Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Feeling So Good After Work Today...could Someone Post Something To Cheer Me Up?

GunDownGrace

Okay, I got this: So I work with this guy I call spud. He is hands down the dumbest person I have ever met. Here is just a few of the things he has done in the workplace:

1. One day at the end of the day he left a welder on, I told him to go and turn it off, he was halfway to it and I said to him "don't worry I got this", I made the motion of turning off the welder, and my timing couldn't have been better. One of the boys had flipped off the mains power switch in the back room. Spuds jaw dropped, it took him weeks to figure out what had happened. So many hilarious theories.

2. One day one of the boys was refinning a concrete bowl in the workshop. This guy was a bit of a smartass and he decided to flick a bit of water on poor old spud, (the hose was disconnected but had a few drips left on the handpiece), spud looked around to try and see who did it. Couldn't figure it out so I said to him "roof leaking on ya spud?" He looks up at the roof for about two minutes then looks back and says "naa I don't think so", I say back "of course not, it's not raining outside and it hasn't rained in almost a week!"

3. A couple of months back he was welding (I know, the horror), and he seemed to just stop for about 2-3 minutes, eventually I went over to see what he was up to, he was pulling the trigger of the welder and nothing was coming out, I took a look and he had somehow managed to weld the tip of the welder to itself, so I opened the inside of the wire spool housing and there was a good 10-15 meters of birdsnested wire where the rollers had kept feeding, but the wire wouldn't go down the handpiece. I asked him why he didn't check it, and he was just like "Errrr I thought something wasn't right". Needless to say that was a major facepalm.

4. Last week he was fluffing about by the hydraulic press in the workshop, the hydraulic lines were attached to the pipe bender so he had to switch them over to the press. He was standing by the press for a good 10 minutes trying to plug it in before he came and got me, I come over and ask him "whats wrong with it", and he grabs the two female hydraulic plugs and starts trying to plug them into each other, then he says "it's not plugging in properly". I almost fell over laughing...

5. Today he was cutting grid mesh. The kind that is pressed so that it makes a weave up and down. Any way it comes out slightly warped because that's just what it does. Most people would have put these pieces in a vice and given them a tweak. Spud is not most people. He puts it under the hydraulic press and attempts to straighten it. He ends up crushing it flat. I just shook my head and said to him "what did you think would happen?"

So yeah, at least you don't have to work with that.... I don't know how he still has a job.. hopefully you get a few laughs off it, most of us did at the time.

Okay, I got this: So I work with this guy I call spud. He is hands down the dumbest person I have ever met. Here is just a few of the things he has done in the workplace:

1. One day at the end of the day he left a welder on, I told him to go and turn it off, he was halfway to it and I said to him "don't worry I got this", I made the motion of turning off the welder, and my timing couldn't have been better. One of the boys had flipped off the mains power switch in the back room. Spuds jaw dropped, it took him weeks to figure out what had happened. So many hilarious theories.

2. One day one of the boys was refinning a concrete bowl in the workshop. This guy was a bit of a smartass and he decided to flick a bit of water on poor old spud, (the hose was disconnected but had a few drips left on the handpiece), spud looked around to try and see who did it. Couldn't figure it out so I said to him "roof leaking on ya spud?" He looks up at the roof for about two minutes then looks back and says "naa I don't think so", I say back "of course not, it's not raining outside and it hasn't rained in almost a week!"

3. A couple of months back he was welding (I know, the horror), and he seemed to just stop for about 2-3 minutes, eventually I went over to see what he was up to, he was pulling the trigger of the welder and nothing was coming out, I took a look and he had somehow managed to weld the tip of the welder to itself, so I opened the inside of the wire spool housing and there was a good 10-15 meters of birdsnested wire where the rollers had kept feeding, but the wire wouldn't go down the handpiece. I asked him why he didn't check it, and he was just like "Errrr I thought something wasn't right". Needless to say that was a major facepalm.

4. Last week he was fluffing about by the hydraulic press in the workshop, the hydraulic lines were attached to the pipe bender so he had to switch them over to the press. He was standing by the press for a good 10 minutes trying to plug it in before he came and got me, I come over and ask him "whats wrong with it", and he grabs the two female hydraulic plugs and starts trying to plug them into each other, then he says "it's not plugging in properly". I almost fell over laughing...

5. Today he was cutting grid mesh. The kind that is pressed so that it makes a weave up and down. Any way it comes out slightly warped because that's just what it does. Most people would have put these pieces in a vice and given them a tweak. Spud is not most people. He puts it under the hydraulic press and attempts to straighten it. He ends up crushing it flat. I just shook my head and said to him "what did you think would happen?"

So yeah, at least you don't have to work with that.... I don't know how he still has a job.. hopefully you get a few laughs off it, most of us did at the time.

very good ^-^ all i have to do now when i need to feel happy again is to come to this thread

I've got a bonus too. The last day of work last year. Don't know how I forgot before. Spud was helping the bosses daughter with the BBQ the boss put on for us (he's a good boss), anyways me and the boys were sitting down having a few brews and telling stories, and spud comes over to us, I turned and grabbed the fire extinguisher off the wall and handed it to spud and said "Oh sh*t spud the barbecues on fire", he grabs the extinugisher and runs over to it, the bosses daughter had to stop him. I couldn't believe he fell for it. He came back with the extinguisher and we all laughed at him, then I said to him "tie your laces up before you trip over". He bends over to tie his laces, stands back up and says "Hey!, I'm not wearing laces" (he has slip on boots). He leaves annoyed, the boss comes over to me and says "give him a break, it's the last day", I say to the boss "the worst part isn't that he fell for it, nor that he's never worn lace up boots here, no, the worst part is that I've already got him with that 3 times today!", the boss walked away shaking his head.