The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason For Clans

ZeroPhobic

I understand that it will take more time to build things with a smaller clan, that is not a big issue in general. I don't think smaller clans should be effectively penalized for being small. As I said it apparently takes 1 full year of working many hours each day in STO for a small clan to just start getting their teir 5 items. A full year is extremely excessive for aquiring in game content that can only be gotten through clan research. I don't care how long other things take to build.

Warframe is a non-competative PvE based game. Which means that there is no reason for smaller groups of people to be stuck with lower grade weapons and items for a long time while other larger groups get everything instantly. It would be different if there were large scale PvP, but there is not. So once again, why technically penalize small groups for being small? If I have to work for about 2 weeks to get a lab that's fine. Several months is not. I don't care if large clans get their labs in the first week, good for them. However I don't want the idea to be that since large groups can get their labs in a week, that means we must raise the required reasource amount for everyone so that the large clans have to work longer to get their labs...Oh wait that would mean that smaller clans have it much worse off then. The concern derives from the possibility of going to wrong direction to try creating a sense of balance in Dojo building.

Not so high reasource cost for the labs = perfectly fine. Large clans get theirs in a week or less, I have to wait 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe a little longer. At least I don't have to work at it for 6 months. I'm sure there are several out there with small clans who have had this cross their mind.

I have to agree, not because I perfer the solo game but rather because I pefer PUGs to Clans. 

The unfortunate side effect of being in a clan is the necessity to contribute time and/or resources to the clan.  Instead of Warframe being just a game I can log into for a few hours or perhaps even a single mission, a Clan means I now have obligations.  I am expected to partisipate in Clan events.  I am expected to be an active player.  I am expected to contribute resources I may want to use be build a frame or weapon, to the Clan instead.  I may even be expected to be online and playing at specific times.   There is also almost inevitabilty politics you have to get involved with.  This is the unfortuate side effect of being in a clan/guild.

Now I am not saying this is necessarily a bad thing and at one point I was even an assistant guild leader for a guild of over 200 in Everquest but the point is that not everyone wants the same thing out of each and every game they play.

Warframe for me is just about logging in and having fun.  I don't want to have to be part of a larger social organization, rely on them and/or follow their policies to enjoy the game.

I almost don't have to comment in this thread, my fears are voiced already.

I PUG and play with RL friends occasionally. The concept of a "clan" has never been appealing to me since in most of my experiences they have been internet tough guys and bullies in PVP games. That may be different here...

But I still don't want to have to join one in order to upgrade or own a weapon or warframe. Especially since I would have little choice in the direction a clan leader takes in building a dojo. Starting your own sounds like it will take entirely too long to accomplish though as well.

I am all for them giving you bonuses, but not content.

So basically OP is asking to be allowed to get/use a clan content without being in a clan... ?

futuramafry.jpg

(Fry was perfect for this comment by the way)

Reading the entire thread has never hurt a soul i promise. I have never said or expressed that I want what clans have now or what they will get in future. In fact I hope their clan buildings are huge and full of wonders. I do NOT want a game that is a single player game with the ability to group (in very small groups) to work as a MMO style guild or clan would, that seems like they are missing the point of this type of game.

It is a great PUG game and a blast as single player or and the best with friends, it fits, it is just perfect for that. Then they say you can never reach the potential of your guns and in fact your frames if you play the game the way it is built, we will tack on this MMO feature that really has nothing to do with this style of game, but more for social reasons and MAKE you join to get research for your guns and frames and if you want to do this with your friends and work really hard at it you may get it in a year! Are you kidding!

So, no, I do not want what the clan/guilds are getting, as a matter of fact I never want any part of this. I hate grinding and farming for materials in MMO's, why on god's green earth would I put myself or friends through that in a single player-small group game. They (the devs) are confused on what they want this game to be, they made a fantastic single player game with some social elements and now they are thinking bigger,which is great, but I just want them not to go down a path that will drive off more people than it will please. Clans are great for those people that want  them and hell for those who don't, and a single player game should never go there just for the sake of doing so and then forcing clans on it's single player base, there is a reason we play single player games. If this was a MMO and we were having this debate, I would be on a losing side of this thing, but we are talking a single player-small group based game and clans are NOT required for my playing so why should they be for my upgrading, it is a plain and simple BAD MOVE on the devs part. Really think about it.

Edited by ZeroPhobic