The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Solution For Mod Underclocking/ De-Fusion Problem

xenoffense

This is addressing the issue that people encounter when upgrading mods where they are afraid to increase it to too high of a level out of fear of wrecking their build and having to make a new mod that is a lower level (potentially immensely time/resource consuming)

- Make it so when players are looking at their equipped mods screen they can hover over a mod and use their mouse's scroll wheel to increase/decrease the level of the mod.

- The max level that you can increase a mod to would, of course, be the level that you've reached through fusions.

- This would allow for extremely simple mod level adjustments and would be fairly simple to implement (I know nothing of programing so that's just a guess.

- Players would no longer feel punished for the time spent leveling up mods to super high levels (namely Serration and Hornet Strike, but also the defensive warframe mods Redirection, ETC)

This is addressing the issue that people encounter when upgrading mods where they are afraid to increase it to too high of a level out of fear of wrecking their build and having to make a new mod that is a lower level (potentially immensely time/resource consuming)

- Make it so when players are looking at their equipped mods screen they can hover over a mod and use their mouse's scroll wheel to increase/decrease the level of the mod.

- The max level that you can increase a mod to would, of course, be the level that you've reached through fusions.

- This would allow for extremely simple mod level adjustments and would be fairly simple to implement (I know nothing of programing so that's just a guess.

- Players would no longer feel punished for the time spent leveling up mods to super high levels (namely Serration and Hornet Strike, but also the defensive warframe mods Redirection, ETC)

I like this, it should not be hard to implement from a programming perspective. Although depending on how the system is currently set up it could require a bit of time.

DE said that they rather want de-fusing instead of scalability because it has more of a 'consequence.'

Personally, I think the game has enough consequences and choices without you having to fuss around with mods because your high-level stuff is useless when leveling up a new frame. It makes your leveling time difficult, since your new frame can't handle your stronger mods, but you don't want to invest in fusing a second set for that frame, because of the massive costs involved.

You're discouraging players from leveling new (or prestige-ing old) warframes, since many spend a large part of it just grinding without mods till a point where their leveled-up set is feasible, or just throwing in a rag-tag mix of unfused mods for minimal gain.

Edited by SilentCynic

Easy go around with the leveling difficult but at a cost of time with Rare mods...

Get each mod a set amount of times so that you have a mod at each ranking (Redirection mod lv1,2,3,4, and so on to its max)

Little more space consuming but it won't require you to defuse and waste materials from it. (more of the lines of using a little more supplies for things you'd use multiple times and have it on multiple frames)

Might be time consuming to collect the mods, and credit consuming... but since DE is doing Defusing over level selection, getting a variety of mods at different levels is what I'm thinkin of.

Well, yes, we all know that's a thing that can be done. The thing is, it's a terrible workaround for a problem that really shouldn't exist at all, and it baffles me that DE would encourage it.

i dont know how they want to implement defusing but considering i spent probably the same ressources to get hornet strike from 9 to 10 as from 1 to 9. i will NOT defuse that, ever.

also, where is my misstake when i upgrade a mod to a certain level for a certain weapon? why am i getting punished for liking a certain weapon and wanting to create the best possible mod layout by maxing certain things which i cant afford with other weapons (different polarity, different mods in total)?

the way he said it in the stream sounded like "oops, i put like 50 cores and 150k creds in that mod, silly me. i will now pay for my errors because that other weapon doesnt have the same polarity."

this will basicaly make me test a few weapons, decide for one and never use the rest again, because it would require re-farming of mods/fusion cores and credits. i hoped they would implement "underclocking" to promote weapon diversification. its annoying enough i have to swap mods from weapon to weapon whenever i change my "main" layout. i have a few weapons on 30 that never saw a mod because i was just too lazy to take them out of my favorite weapon and put them back in. sad to see all these weapons come down to mastery xp.

There's a big thread for this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38278-underclocking-mods-mentioned-in-livestream/

And I don't really buy that it would be that complicated to implement. Each mod would need to store it's current level (probably only need 4 bits each, but a byte would make it easier for alignment purposes).

Yeah i just saw that thread after I posted this. His has pictures so kudos to him. His system is the same as mine basically just more clicking. Either way it would be an awesome addition.

Easy go around with the leveling difficult but at a cost of time with Rare mods...

Get each mod a set amount of times so that you have a mod at each ranking (Redirection mod lv1,2,3,4, and so on to its max)

Little more space consuming but it won't require you to defuse and waste materials from it. (more of the lines of using a little more supplies for things you'd use multiple times and have it on multiple frames)

Might be time consuming to collect the mods, and credit consuming... but since DE is doing Defusing over level selection, getting a variety of mods at different levels is what I'm thinkin of.

that's easy.. only for levels 1-4. I haven't leveled any mod past level 6 but I can only imagine that it would take at least 300k credits (no problem there haha) and at least 30 Rare Fusion Cores to get from level 9 to 10. NOT AN EASY SOLUTION!!

i dont know how they want to implement defusing but considering i spent probably the same ressources to get hornet strike from 9 to 10 as from 1 to 9. i will NOT defuse that, ever.

also, where is my misstake when i upgrade a mod to a certain level for a certain weapon? why am i getting punished for liking a certain weapon and wanting to create the best possible mod layout by maxing certain things which i cant afford with other weapons (different polarity, different mods in total)?

the way he said it in the stream sounded like "oops, i put like 50 cores and 150k creds in that mod, silly me. i will now pay for my errors because that other weapon doesnt have the same polarity."

this will basicaly make me test a few weapons, decide for one and never use the rest again, because it would require re-farming of mods/fusion cores and credits. i hoped they would implement "underclocking" to promote weapon diversification. its annoying enough i have to swap mods from weapon to weapon whenever i change my "main" layout. i have a few weapons on 30 that never saw a mod because i was just too lazy to take them out of my favorite weapon and put them back in. sad to see all these weapons come down to mastery xp.

This is my sentiment exactly. Getting level 10 on Serration and Hornet Strike seems like it would take an eternity. someone would have to be crazy to get multiple high level mods for either one. They are basically spitting in our faces by saying that it is OUR error for leveling up a mod to a high level.

If they implement a system where you have to level up the mod after underclocking it.... that would mean people who want to get a mod that they lowered from 10 to 9 back to 10 and would have to spend another 400 hours farming all the mods/cores and credits to get something THAT THEY ALREADY EARNED ONCE!!

My sentiments, exactly.

You know that there is already a topic on this "underclocking" and what you just did here is pretty much copy and paste the idea someone else already presented ?

This would't stop me supporting the idea since i would love for it to be implemented but why not just go to the existing thread rather than duplicating what that thread already stated.

Also in the latest live stream they were asked this question and they said that they rather have you unfuse the fused mod that would destroy the materials used for that upgrade. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Edited by ZWarhammer

You know that there is already a topic on this "underclocking" and what you just did here is pretty much copy and paste the idea someone else already presented ?

This would't stop me supporting the idea since i would love for it to be implemented but why not just go to the existing thread rather than duplicating what that thread already stated.

Also in the latest live stream they were asked this question and they said that they rather have you unfuse the fused mod that would destroy the materials used for that upgrade. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Like i said earlier, I didn't know about that thread before I made this one. I don't know why they didn't mention that thread in the stream. It is basically the same idea I present here and it is SOOOO necessary.