Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poison Damage From Toxic Ancients Should Not Affect Cryopods.

CharginTarge

A cryopod is an object made from metal and glass/plastic, why on earth is it vulnerable to poison damage? It makes no sense. This issue is particulary infurating given how unbalanced Toxin Ancients are. As soon as they reach your pod you are done for. If you kill em the poison cloud they leave will destroy the pod like it's nothing. You might as well not give the pod any hit points at all... <_<

My friends and I have suffered from this on many occasion.  Seems like it only happened recently? I honestly don't remember the cryopods being affected by it before... Hopefully it's a bug because if this is how it's going to be then infested defenses past wave 15-20 are going to be near impossible.

My friends and I have suffered from this on many occasion.  Seems like it only happened recently? I honestly don't remember the cryopods being affected by it before... Hopefully it's a bug because if this is how it's going to be then infested defenses past wave 15-20 are going to be near impossible.

I sure hope so, too. So far I only managed until wave 20.

Hopefully it's a bug because if this is how it's going to be then infested defenses past wave 15-20 are going to be near impossible.

Having a dedicated ancient killer should be a part of every team's strategy if you truly want to get to the higher waves on infested defense. The point is to kill them before they reach the pod, and doing so really shouldn't be a problem for "high lvl" players with full potato weapons/frames on 3 of the 4 maps that infested defense is played on. Only 1 map (the corpus map with the pod in the center of several ruined buildings that infested defense uses on Pluto sometimes) is really a problem and that is because the map doesn't have good sight lines to attack anything before it is really close to the pod, which is a problem even when fighting the corpus there. To say that the toxic ancients shouldn't affect the pod is like saying that the fusion moas for corpus and grineer heavies shouldn't affect it either. It is their true damage dealer if it gets close, nothing else really does much damage to the pod, especially on infested. If you truly want more focus on infested defense, you should be petitioning for more effective crowd control measures (which we had until everyone QQ'ed about how OP chaos and molt were btw) rather than asking for DE to completely rebalance every single infested defense because you can't kill toxic ancients before they get to the pod.

Having a dedicated ancient killer should be a part of every team's strategy if you truly want to get to the higher waves on infested defense. The point is to kill them before they reach the pod, and doing so really shouldn't be a problem for "high lvl" players with full potato weapons/frames on 3 of the 4 maps that infested defense is played on. Only 1 map (the corpus map with the pod in the center of several ruined buildings that infested defense uses on Pluto sometimes) is really a problem and that is because the map doesn't have good sight lines to attack anything before it is really close to the pod, which is a problem even when fighting the corpus there. To say that the toxic ancients shouldn't affect the pod is like saying that the fusion moas for corpus and grineer heavies shouldn't affect it either. It is their true damage dealer if it gets close, nothing else really does much damage to the pod, especially on infested. If you truly want more focus on infested defense, you should be petitioning for more effective crowd control measures (which we had until everyone QQ'ed about how OP chaos and molt were btw) rather than asking for DE to completely rebalance every single infested defense because you can't kill toxic ancients before they get to the pod.

The issue is that, unlike with fusion moas or grineer heavies, once a toxic ancient reaches the pod, it's pretty much game over. Even if you kill the ancient, the pod dies from the toxic cloud. With the fusion moas and heavies, you can kill them before they kill the pod. There's ways for the player to prevent total loss if they're good even if they're overwhelmed by heavies/moas, rewarding player skill.

There's not many ways to prevent total loss if a toxic ancient makes it through your defensive lines. "So don't let toxics through" isn't much of an argument either.

The issue is that, unlike with fusion moas or grineer heavies, once a toxic ancient reaches the pod, it's pretty much game over. Even if you kill the ancient, the pod dies from the toxic cloud. With the fusion moas and heavies, you can kill them before they kill the pod. There's ways for the player to prevent total loss if they're good even if they're overwhelmed by heavies/moas, rewarding player skill.

There's not many ways to prevent total loss if a toxic ancient makes it through your defensive lines. "So don't let toxics through" isn't much of an argument either.

I can understand your point of the toxin on the ground possibly not affecting it after it dies for that reason, but saying that not letting toxics through isn't really an argument is funny to me. They are the EASIEST enemy in the game to spot from a distance in the middle of a crowd because of how brightly their green clashes with the rest of the infected colors. Also, unless they make it fairly close to the pod, they will in fact engage your "ancient killer" rather than continuing forward. What waves are you specifically having issues with ancients getting to your pod and on what planet? When I run a private group with 3 friends that are actually coordinated in a team, we rarely have one reach the pod short of wave 30+ on Xini or 25+ on the Pluto defense. And even at those levels, a single ancient doesn't spell instant death most of the time, what spells death is the combination of that ancient and the fact that there are enough other mobs attacking the pod that it would have taken some damage anyway, even if the ancient didn't make it to the pod.

+1... While balancing might be questionable, I feel poison/toxic dmg to a sealed system like the Cryopod doesn't do much for immersion... 

... Unless its not poison and its acid or something...

A toxin that penetrates shields AND armor would seem to be more than reasonably able to penetrate the sealed metal and glass pod and damage the sleeping Tenno to me, just like it penetrates our warframes to hurt the Tenno inside of them. Just my thoughts on the more lore side of this argument.