think the consumables drop far too frequently in comparison to the other items at tier 3- which is why I'm suggesting a fourth tier.

In response to someone's comment that i'd have a hissy-fit if login rewards were removed- At this point if login rewards were removed I wouldn't much care because I get nothing useful from them anyway (which is the whole point of this topic!)

Someone mentioned team heal consumables- while i generally don't use them- You make a good point an i can see how they would perhaps be the one useful consumable drop.

Someone mentioned the utility of ammo-boxes on long-run defenses (not that i consider 20 waves a long-run personally) I don't have ammo problems at 35+ on defenses as I manage my ammo carefully when doing long-run defenses, this- like shield and health management is something that comes from experience(and good choices on weapons, as a boltor will run out of ammo faster than a latron, and akboltos will run out faster than a lex etc.. should you be running with two slow-fire weapons like latron and lex? probably not, that's where decision making comes into play- but that's off-topic)- newer players will not be as adept at it or as well equipped as older players, that's fine- and to be expected. Login rewards such as ammo-boxes are generally useless for most well-equipped and experienced players that have developed resource management skills to do long defense runs or hard-levelling on pluto. I generally don't even put vitality or redirection on a new frame until it's level 25+ or potato'd early(and rarely does that ever happen) this is a skill that is learned and not something newer players who are only on their first two or even three frames are likely to have fully developed. The point here isn't bragging- so please don't take this the wrong way- the point is login rewards seem to be geared more towards the newer players who haven't gotten that far into the progression yet. That's great- it helps them, but not those of us much further along- which is why the suggested tier 4 starts at a month of daily logins and not two weeks. This would preserve the benefits for newer players that the current teir 3 offers while offering slightly better rewards for older players that have all their frames max'd and are focusing more on mastery by levelling weapons and potatoing frames.

Assuming a tier-4 would be considered- perhaps the following drop-rates would be a decent base-line.

5%   orokin reactor bp          (still the rarest of chances)

5%   orokin catalyst bp         (second verse same as the first)

10% random warframe bp    (even if you have all the frames these can at least be sold for credits)

15% team heal consumable (no ammo boxes.. or large health restores at all-what-so-ever)

15% weapon XP                   (it takes a long time to max level all of your weapons, this will still be useful for most)

15% credits                          (more money never hurts- especially if it can be used for dojo stuff in u8)

15% warframe xp                  (useless for those who have all of their frames maxed, but even so- it'll be useful for those who don't)

20% random mod                 (mods are a dime-a-dozen, while one more isn't going to make a big difference they're at least useful to some extent)

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

I love the idea that the last tier gives credits, but not ammo boxes.

I quite like ammo boxes

In fact, the only change I'd make to the whole thing would be to let us sell ammo boxes.

As it stands, the login system is, in my opinion, fine.

I've had both a catalyst and a reactor blueprint from mine, so maybe I'm unusually lucky.

Perhaps change it such that once you reach the 7 day mark, you get something fairly good, say 10k affinity or a weapon/cosmetic/orokin blueprint or a few thousand credits, then it resets to day one.

Sitting at the 7 day mark getting amazing stuff everyday is just dumb.

I love the idea that the last tier gives credits, but not ammo boxes.

I quite like ammo boxes

In fact, the only change I'd make to the whole thing would be to let us sell ammo boxes.

As it stands, the login system is, in my opinion, fine.

I've had both a catalyst and a reactor blueprint from mine, so maybe I'm unusually lucky.

Perhaps change it such that once you reach the 7 day mark, you get something fairly good, say 10k affinity or a weapon/cosmetic/orokin blueprint or a few thousand credits, then it resets to day one.

Sitting at the 7 day mark getting amazing stuff everyday is just dumb.

No offense intended- but- please hold your feedback until you've played for at least 7 days and can then express an opinion about something you've actually experienced- as according to your profile you only started playing 6 days ago. =)

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

Welp, after playing and logging on for about 4 weeks daily...all i get are ammo boxes with a "large" health pack thrown in sometimes for good measures

All them ammo boxes...thousands of them..i could supply an entire army with all that ammo..

Edited by D3thpool

My tenno uses those ammo boxes to sleep and meditate on. He also has taken up wood and metal sculpture as a hobby since he wasnt using those boxes to begin with, to express himself between missions. When he's feeling playful, he makes little forts and pew pews imaginary infested. Other than that, he has no use for the login rewards he's been getting.

I like the idea of getting a better reward on day 7 after which the counter can reset back to day one. 

Personally, I've gotten a lot of ammo boxes and a few health items as well. I've also got about 3 blueprints for Reactors from the dailies as well. (Might be less, could have gotten some from Alerts. But I've gotten 5 BPs in total) and 0 blueprints for Catalysts. Am I complaining? No. I like my free stuff and I like playing the game at my pace, which is somewhat fast. I wouldn't much care if I didn't get a single Reactor or Catalyst from the login rewards ever again, but I may eventually use those ammo boxes for something.

I think, however, that it'd be interesting if we could use those ammo boxes for crafting something if possible. Maybe for a daily login blueprint for something. 

My tenno uses those ammo boxes to sleep and meditate on. He also has taken up wood and metal sculpture as a hobby since he wasnt using those boxes to begin with, to express himself between missions. When he's feeling playful, he makes little forts and pew pews imaginary infested. Other than that, he has no use for the login rewards he's been getting.

I like the idea of getting a better reward on day 7 after which the counter can reset back to day one. 

This post amused me to no end with the mental imagery it created. My hat's off to you good sir/madam. =) I wouldn't be opposed to the counter resetting every 7 days if the ammo boxes went bye-bye and instead rewards that weren't useless to the majority of players were not included in that 'better rewards' category. i have well over 1000 mods, and 1 more common 1 fusion core (oh how I loathe them) would still be better than these ammo boxes and large health restores.

Can't quote-traverse pages- but... I'd like to address a few things here.

I agree that the ability to sell ammo boxes would make them less wasteful as a login reward, though i still think the consumables drop far too frequently in comparison to the other items at tier 3- which is why I'm suggesting a fourth tier.

In response to someone's comment that i'd have a hissy-fit if login rewards were removed- At this point if login rewards were removed I wouldn't much care because I get nothing useful from them anyway (which is the whole point of this topic!)

Someone mentioned team heal consumables- while i generally don't use them- You make a good point an i can see how they would perhaps be the one useful consumable drop.

Someone mentioned the utility of ammo-boxes on long-run defenses (not that i consider 20 waves a long-run personally) I don't have ammo problems at 35+ on defenses as I manage my ammo carefully when doing long-run defenses, this- like shield and health management is something that comes from experience(and good choices on weapons, as a boltor will run out of ammo faster than a latron, and akboltos will run out faster than a lex etc.. should you be running with two slow-fire weapons like latron and lex? probably not, that's where decision making comes into play- but that's off-topic)- newer players will not be as adept at it or as well equipped as older players, that's fine- and to be expected. Login rewards such as ammo-boxes are generally useless for most well-equipped and experienced players that have developed resource management skills to do long defense runs or hard-levelling on pluto. I generally don't even put vitality or redirection on a new frame until it's level 25+ or potato'd early(and rarely does that ever happen) this is a skill that is learned and not something newer players who are only on their first two or even three frames are likely to have fully developed. The point here isn't bragging- so please don't take this the wrong way- the point is login rewards seem to be geared more towards the newer players who haven't gotten that far into the progression yet. That's great- it helps them, but not those of us much further along- which is why the suggested tier 4 starts at a month of daily logins and not two weeks. This would preserve the benefits for newer players that the current teir 3 offers while offering slightly better rewards for older players that have all their frames max'd and are focusing more on mastery by levelling weapons and potatoing frames.

Assuming a tier-4 would be considered- perhaps the following drop-rates would be a decent base-line.

5%   orokin reactor bp          (still the rarest of chances)

5%   orokin catalyst bp         (second verse same as the first)

10% random warframe bp    (even if you have all the frames these can at least be sold for credits)

15% team heal consumable (no ammo boxes.. or large health restores at all-what-so-ever)

15% weapon XP                   (it takes a long time to max level all of your weapons, this will still be useful for most)

15% credits                          (more money never hurts- especially if it can be used for dojo stuff in u8)

15% warframe xp                  (useless for those who have all of their frames maxed, but even so- it'll be useful for those who don't)

20% random mod                 (mods are a dime-a-dozen, while one more isn't going to make a big difference they're at least useful to some extent)

I would say add materials to tier-2+, with higher tiers giving higher level mats. Other than that, I can't really say I disagree with anything you said.

Oh, how I miss the ways when you could stop the daily reward spinner. :(

I would say add materials to tier-2+, with higher tiers giving higher level mats. Other than that, I can't really say I disagree with anything you said.

Oh, how I miss the ways when you could stop the daily reward spinner. :(

This is a very good idea (especially with the impending update 8 and the plethora of materials it will require) and would perhaps be better suited to teir 4 than some of the items currently on my list. =)

And making it easier to actually use consumables, give the player hotkey slots or something. The way they work now it's like they're designed to be used in a turn-based game.

Hotkey slots would be great. I agree that being able to sell ammo boxes would be nice.

No offense intended- but- please hold your feedback until you've played for at least 7 days and can then express an opinion about something you've actually experienced- as according to your profile you only started playing 6 days ago. =)

My forum profile only existed 6 days ago.

I have over 200 in game hours, over a bit longer than a fortnight.

Another player that's sick of ammo boxes.  Pretty much all I've been getting since they fixed the 'clicking' bug on the daily reward thing is ammo boxes, sometimes a large health or credits thrown in.   Hell, I'm probably going to get another stinking ammo box today when I log in.

Credits are not hard to come by *has nearly 700k* and we can buy those things if we need to.  Take them out of the reward thing for T3 at least!

I do not necessarily agree, as I have gotten 2 reactors and 1 catalyst in the last 2 weeks, I do see your point. I agree potatoes should be easier to get, as all they do is allow access to higher level things. However, as that they are obtainable in game, it is not technically P2W (off on a technicality again). However these types of technicalities seem to be adding up.

Yeah, in hindsight (just looking at my account), declaring this game Pay-2-Win might be a tad harsh... It is possible, like you said, to get more or less everything with enough patience, but just because its 'technically' possible, doesn't mean that people will gravitate towards it... So lets shake hands and clink a glass to 'Moar potatoes', shall we?

Moreover you can engage high level content with a "vanilla" level 30 weapon and warframe (you still need to put the right mods for the job)

So, no, you can "win" without paying.

EDIT: about rewards : if after a month you had better chances to get potatoes, then after 2 or 3 months players would have enough of them to put them on all their weapons/frames. I don't think that's something good for the devs.

But I agree that "ammo" is useless at the moment. I'd like them to be replaced with rare mats (command module, neurodes, orokin cell, etc.)

Hmm... Ok, if there was a mechanism in place that actually ensured the rate of potato acquisition like you said (A potato a week?), then yeah, my point is mute...

To be fair, calling the game P2W is probably harsh on my end... But is it just me, or is the appeal of Tenno walking around slaughtering everything without breaking a sweat kinda the niche that warframe fills in?

On a side note, we need a 'walk' modifier key, and not just the 'aim' that we currently have...

Can you engage the highest levels of play without patatoes? Do you have a chance at wave 40-50 in defense missions? I would like someone to test this.

Well, I suppose it WOULD be possible, though like someone earlier said, it would need some careful planning for the specific mission (mod matching to enemy faction and what not)... Basically, I doubt that the 'highest levels' you're thinking of can be easily managed with a Login->Smash 'Play Now'->Win... You'd need teamwork, the right mods, some cover and 'strategic play' (Whatever that is, to me Warframe is a 'Watch me slaughter the inhabitants of this ship' kinda adventure... Not Counter-strike)

Hmm... Ok, if there was a mechanism in place that actually ensured the rate of potato acquisition like you said (A potato a week?), then yeah, my point is mute...

To be fair, calling the game P2W is probably harsh on my end... But is it just me, or is the appeal of Tenno walking around slaughtering everything without breaking a sweat kinda the niche that warframe fills in?

On a side note, we need a 'walk' modifier key, and not just the 'aim' that we currently have...

I agree that the fun comes from how easily we can slice and dice enemies. But I think the potatoes are a good source of income for the devs, so if players could get them easily, they wouldn't buy some.

I tried to level my last warframe without any potato. A level 30 Rhino with a boar and lex and furax. I can say you it feels already really tanky, and the lack of more power points had a good side effect : I really have to think what "kind" of build I want. With more points I wouldn't think, I woul djust put that and this and.. hum why not that and this also.

For instanc eI created a Rhino without any fast deflection or vitality or redirection. Just marathon, fast recovery, rush, rhino charge, iron skin and flux. It's a "ninja" rhino. Would I put some vitality and fast deflection and the ability 3 or 4 it would be a "tanky" rhino. With 60 points I would be a ninja/tanky/fluffy/nicey/cooly rhino.

Some bosses take 8 ammo boxes worth of bullets to kill. At least according to some players.

No they don't, none i've fought anyways. Those players just had S#&$ty guns with S#&$ty mods.

I've never ever ever had an orokin item from daily rewards. seems it's like a 0.01% chance or something.

Edited by rabcor

I've never ever ever had an orokin item from daily rewards. seems it's like a 0.01% chance or something.

For you to make that claim suggests you've logged in for 10006 days in a row.

I'm gunna go ahead and say that you haven't.

I'd say it's closer to a 5% chance, given the experiences of myself and my friends, most of us have gotten either a reactor, a catalyst or both at this stage.

I myself have had 2 reactor blueprints.

Can you engage the highest levels of play without patatoes? Do you have a chance at wave 40-50 in defense missions? I would like someone to test this.

You can't fit all three of multishot, serration and elemental damage mods. These are the bare minimum and missing one of them means that your damage output is severely hindered.

I won't say that it's impossible, but I'd feel safe betting money on no.

I unlocked the lat levels of pluto with a level 30 Rhino and level 30 boar, lex and furax with mods that aren't at full but aren't level 1 or 2 either.

I even had to do some of the last levels alone because there's not a lot of people playing Pluto.

After that there's endless defense : I would say that with level 30 gear (without potatoes) you can go up to level 15 with a pick up team. From level 20 you need to have a party full of level 30 and that plays well. I never got to level 25, even with potatoes, so that may be me that play bad.

I raised a Latron to level 30 and then another to 30 and potato'd. I was able to reach wave 26 on lith with the potato'd one and only wave 14 without it.

Granted the Latron is not everyone's favorite weapon it still has the range advantage on Grineer defense and I love semi-auto rifles:)