Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Un-Banning After Second Incident?

Gryphticon

I'm honestly suprised!

However, I did a little reading on this, I figured I'd check to see what the status is for the various hacking forums across the internet.

While cheat engine is banned. Another, rather commonly used cheating program, is not.

... Which is interesting.

You are surprised their cheat detection goes beyond idetifiying the names of processes?

Damn, and people call me cynical.

Edited by Kishward

Sigh...  I used to god mode / give all almost every single player PC game I owned, because I didn't have allot of time to play things over/fail, etc...  Those big game studio games for $50 a pop, would last me what?  8-12 hours max?  While I see those games like COD and Gears of War to be more like interactive movies, I feel I cheated myself out of gaming experience overall.

After playing Warframe (180 hours logged now) and never cheating I discovered two things...  I don't actually suck all that much and there's really no reason to cheat here.  Failing missions only made me want to get better at the game and play harder.

I don't know about all those "debugging/I'm a programmer, that's why..." posts, but cheating in video games you choose to play is just like lying to yourself.  In the end that truth is emptiness and it's even worse knowing that others are kicking your &#! while not cheating.

Just some food for thought.

I agree with your points, but would also like to add that there is a difference in cheating in an online game and a single player game. Cheating online is just douchebaggery as it has potential to ruin other people's gaming experience. However, I don't see any issues with cheating in single player games, particularly if you already milked all content in the game and getting bored. It's just a way to set new goals and meanings to increase the game's replayability. 

Note to self; type faster next time!

Edited by SymphNo9

You are surprised their cheat detection goes beyong idetifiying the names of processes?

Damn, and people call me cynical.

Well, yeah.

If they have the ability to detect and ban people for interacting with Warframe via CE.

-Why- would they also need to ban people for just running a process with a certain name?

The logic:

Hacka: *hacks*

DE: HEY I CAUGHT U HACKING

Hacka: D; OH NOS, I ONLY HACKED ONCE, PLZ RELEASE MY ACCOUNT, I WONT HACK EVA AGAIN.

DE: HMMM... WE'LL BE NICE SINCE THE GAME IS STILL NEW AND ALL. DONT DO IT AGAIN.. MKS?

Hacka: MKS!

*one day later*

Hacka: oooh ill just leave this hack injector going while i launch warframe, nothing will happen at all...

DE: HEY WHAT U DOING WITH THAT PROGRAM? *bans*

HACKA: NO NO NO......... WHYYYYY I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING BAD WITH IT..... UNBAN ME AGAIN!!! YOU'RE NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO LOOK AT MY COMPUTER! PRIVACY MAN! PRIVACY!!!! EVEN THOUGH I SIGNED AN AGREEMENT THAT ALLOWED YOU TO BE ABLE TO LOOK AT MY COMPUTER!!! I DEMAND MY ACCOUNT BE UNBANNED. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO BAN MY ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH ITS YOUR GAME. NO RIGHTS AT ALL MAN.

I had to do it i'm sorry lol

Edited by xsarahx

Well, yeah.

If they have the ability to detect and ban people for interacting with Warframe via CE.

-Why- would they also need to ban people for just running a process with a certain name?

Because there is zero tolerance for running these programs while Warframe is running.

I think that is pretty clear at this point.

Are people seriously of the opinion that banning people for running a program called "Cheat Engine" is going to stop people intentionally trying to cheat?

I mean, seriously? Like, okay, I know, if it's unguarded, people -could- use it to cheat, but, anyone who is going in with the attitude to cheat this game is either going to do one of the following things.

1: Look up a guide. These will usually contain a program or some sort of bypass for the protection. As it, stands it seems all the current protection does is runs a check for the NAME of the process, you know this is bypassed?

You can rename the process.

Likewise, you can rename your "Paint.exe" process to "Cheatengine" and you will get banned for running paint while warframe is open.

It's a horribly ineffective system, and I honestly can't say if there's even more to it than that.

2: Anyone who is stupid enough to try and cheat with cheatengine, probably isn't smart enough to actually do anything with it, if they're also incapable of figuring that the process interacting with Warframe will get you banned.

Anyone who is in defense of this system is just woefully unaware of how these programs work, and how hacking games in general works. This protection is cheap, it is ineffective and wastes the time of support and utimately costs players.

Even looking at these forums, "I've been banned for leaving cheat engine open" is one of the biggest topics. It's a very common program because it has uses outside of just "Cheating", it's primary function as a cheat engine is horribly ineffective because any game with even the most modest cheat protection, it simply won't work on without some know-how.

It's an extreme minority of malcious players who are honestly launching this game and expecting to get away with running "CheatEngine.exe".

People who are trying to hack games, just don't work like that, for the most part, they fall into a group called "Script Kiddies", (Actual term) which is basically just people who go to the various cheating websites on the internet, download somebody else's work and use that to cheat.

The people who make these hacks are very capable of bypassing a simple "If running process X, Ban" style protection, and the current system is woefully incapable of protecting against that and is just far too trigger happy with legitmate players.

Please, if you're going to take a side in this, actually educate yourself on the reality of the situation. If you're honestly going into this discussion thinking that there's some large group of cheaters using "CheatEngine" and are being thwarted by this system, you're just wrong.

Someone should get on a dummy account, rename cheatengine process and snapshot both it and Warframe running at the same time.

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

IF YOU CHANGE THE CHEAT ENGINE PROCESS NAME(LOOK UP HOW ON BING), YOU SHALL GET AWAY WITH CHEATING IN OTHER GAMES WHILE  WARFRAME IS OPEN, HELL YOU CAN A STILL USE IT TO CHEAT IN WARFRAME IF IT'S ACTUALLY POSSIBLE.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

Because there is zero tolerance for running these programs while Warframe is running.

I think that is pretty clear at this point.

But, as we've proved with all of these threads.

That's horribly ineffective and is wasting support's time and costing players.

So, again.

What -good- reason is there for banning people running a process when your already have measures to stop people directly hacking the game?

And you're a fool that cannot recognize mistakes can be made.

And you're a fool that cannot recognise that one should have learned from the first mistake to not have something called "CheatEngine" running the next time they play Warframe. CONSIDERING THEY GOT BANNED FOR IT THE FIRST TIME.

Seriously, How many chances do people want these days. You got banned for running a cheat program, which DE told you not to do. Suck it up and deal with it, your own stupidity caused this.

Someone should get on a dummy account, rename cheatengine process and snapshot both it and Warframe running at the same time.

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

IF YOU CHANGE THE CHEAT ENGINE PROCESS NAME(LOOK UP HOW ON BING), YOU SHALL GET AWAY WITH CHEATING IN OTHER GAMES AND LEAVE IT OPEN WHILE PLAYING WARFRAME, HELL YOU CAN A STILL USE IT TO CHEAT IN WARFRAME IF IT'S ACTUALLY POSSIBLE.

I think somebody already did.

It bypasses the name-check, but, there's a process after that which will probably get you.

So, again.

What -good- reason is there for banning people running a process when your already have measures to stop people directly hacking the game?

I'm glad we got past the "it's in the EULA!" and the "never believe the hacker!" arguments, and got to the "is it really necessary?" question

So, again.

The reason is to teach you a lesson to not hack the game. There ya go.

So, again.

I don't see how it's not a good reason as is. It covers all the bases. If someone is able to mask CE's (or whatever program) interaction with Warframe, circumventing the more "advanced" detection than perhaps the fall-back detection of process names will catch it?

I'm sure there are many scenarios that basic level of detection are not needed but I'm for making it as difficult as possible to cheat at online games.

Their rule is really quite simple to follow, and they have proven to be lenient with first offenders so why is more protection a hinderance to honest players?

I think somebody already did.

It bypasses the name-check, but, there's a process after that which will probably get you.

Does this process involving using it or having it open? If using it, does it only involve using it for Warframe only?

And you're a fool that cannot recognise that one should have learned from the first mistake to not have something called "CheatEngine" running the next time they play Warframe. CONSIDERING THEY GOT BANNED FOR IT THE FIRST TIME.

Seriously, How many chances do people want these days. You got banned for running a cheat program, which DE told you not to do. Suck it up and deal with it, your own stupidity caused this.

Well, I suppose people NEVER make mistakes more then once. Just isn't possible for humans.

I don't see how it's not a good reason as is. It covers all the bases. If someone is able to mask CE's (or whatever program) interaction with Warframe, circumventing the more "advanced" detection than perhaps the fall-back detection of process names will catch it?

I'm sure there are many scenarios that basic level of detection are not needed but I'm for making it as difficult as possible to cheat at online games.

Their rule is really quite simple to follow, and they have proven to be lenient with first offenders so why is more protection a hinderance to honest players?

You're simply unaware how this works.

That's really all there is to it.

Its not an advanced system.

It's a name check. There is no situation wherein it would catch somebody who would not be caught by the next process.

That's simply not how it works.

Should have learnt your lesson the first time.

Also, just because there may be some legitimate uses for a program that doesn't mean it is being used legitimately.

Guess everyone is as perfect as you who NEVER makes mistakes more than once.

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

IF YOU CHANGE THE CHEAT ENGINE PROCESS NAME(LOOK UP HOW ON BING), YOU SHALL GET AWAY WITH CHEATING IN OTHER GAMES WHILE  WARFRAME IS OPEN, HELL YOU CAN A STILL USE IT TO CHEAT IN WARFRAME IF IT'S ACTUALLY POSSIBLE.

Let this be known all across the space time continuum.

You're simply unaware how this works.

That's really all there is to it.

Its not an advanced system.

It's a name check. There is no situation wherein it would catch somebody who would not be caught by the next process.

That's simply not how it works.

No, that's no all there is to it.

You are saying the system only works one way. I am saying to cover all the possible scenarios as to make it more difficult to cheat.

I just laid out a possible scenario that would theoretically negate the "next process" but be caught by a simple name check.

A blunder for the would be cheater, for sure, but it doesn't change the outcome.

Either way neither of us know what exactly is happening under the hood, so please do not talk down to people like you actually do.