The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Kohm Can Stay ' Nerfed ' But It Still Has A Couple Of Problems.

Tekka_Croe

The fact that they make a gun and release it with the specific stats when we first make it and nerf it later and for some just out right buy the gun but then don't get the platinum back as a result of a nerf is just stupid greedy gaming companies out for a profit and for those of you who think guns are overpowered guess you have never been face to face with a bombard at level 200 that can shoot 10 homing rockets at your face in 5 seconds so tell me again what over powered weapons there are in the game none at that high level without camping with vauban and nekros with 4 torids frankly I'm sick of the nerfed weapons in this game it's like warframe don't want us to play past 30 minutes anymore and it just not fun without the challenge of high level enemies working as a team but it shouldn't take 4 players to shoot at 1 enemy to kill it if that's the case send one enemy at a time at us and will all just use the sicarus prime all I can say I'm on a platinum strike till the kohm is back at is former glory as for me 6 formas and 30 minutes into t4 survival with shotgun scavenger and shotgun ammo mutation out of ammo and not a lot of ammo being picked up and have to drop hundreds of ammo drops just to use the gun now that is really bad when it was the best shotgun in game hands down but people say it's over powered and needed to be nerfed for performance issues LOL I call BS plus if you think it was OP then you all weak warframe players that only can play 30 minutes and you bust out boring as for the real players who have seen really high enemies you would have to agree for DE if you don't want us to play at high levels cap the maps at 40 minutes and say mission completed simple as that but don't expect veterans to stay around you already lost so many players that said I'm out I can on for days.

About the visual effects tellign where the kohm shoots, well you know by now why they were removed. Lag machines and all :P

But here's an idea to solve that and other spread telltales. How about a smart target tile? In the same vein of other FPSs, they'd expand on larger spreads and shrink to a point on precision shots.

...in fact I'm surprised that needs to be suggested, I always assumed this would come in soon...

OP here.

[Holy wall-of-text, Batman!]

I didn't start this thread to bash on casual players.

Having continued to play with the Kohm since U16, I'd say the real nerf is the upped ammo-consumption + damage fall-off at range.

About the visual effects tellign where the kohm shoots, well you know by now why they were removed. Lag machines and all :P

But here's an idea to solve that and other spread telltales. How about a smart target tile? In the same vein of other FPSs, they'd expand on larger spreads and shrink to a point on precision shots.

...in fact I'm surprised that needs to be suggested, I always assumed this would come in soon...

To my knowledge, the visual effects associated with the Kohm were not the reason that it was changed to hitscan, and it had more to do with the projectiles themselves than anything else.  With multishot and fire rate mods, the game would have to be performing calculations for the trajectories, including gravity and ricochets, of 100+ individual projectiles for every second of continuous fire.  Then multiply that by the number of Kohms in a given mission.  While it never caused me problems, I can see how an older rig might have issues with that.

Having the crosshair expand to reflect spread would be welcome, but I don't see that happening soon given that we don't even have different crosshairs depending on weapon class, yet.

I don't think the game would have much difficulty rendering wispy trails (determined by energy color) along the vectors of all the Kohm's hitscan pellets.  That's what I'd really like to see, as it would bring back a lot of the visual spectacle that I so enjoyed about the Kohm.