Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vehicles, Mounted Turrets, Or Missions Where You Ambush Convoys Etc. Or Jump From Ship To Ship.

Dex314

So... the game is brilliant. I love being part of the beta because something new comes out all of the time but I think the concept needs to breach this barrier of "run around and kill things" mode. I would love to see mounted turrets on defense maps, or missions where you have to ambush a convoy, or even better, to fight ON a moving high speed train or something. OR jumping from air ship to airship like in avatar. We need more than just run, hack, shoot, kill. 

Oh looking at another post too--it'd also be awesome to have an open map with a fort in the center that you have to breach. The team could decide on the approach and coordinate the efforts of snipers and what not--so far all of the missions are pretty mindless. Chat hasnt worked for me since I got the game and I have no problem completing missions at a good pace. Itd be nice for some coordination to become necessary, at least on some maps. 

Edited by Dex314

I love the idea of jumping from ship to ship.  Makes me think that in some "boss" instances the whole point is to bring down an entire fleet or small squadron instead of just one dude on a space rock.

Granted, there could be a scenario where you wipe out a small squadron from the inside of each ship, but then at the end you have to board a ship and kill the commander.  This could even help with dynamic events where if you get caught some of the crew from other ships will try and bring the ship you are infiltrating down so you have to exit quickly and get to the next ship.  This would give a reason to stealth gameplay, or at least a purpose to stopping the crew from activating the alarms.

As for the turrets, I'm not sure I'm all for letting players use them only because I think it would slow down the pacing, but including computer controlled turrets you have to maintain or hack would be cool.  This would help out solo players that want to stand a chance against some of the tougher defense missions without having to keep spamming snow globe.

I guess it is in mind of the developpers,game mode might be one of the last things to put in the game after giving him a soul and a solid gameplay + Balance.
I would definitely love to see some real variations in mission types,there is so many possibilities that fit the gameplay.
Posted a thread a while ago where i emitted the idea of a Temple type mission (Wallrun/Climb to a location and take an aterfact) the only response I got was "The dev's don't wan't the game to be too exigent and have a skill cap to do all the missions."
So I guess it applies on the types of missions you cited too.

Turrets: Do not want. if you want something to blow S#&$ up with then grab a pimped gorgon or even the paris with thunderbolt

Vehicles: No we are ninjas its not gta

agreed 100 percent, but space fighters could be a possibility, also customizable

Also a nice idea would be to place a great, big building (an H/Q, or even a palace)  on every planet so that tenno would have to take control over it and then defend it.

BUT the team will have to defend the building with what ever damage the caused, if anything is broken like mounted guns or walls should stay that way.

Ninjas used horses, why can't Space Ninjas use hoverbikes or something?

Mainly because there is no map big enough to justify using a bike.  I mean most of the areas aren't huge, unbroken rooms.  Most terrain and walls will get in the way right now.

Turrets: Do not want. if you want something to blow S#&$ up with then grab a pimped gorgon or even the paris with thunderbolt

Vehicles: No we are ninjas its not gta

I find your lack of imagination disturbing. You come into this conversation thinking, "Oh man, they're trying to make this all GTA," instead of thinking, "How could they use this to make the enemies more interesting?"

While I'm not too keen on the idea of using the vehicles myself, the multitude of possibilities the enemies could use them would make various game types like Mobile Defense more interesting, while making potential game types like Mobile Assault more plausible.

Consider this: defending a cryopod on the back of a cargo tram or freight elivator, with Grineer Armored Personnel Carriers riding up beside it as enemies leap aboard. Or a Corpus Dropship unloading a troop of Moas. Or even an infested vertibird laying siege on your position, possably even drills.

Is the idea perfect? No. But with a little fine tuning and tempering, as well as larger maps to support it, I personally think this could shape up to be very exciting.