Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Un-Banning After Second Incident?

Gryphticon

I'm not banned, my clan mate is.

Here's his quote

the problem is that in there eyes i did because i accidentally loaded up a cheatengine script i'm using for Stardrive to work on my mod that i'm making for that game. so yeah this is twice this has a happened in two days. now i've moved the icon away from the one i was trying to click to turn on my alerts program that monitors for different alerts. the two emblems are the same color and i missclicked but now they have already unbanned me once and said they wouldn't do it again.. maybe i'll get lucky otherwise i'll see you again in 2035!!

There's no point in banning for cheat engine, before the cheat update, my friend which is a programmer tried to hack and the data is clearly in the database. That is for the credits and platinum.

Now for the speed ESP and all that hack S#&$.
It's impossible to hack those with cheat engine, except speed hack, shield and health hacks. Never said Cheat Engine should be removed from the blacklist but:

Please only ban if Cheat Engine changes something in the game, not just loading the game in...

I can no longer have fun with Cheat Engine in S#&$ singleplayers game since I don't want to get banned on Warframe.

This issue must be fixed, it's a major problem. Specially because my clan mate spent 300$ if what he said was right.

He contacted support, that's what he said to me.
Edited by Gryphticon

you gotta figure people who use that stuff would be careful about getting into that situation, twice even.

not trying to place blame or anything. but you are gona have a hell of a time proving anything to any game company on your second strike.

good luck i suppose.

turn that junk off people -_-

Edited by MetalGerbil

Word of advice, be more careful, and there are ways to make mods without Cheat Engine m8y.

.This is an excellent reason for not investing $250 into a single game that is still working out its bugs, thank you gryphticon

He loaded up a hack, and was banned. Not a bug.

Edited by Funnymouth_bluud.com

This needs not be fixed, people need to face their own acts as you clanmate does. Use it at your own risk, you know you shouldn't... if you get banned for it... well, justice is served?

I mean really, twice? What was he trying to do with warframe open AGAIN with cheat engine modding another thing?

Edited by Eisvogel

He loaded up a hack, and was banned. Not a bug.

I think this is aimed at my post ?

If it is.

My reason for posting the support link is that the support people need a good laugh too.

and, if his clanmate really thinks something "wrong" has happended, its support that he needs to talk with.

Its 100% a waste of time to talk about it with his clanmates and/or get clanmates to post stuff about it on the forum.

I think this is aimed at my post ?

If it is.

My reason for posting the support link is that the support people need a good laugh too.

and, if his clanmate really thinks something "wrong" has happended, its support that he needs to talk with.

Its 100% a waste of time to talk about it with his clanmates and/or get clanmates to post stuff about it on the forum.

I wasn't talking to you. My quote got messed up and I'm too lazy/stupid to fix it.

If what's been said is true then it does seem past extreme. This seems to be a problem that support wants to evade by putting the blame on the players. Sure you can say that the person #*($%%@ up, but it's a mistake, and an easy one to make at that. I don't use hacks but I don't think people should get banned for stuff like that.

His clanmate was trying to click on a completely different button and accidentally loaded up Cheat Engine the second time. It's the kind of thing that certainly could happen. It's not a matter of being careful and checking before opening Warframe, it's more a matter of the mouse slipping. I've done it myself (not with Cheat Engine, just with opening the wrong program).

I can totally see how it could happen. I can also see why Warframe support would not unban him the second time. =/ I dunno, I hope it gets sorted out somehow.

How do you miss click to load a program in cheat engine? First you have to open it, then click the program list, get the list of programs, then scroll down and click on the program you want. THEN you have to hit open and select a script to load.

You just can't "accidently" load up a program and then a script in the wrong program. It's just not possible.

If you don't want to get in trouble in online games that check for cheat engine then don't open cheat engine. It's really that simple.

There's no point in banning for cheat engine, before the cheat update, my friend which is a programmer tried to hack and the data is clearly in the database. That is for the credits and platinum.

Erm, no matter how true your story is, I think this point still stands as a reason to keep him banned.

How do you miss click to load a program in cheat engine? First you have to open it, then click the program list, get the list of programs, then scroll down and click on the program you want. THEN you have to hit open and select a script to load.

You just can't "accidently" load up a program and then a script in the wrong program. It's just not possible.

If you don't want to get in trouble in online games that check for cheat engine then don't open cheat engine. It's really that simple.

Can't clicking on the script open up the script in the program that it's written for? It's like if I click on a C++ script. Visual Studio opens up with the script loaded up in it. Or is that not how Cheat Engine works?

Genuinely asking, cause I have no clue.

In this thread I feel old.  I never even thought about cheating my games. 

You know, that may not be entirely a good thing. There's a big difference between having the self control to understand that while you can cheat, it would rob you of the satisfaction of winning, and unquestionably following a set of rules without wondering why they're there.

I'm not going to totally defend the person, but I will say this.

I'm all for anti-cheat measures, and I also have Cheat Engine installed on my system. However, I don't run it at the same time because my icons on my desktop are rather clean and only contain necessary things. The rest reside in the programs menu, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting banned.

However, I do think that just having the client open and not doing anything else is a bit draconian in nature. If its looking for a simple process, and then auto-bans you and you accidentally left it open, say.. after you were done fooling around in another game. You'll get banned simply for just leaving the program on by accident.

I've seen similar topics here, but are buried somewhere.. but one possible thing is to look for memory injections and such, instead of just flat-out banning on the principle a program just happens to be open at the time. It would prevent some false positives that all anti-cheat measures are prone to. I mean, there is no fix-all solution, but I think the current method is.. somewhat draconian than it needs to be to prevent cheating from happening. Grant it, I only play this game with friends, so I don't really have to worry about other players in general.. But I still enjoy this game for what it is either way.

I'm all for anti-cheat measures, and I also have Cheat Engine installed on my system. However, I don't run it at the same time because my icons on my desktop are rather clean and only contain necessary things. The rest reside in the programs menu, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting banned.

Unfortunately, a large portion of readers will now jump on this fact to claim that you are a filthy cheater and deserve to be banned from the internet because there are no legitimate uses for a program capable of modifying other programs.

Personally, I wouldn't mess with any cheat programs if I was planning on playing any online games. It just seems like playing with fire.

(btw, considering this happened twice, your friend doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the chandelier.)

This may just be me, but I wouldn't have anything that could get me banned in ANY game sitting on my desktop. If you are using it for legit purposes, drop the shortcuts in a "Dangerous Stuff" folder and stick that in a corner of your desktop. Bam, easy to access and no way to accidentally get banned. I don't have Cheat Engine or anything but I'll usually do this just to keep a cleaner desktop. Nothing like having all your ASCII Nethack/Dwarf Fortress/Roguelikes etc. games in a single icon on your desktop.

Too late for OP, but if you're in a similar situation I'd recommend it.

Can't clicking on the script open up the script in the program that it's written for? It's like if I click on a C++ script. Visual Studio opens up with the script loaded up in it. Or is that not how Cheat Engine works?

Genuinely asking, cause I have no clue.

Cheat engine is just a data/hex editor. It has no inherit method of doing anything on it's own. If you open the program it will sit there with blanks for everything. Before you can even run a "script" (which in the case of CE is just a list of addresses and values) you have to select a currently running program which is always defaulted to cheat engine itself when launched.

You have to physically click on every step of the program to do anything at all with CE since by itself it's just going to spew up random numbers.

Cheat engine is just a data/hex editor. It has no inherit method of doing anything on it's own. If you open the program it will sit there with blanks for everything. Before you can even run a "script" (which in the case of CE is just a list of addresses and values) you have to select a currently running program which is always defaulted to cheat engine itself when launched.

You have to physically click on every step of the program to do anything at all with CE since by itself it's just going to spew up random numbers.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Edit: I will note that Warframe will ban you for having CE running, though. You don't necessarily have to be using it to do anything.

Edited by Quetzhal

I feel like people see the name "CheatEngine" and jump to conclusions. There are many legitmate uses for the functions the program provides and it's been proven that the program has no effect on Warframe data.

It should be removed from the blacklist. Plain and simple.