Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards

TennoSkoom

I agree that the fun comes from how easily we can slice and dice enemies. But I think the potatoes are a good source of income for the devs, so if players could get them easily, they wouldn't buy some.

I tried to level my last warframe without any potato. A level 30 Rhino with a boar and lex and furax. I can say you it feels already really tanky, and the lack of more power points had a good side effect : I really have to think what "kind" of build I want. With more points I wouldn't think, I woul djust put that and this and.. hum why not that and this also.

For instanc eI created a Rhino without any fast deflection or vitality or redirection. Just marathon, fast recovery, rush, rhino charge, iron skin and flux. It's a "ninja" rhino. Would I put some vitality and fast deflection and the ability 3 or 4 it would be a "tanky" rhino. With 60 points I would be a ninja/tanky/fluffy/nicey/cooly rhino.

Hahaha... Fluffy Rhino's indeed... I suppose you're right on the Dev's bread-n-butter coming from the plat sales for them potatoes... Lets see what the community gravitates towards, and how the dev's react... 

As for the 'thinking of your build' bit - This is interesting, because while what you say makes sense (and I kinda agree, it has that Diablo 2 vibe where leveling a sorceress meant deciding what build she was getting)... BUT! I feel like Warframe really shines when it gives players the freedom of literally waltzing through some random spaceship, 1-shotting everything like a boss... Yes, a potato'd rhino that went fluffy would bleed better than it would shoot at the higher levels (40's, 50's... 60's...?), and that's where the strategy would come in... No? 

I suppose the big deal with potatoes, is that they enable something players can't get otherwise, no matter how much time they invest... If I were to approach Warframe with the hopes of role-playing immersion, I'd be wiping the floors with the level 1-5 missions, and I'd damn well wanna do it in a fluffy Rhino... Because Zoidberg... :)

With a level 30 warframe with level 30 weapons you wipe the floor of level up to 12-15 (My lex one shots everything on the level of hyena)

And a rhino with rush/marathin/speed recovery is soooo good when you see a loki behind you when you're running ^__^.

To those concerned about increasing potato drops, I want to make it clear that I'm not upset with the low drop rate of potatos, (I have all currently available frames and no they're not all potato'd) and as some said it's perhaps the main source of income for DE right now short of founders packages. My complaint is mostly with the worthless unusable login rewards such as ammo boxes and large health restores and their insanely high drop-rate. At bare minimum i'd like to be able to sell those ammo boxes and large health restores, ideally i'd like an additional reward tier without them included and some more rewards geared towards players that have been playing longer and have decently level'dframes and weapons and are likely working towards maxing out mastery or post-update 8 improving their clan dojo.

And though it's slightly off-topic I don't see this game as pay2win, even if you were to buy everything available with plat you would still need to play to get the mods and level your frames and weapons(some of which cannot be purchased) to make them effective against higher level content. I'll also note that higher level content can be engaged without potatos as I often hard-levelled new frames on pluto with one reliable weapon and two weapons being levelled for the sake of mastery points. I did however find mag and banshee and ember quickest to level by doing long-run defense missions and utilizing their ultimates (fire blast for ember since her ultimate blows) as much as possible. Other frames seem to level better when facing harder content. This includes rhino, volt, ash, trinity, etc.

My forum profile only existed 6 days ago.

I have over 200 in game hours, over a bit longer than a fortnight.

My apologies. I have since checked and noticed that my forum profile creation date also does not match my Warframe account creation date. It seems though they are tied together, they are in-fact separate.

Another player that's sick of ammo boxes.  Pretty much all I've been getting since they fixed the 'clicking' bug on the daily reward thing is ammo boxes, sometimes a large health or credits thrown in.   Hell, I'm probably going to get another stinking ammo box today when I log in.

Credits are not hard to come by *has nearly 700k* and we can buy those things if we need to.  Take them out of the reward thing for T3 at least!

someone brought up resources as reward drops and i believe they had a great point as at higher levels of play credits are not as much of an issue whereas resources will become more necessary with U8 and clan dojos. Perhaps resources should replace credits on my suggested tier 4 login rewards drop list.

Edited by AnalogAnomaly