Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Global Alert Suggestion

Visarogo

Since the livestream just ended and "raid bosses" was discussed just thought I'd share an idea that I've seen used in other games to a good degree of effectiveness.

1 boss with a silly amount of hp.  The global counter keeps track of how much hp it has lost. Each group/mission ran can only fight the boss for a set amount of time (to make sure people at least take some break.).

Mechanically wise I don't know how hard it would be to write this in.  But it seems like an easy way to make crazy sized bosses (each mission is doing damage to a particular piece of it?) possible without having to allow more than 4 people in an instance.

This can be done pretty easily I think, though it'll have to be tweaked beyond recognition as a "raid boss" or what people have in mind when they hear that.

DE can easily implement this boss without altering the structure of the current Operation mechanic.  Just make a single boss you can encounter somewhere in a particular system or a special location, and have it be a regular mission doable with 1-4 players.  After a set amount of hp is depleted, the boss retreats.  The overall progress bar with the % can be labeled the total health of the boss, when in actuality it just keeps track of how many successful "kills" has been done.

Only issue would be the "killing blow."  Does the last team to defeat the boss get to see him actually die?  Or do we want to make it so nobody really kills the boss, but we just get an animation/global message that everyone can see that indicates it went down?

a "killing blow" would be a great way to make another reward drop possible but i think that tracking the hp continually across all instances would be difficult.  

i agree on the boss disappearing after a set amount of time much like the stalker leaves after defeated would be a great way to manage how long a team can fight it but the boss shouldnt have a set amount of hp it could lose per run 

i think it being on a timer for each run would be a better mechanic for these types of things that way no matter how much damage you can do to it it will still contribute

a "killing blow" would be a great way to make another reward drop possible but i think that tracking the hp continually across all instances would be difficult.  

i agree on the boss disappearing after a set amount of time much like the stalker leaves after defeated would be a great way to manage how long a team can fight it but the boss shouldnt have a set amount of hp it could lose per run 

i think it being on a timer for each run would be a better mechanic for these types of things that way no matter how much damage you can do to it it will still contribute

Yeah, it can be a either-or mechanism, like either 50k hp is taken off OR 5 minutes has passed > then boss retreats.

Hope this gets implemented

For the death, maybe when the last team destroys the last of its hp, they end that mission like any other. Maybe... Emphasis on MAYBE a few extra sparkles, but that's it. Then, like with this even, you click the side thing, and its updated. It takes you to a cutscenes where you see the boss die.

A few questions. Would this boss b normal sized, with tons of hp, or a huge boss, with tons of hp.

Also, does its hp always start at full? Or does it show relative to what it is. Maybe the health bar has its max health your team can take away, and next to that is the timer. Oh yeah, and are their more mobs, or is it just the boss. Lastly, would the timer be for just the boss, or for the whole match

Instead of a killing blow we just need to hold it at bay for X amount of time while a device is made to hold it at bay (or to seal the rift it is coming from, etc).

Even though this is a set period, multiple groups can run the mission concurrently as an abstracted representation of a squad roster. Even though 10 squads run it at the same time, it is emulating 10 consecutive time periods on the roster.

As for rewards, maybe a set reward for each turn on the roster. Something like X Credits and a token or something that can be put towards a mod pack or other reward.

Honestly the fusion moa event reminded me of Dragon's Dogma's Ur Dragon. It was really neat working with people on various gaming boards to deal tons of damage, or watch when the land the killing blow for rewards.