The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Capture - Pvp

Aj3108

Ok, so. If anyone has logged on recently and tried the new (at least for me) PVP, please let me know if you agree or what you have found. I'm trying to stay on topic and not rant, my apologies if I come out too ranty.

So I thought I'd try out the new Cephalon Capture, seeing as I enjoy PVP and as it is new, everyone should be on the same page. As it turns out, there is a whole lot of stuff not making sense and different people encountering the same problems and also different problems.

These are some of the problems/issues I've either had or people have reported to have in games I have played so far:

Not able to spawn;

Stuck in the PVP lobby screen;

Not able to hit people;

Not able to do damage;

Getting killed by people nowhere near them with no LOS;

Melee'd from across the map;

General confusion; 

Losing the host connection; and

Being unable to use abilities, either by targeting issues or others.

Having witnessed all this in a very short space of time, I begin to wonder if others are also having these or other issues and if anyone knows anything more about the PVP.

The most obvious confusions comes first from the conclave loadout, where it seems you have a random selection of frames and weapons you are able to use. The selection doesn't seem to take into account what items you may have, but if you don't have the ones listed, you are unable to use them unless acquiring them. For example, I have seen many Rhino Primes running around but I am unable to use my Rhino. Ditto for using my Orthos. But I can use my Ash. Seems fine, the Rhino Iron Skin may be very strong but Ash has the mobility and damage... Or so I thought.

Turned out I couldn't catch the Rhino who stole the high pitched, condescending cube of weirdness, which is strange because I don't have access to using my rush mod, which would seem to be equipped on the Rhino Prime. As far as I can tell, direct tanking/damage affecting mods aren't available to be used, in the interest of balance. That's a great Idea but I still found it difficult at times to do anything useful. 

And the last thing that baffled me was how I am supposed to use Ash's great abilities if I must target the enemy Frame to use the ability when everyone is running and jumping like grease monkeys and the ability won't always work in PVE when the slow NPC's move around. 

Anywho, I still had a some amount of enjoyment with it and I am eager to see more PVP implemented in the future. I just hope some of these issues might be addressed and things start to make a bit more sense. Rant over. Please share your thoughts/experiences about this so far =)

There is no ballance in this game mode at all.
Battles are fine for me and my friends but getting one hit killed from op weapons is pretty bullS#&$.
I like the idea, but they need to have a default selection for everyone, or at least have classes.

Yeah Ash's bladestorm seems to be very similar. I got a double kill very easily when people were standing together and still. Rhino's iron skin makes it very hard to manfight him.

I think it has great potential, just needs some bugs kill and to be balanced better.

Not able to hit people;

Not able to do damage;

Getting killed by people nowhere near them with no LOS;

Melee'd from across the map;

Losing the host connection;

These will probably never get fixed as long as people keep hosting games. Server tick is a thing. When you have some dude hosting an 8 player match with its own share of software running in the background, with a good chance of non capable hardware, while at the same time doing it over a home internet connection, server tick and latency turns out mediocre. In other words, what you see, is what you don't get. Host says one thing and client says another with a slow update rate.

I found it kind of funny watching multiple times a dude melee spinning like crazy 20m from me and managed to kill me hahaha

Edited by nms64