Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overral Ideas/suggestions For Future! Devs Come Here :)

Yesodjun

I wrote alot of things before watching the last livestream, I´m trying to give ideas in harmony with DE plan, but most of it it´s for future, especially the PvP ones(I love the PvE, and it´s getting better and better!, but as they said a lot of people is waiting PvP, and my goal is to assist in that)

About PvP

*Sure as most say current Warframes are not balanced for PvE, but we are going to try that on dojos but IF don´t work well..  I have a simple and interesting solution, and i will call that Dojoframe. So the idea of Dojoframes is: they are all equal, they are one, same shield/run/armor/skill possibilities what will change will be the build that the player will do. About the skills it´s the player that chooses them(max 2?) so you create a few similar PvE skills that are not Overpowered(like stunlocking,immunity) example slash dash, shock/fireball, contagion, pull, all balanced, not hard these one. (Stalker a rogue Dojoframe? He was an experiment, this why he´s overpowered)

*Also for weapons, 1 kind of longsword, 1 two-handed , 1 knife, etc. 

*But besides the build every Tenno/Dojoframe will look the same? No, there we come with style, you can release tons of armor, helms, weapons skins with minor or no alteration in stats at all. So we duel with style, and we love that. If you have Loki you can use Loki skin, have Rinho? Use Rinho skin, but also many new custons skins)

*For no Lore breaking all these PvP will be friendly, non-lethal, I was thinking like you before watching livestream, all In Clan, like samurais training that do their friendly duel with non lethal weapons. Incentivating the sociabilization of the game and groups. Maybe for the future of the future a Clan x Clan friendly Tournament, with a new rank name Champion(designed for the chosen PvP player of the clan) a Tournament of the best Champions(or PvP Tennos) of the world live? Wow xP I would pay just for watch.

*Relaxing Duel places like Garden arena, Mountain, Waterfall(even if it is a virtual projection)

Dojo ideas:

I praticed martial arts alot of years also and I know how train can be fun and rewarding, and mixing that with games maybe blow peoples mind. I think you already have some ideas for that but I will pass a exotic one, do you know Kata/Kati? Sorry if you know but Its the air training movement, like puching/kicking the the air, but it feels more like art and dance sometimes, you could add that like a MINI-GAME(press 1-2-3-4 in the right time, or me me on controll X-A-B-Y, in dojos for small amounts of exp, yes, maybe don´t tennos born knowing how to fight, but the dojo open these possibilities to lore so we can fell and see they learning, also Ice breaking(another mini game to repeatly smash button faster as u can) and wooden dummy examples:

*Kata2:

*Wooden Dummy(higly recommended):

*Ice break: Edit: replaced with actual game example 

Simple mini-games, small XP(possibilitie) but this could add such a immersion and fun for the clan/dojo ^^

Stealth:

Should be more rewarding(both credits and resources after mission) than gun´blazing cause it requires more perception and patience(IMO) incentivating the players to try, and maybe some stealth only missions that if they sound the alarm it´s fail and you have to restart or run back(keep the mods)

A possibility to turn off the enery/lights to Cloak´n Dagger in the dark, nightvision included? =D

Misc:

I heard Steve talking about kind of medieval weapons, my last idea is about this, add some more unconventional weapons, not everyone want fireweapons like grinners and want alternatives(and you can see that by how much players uses Paris) like medieval, crossbow, trowing weap, cyber-slings(with magnetic slugs, tripy but It´s a idea) as also relative to magic(but with futuristic feel) like energy gloves that you shot energy balls like hadoukens/kamehamehaa kind of thing(badass this one) we are cyber-space-ninjas aren´t we xP, and last.. Venom/poison/acid Element giving damage overtime instead of pike like others. Fits game very very well, also for stealth putting in silent weapons.. "that lone grinner who was running but felt in the way trying to ring the alarm, by the deadly poison"

I think all major things are here, other crazy ones are like flourescent colors and a warframe with cycoples eye beam power, hahahh :)

I really apreciate this game already and still there is soo much potential!

Edited by RainbowDjinn

I...

ugh

ew.

Gross.

What if instead of adding randum buzz words and overcomplicating things, you don't?

oh, and as for quick time event combo move THINGS...

No

Just no

Ever.

no matter what.

This is not Devil may cry.

If you want Devil may cry;

go play Devil may cry.

Also, why are the linguistic skills of this forum so lacking?

PvP is not being changed. It will be exactly the same stats as PvE gear, Steve was pretty emphatic about that in the livestream.

The combo idea would detract from the constantly moving fast-pace the devs want, hence no cover mechanics for Tenno.

Stealth will be improved, it's just not a massive priority right now.

Throwing weapons should be coming in update 8 as secondaries, other weapons will no doubt follow.

I...

ugh

ew.

Gross.

What if instead of adding randum buzz words and overcomplicating things, you don't?

oh, and as for quick time event combo move THINGS...

No

Just no

Ever.

no matter what.

This is not Devil may cry.

If you want Devil may cry;

go play Devil may cry.

Also, why are the linguistic skills of this forum so lacking?

Devil May Cry? Nuts...

Also English it´s not my native lenguage, do you even know how to speak Portuguese? Show me how well you speak my lenguage than you can judge me, you ignorant.

PvP is not being changed. It will be exactly the same stats as PvE gear, Steve was pretty emphatic about that in the livestream.

The combo idea would detract from the constantly moving fast-pace the devs want, hence no cover mechanics for Tenno.

Stealth will be improved, it's just not a massive priority right now.

Throwing weapons should be coming in update 8 as secondaries, other weapons will no doubt follow.

Yes mate, so remeber in the begining of the post saying IF the actual PvP system not work.

And about the combo it´s not in combat, its IN DOJO TRAINING, I think you both didnt understand that or read too fast.

Devil May Cry? Nuts...

Also English it´s not my native lenguage, do you even know how to speak Portuguese? Show me how well you speak my lenguage than you can judge me, you ignorant.

Como é isso?

Acredite ou não, não é difícil de falar bem outro idioma.

Anyway, as for your comment about your aforementioned "Combos" being "only in training"

I find it difficult to start listing all the reasons that's stupid.

that said;

Why do we need a "Dojo training"?

Why would said "Dojo training" have combo moves not present in the game?

What does this add to warframe appart from making it your personal wet dream?

Why would this be worth the time, effort and money it would take to program.

Training would need to give a worthy reward but DE isn't planning on making additional hand to hand combat skills.

I think having high tech buildings in the dojo would fit warframe better. Like a training dummy that outputs the damage you do on it when using a clip of the grakata. That's for people like me who is interested in seeing dps and stuff like that.

Edited by Stygi

@NotaCobra

Hahahah dude, I´m not going to debate with you, the only thing I will say every ****** game in this world came from someones dream, singular/grupal/global don´t matter, including this one otherwise people would have no reason create/play a game, not without a inner will, a inner dream to felling being that or being there.

And we don´t need trainning really, it´s a idea for immersion. Also we don´t need sentinels we can finish mission alone, we don´t need being online we could finish mission solo, we don´t need colors and skins we can be all white and black and use same model, we don´t need more weapons we can kill everyone with the ones we already have, we don´t need melee and powers we can use only guns. I think I gave the example, we don´t need alot of things, but it´s the detais, creative and immersive stuff that makes things FUN.

@Stygi

=/ yeah.. the training idea it´s not hard, it´s easy actually, it´s like the bare handed/sword or any weapon attack sequence but instead of using a single button you use like 4 buttons/keys in the right time, and the sequence keep repeating harder and harder, also faster, just this. Like guitar hero, and the Ice breaking thing even easier. watch it bro:

"I'm not going to debate with you, but here is my debate"

You realise that's what you just did yeah?

You can't say "I'm not going to have an argument" then try and get the last word, that's not how it works.

Furthermore, you say that training isn't needed, then compare it to things like skins and recolours and sentinels.

A skin allows a player to make the game uniquely theirs, while having no direct effect on gameplay, skins, remodels and recolours are relatively easy to make and add a lot to the game.

Sentinels help in a variety of situations, while again not being difficult to program. They add to the game, they improve it and they open up entire new aspects of gameplay within the current structure.

Multiplayer coop is the way this game was designed, for one, some missions are virtually impossible to complete in solo, even with fully modded out gear. What's more, it's fundamental for making this game enjoyable and allows for greater distance in defence missions. It adds to the game.

The training mode you're suggesting is an entirely new gamemode.

It's not some easy, fun addition to the existing game, it's something completely new and stupidly tacky.

It's not an addition to improve and support the existing gamemode, in fact it takes time and effort AWAY from the actual game, in the name of some pointless idea sticky taped to something much better.

It's not "creative immersive stuff" it's "Distracting, resource consuming, pointless, antifun stuff"

If you can't see the difference, then there's no helping you.

@NotaCobra

You are just mistaking by ONE thing, all this last post except the beginning that I must say you are right  "I'm not going to debate with you, but here is my debate"

Your mistake is: That´s your point of view, I can tell you at least 3 different points of viewing about what you just said, about skins, sentinels and training, that´s your idea and vision about this, there is hunderds of others. The world do not talk one lenguage, people don´t have same color, same size, same voice, and don´t have same ideas. People are different, your idea about training is alot diferent than mine, you have total right to speak about your view but DON´T try to make me see as you see, and don´t try to tell your vision is the CORRECT because there is no right or wrong in this world, there is different manners of looking at things. Some sees green some sees yeallow, and no one is better than other.

I still think it´s a cool idea, if tou do no share this, no problem, others I know that share. I won´t tell you i´m right but you grow up and do the same.

Edited by RainbowDjinn

Blah blah blah, I put shoes on my hands and laugh.

That's not acceptable logic when forming an argument for a suggestion for an existing game.

If you want a melee training martial arts studio, then fine, go make a game about it.

If that's the sort of game you want, lots of games exist with that premise.

Warframe isn't one of them.

Some people really like farmville and casual games, does that mean warframe should have crops you can harvest every day and other people's farms you can go visit?

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's a good one.

Edited by NotaCobra

I'm no guru, but I don't think the game mechanics lend themselves to PVP all that well. DE should focus on PVE and make it better.

Here's my wishlist.

-Ability to "downgrade" mods, even temporarily (once upgraded of course) so we can mess around with various combinations instead of cluttering our mod pool with duplicates at varying ranks.

-Incentive to use abilites 1/2/3 rather than the current scenario of Ultis or nothing. This probably applies more to AoE ultis more than anything else. It doesn'tfeel "right" to spam Overload and Overload alone in a mobile defense mission.

-Baking health and energy regen into warframes. Hear me out. At the very least it should in theory, encourage people to use weapon amps? Or maybe it's only me.

That's not acceptable logic when forming an argument for a suggestion for an existing game.

If you want a melee training martial arts studio, then fine, go make a game about it.

If that's the sort of game you want, lots of games exist with that premise.

Warframe isn't one of them.

Some people really like farmville and casual games, does that mean warframe should have crops you can harvest every day and other people's farms you can go visit?

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's a good one.

As I said, never said it´s a good one, it´s simple mine, you have yours, dosen´t mean your good/bad or better, it´s simple yours. I read a bit your topic some things I agree others not, that dosen´t mean your ideas are bad, ur unique as everyone is, and the ideas are yours, maybe you agree with me about this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/10019-custom-warframe-shard/ what do you say bro?

I'm no guru, but I don't think the game mechanics lend themselves to PVP all that well. DE should focus on PVE and make it better.

Here's my wishlist.

-Ability to "downgrade" mods, even temporarily (once upgraded of course) so we can mess around with various combinations instead of cluttering our mod pool with duplicates at varying ranks.

-Incentive to use abilites 1/2/3 rather than the current scenario of Ultis or nothing. This probably applies more to AoE ultis more than anything else. It doesn'tfeel "right" to spam Overload and Overload alone in a mobile defense mission.

-Baking health and energy regen into warframes. Hear me out. At the very least it should in theory, encourage people to use weapon amps? Or maybe it's only me.

Maybe you right dude, we going to see that very soon :)

And I competly agree with energy regen, warframe should be self-powered. Of couse balanced regen.

Edited by RainbowDjinn

Here's my wishlist.

Well the last livestream said that they were planning to put a downgrade system in, it'll be expensive for you to use in terms of credits but it's coming.

I think that the powers issue is a matter of balancing and they have said they'll be adding optional powers later (I think)

There are artifacts that do this already so I imagine mods that do so will come eventually.