Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sneak Tickle Attack

Carcharias

So I threw on my shade yesterday just for the fun of it and came across a sneak attack opportunity at the start of a mission. I've been playing with the worm for quite a while so I was like sure why not? This will be my first sneak attack with the banshee frame. Get into position, press E and she jumps up on the targets shoulders (I'm thinking neck break) pulls out her duel ethers gives him a quick shave and jumps down. Now when I say a "quick shave" I mean that less than half of the targets shields were gone and now he knows I'm there.

So is this a bug? Or is the sneak attack these days really that worthless? What's the point of a sneak attack that does less damage then a regular charge attack? And for the record I tried this on no less than four targets with the same (disappointing) results every time. Now granted, I don't have the ethers fully leveled yet, but I still expected that the sneak attack would do more damage then a charge attack, especially after jumping up on the targets shoulders.

Same thing happened to me on my ether daggers. I'm not too sure why, though I think it may be because the ether daggers don't deal as much damage to Corpus or Grineer, or they're based on the single-hit damage. Got trashed pretty bad after that! Modding it up is said to help, though the ether daggers back-stabbing the enemies have hardly dented its health... Quite sad.

Yea, for all the dramatic flair that has been thrown into the sneak attack I think that it should do substantial damage across the board regardless of which melee weapon you have, especially now when stealth gameplay is pretty much impossible. And a sneak attack with a leveled and modded weapon should be a reliable kill.