The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Framerate Tanks In 'online' Mode, Only In 'online' Mode

TinyLesbianRobot

The subject line basically says it.  Whenver I'm in an online game, whether I join it or host it, whenever other Tenno are on screen, my framerate tanks to between 20 and 30.  In solo and private, even with three other friends, I'm running between 30 and 60.  Altering my graphics settings does not appear to hinder this issue, and increasing the process priority has no effect either.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

My system specs are below.

Model: Asus ROG G73Sw
Core: i7 2630-QM
GPU: Geforce GTX 460M
RAM: 6 gigs

Edited by WingedAnomaly

I have experienced to too but it seems to be at its worst when your team mates are across the world from you. Or have laggy machines/connections themselves. DE_Steve has mentioned they are working on better matchup code to help the situation.

I have tried increasing the process priority with no success.  I'll edit the OP to indicate this.

Yeah that would be helpful, have you try anything else? Like cleaning your cluster?

Edited by MegaWuchi

This is a problem related to relative network performance, if anyone in the team has a poor connection everyone suffers. The host machine gets bogged down waiting on packets and sending re requests to the machine with the bad connection, and the other computers are sat waiting on updates from the host, and the overall impact is a reduction in frame rate for everyone in that game.