Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updated Way-Points ( Waypoints 2.0 )

KyleDelta

I've been getting really frustrated with way-points lately ( mostly because of raids ) so I came up with a few ideas that might improve in the use of way-points and mini-map markers.

1 - Shapes and colors 

Its hard to see who's way-point is who's when they all look the exact same, To change this why not have each player get a different shaped way-point depending on what number they are in the squad ( Example: host always gets square shaped way-point, second squad member always gets triangle: ETC ) And each players way-point is colored by their currently equipped warframes energy color, So a warframe with green energy will get a green way-point.

2 - Distance and trails

Currently way-points will only show you an exact distance if you are in the same room as the way-point, If you are in a different room it will only show the distance to the nearest door leading to the next room where the way-point is located, I think it would be easier if the way-point displayed the actual distance from you rather then the doorways distance, Even though this is helpful in some cases it can get frustrating at times, To counter make it so hit on another players way-point You get a small trail ( Like trinity's link ) that leads you through the tiles of the map leading to the way-points position, once you reach within 5 meters or hit over the same way-point the trail will disappear, This will make it easy to find the way-points and show the actual distance away from it you are.

Extra: The trail to the way-point will also show up on your mini-map as long as you have it selected.

3 - Mini-map colors and icons

Its also hard to differentiate who is who on a mini-map, An idea I had would be to have each players mini-map icon to be their currently equipped warframes face, It would also copy the players energy color

A really good example would be RazulDarkwood's Warframe tribal drawings, Each mini-map icon would reflect the players warframe helmet.

Link to Razul's tribal drawings:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/122016-my-warframe-tribal-drawings/

This would make it easier to spot certain squad members with a certain warframe and would probably help during a raid mission.

So that's basically all I have thought up for now, If anyone else has more ideas to further improve way-points feel free to post them.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes: Indicate whether something is above or below you. Maybe this could be done with a slight blur on HUD icons: an upward blur (like on a falling object) indicates up, while a downward blur indicates down. This would be especially useful for Archwing.