Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Form Of Kick For Inactivity [Leecher Problem]

GloriousYellowEmperor

Hi guys!
So in the past few days of Mobile Defense Pubs, I've noticed an increase in people that will fight until you get into the room where all the magic happens, and then they just...stand there. For the next 10-15 minutes as the rest of the team kills S#&$. Just leaves their character there. Was so obviously afk it hurt. I assume they just leave their computer, as not of these people has gone to extraction with us. Now I'm a fan of pubs and meeting new people, but leechers aren't something I'm a fan of in any game. If I'm doing all the work, I don't want that guy who went to go make himself a sandwich getting all the credit for it too. I don't care if your frame is level 1 or your gun is level 1 or whatever, just participate and I'll be happy. Because sometimes mobile defense isn't that easy, and that 1 guy being afk could mean the difference between winning and being steamrolled by...rollers.

TLDR: Been noticing an increase in leechers who afk. Not cool for games where you need every man you can get.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with this?

Now I know a lot of you will just say DON'T PLAY PUBS but I don't feel like that just solves the problem, it avoids it.

I think there should be a kick timer for inactivity when you're actively in-mission. It may not make him fight, but it'll make him actually have to be at that computer to "strategically afk" during the mobs, in which case he might as well fight.

Thanks for your time!

This has been suggested, and there is a much larger topic on it somewhere. I believe a report system would be better, if reported often enough people could be unable to join a group for 1-2 hours. Could also allow reporting of other issues, such as language, and allow groups to check the report before starting.

IF they do allow a kick vote system, they would need to activate it only after X time of innactivity, or it would be abused. Even with that, it could be abused.

EDIT: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/124-kick-vote-system/

Edited by liavalenth

Yeah very carefull with abuse cause then players will start the guy who pressed the elevator button before, the guy who did not revive you in time, the guys who is behind the guy who is rushing the guy who don´t speak your lenguage, the low level dude, that kind of thing, lol.

I think a vote kick system is ok, but I was thinking more along the lines of a "player timed out" kind of thing. If you're in game for 5 minutes and haven't bothered to press a button it should force-abort the mission for that person.

What if you are not in a pug and someone needs to use the restroom, or something else comes up. Everyone in the group is fine with it, but an auto-abort would kick them instantly. A vote occuring when this happens would prevent this problem.

What if you are not in a pug and someone needs to use the restroom, or something else comes up. Everyone in the group is fine with it, but an auto-abort would kick them instantly. A vote occuring when this happens would prevent this problem.

Good idea bro. Happens to me a lot so an auto-kick is my worst nightmare.

Ah, sorry, I guess I didn't express that thought completely.

I only think this should apply to pubs: if you're playing a public game, I don't really want you deciding to piss while I kill Krill for you, and then you can come back and pick up the BPs that drop.

With friends you understand what's going on usually, but in a Public game there should be some understanding that the only reason we're in here together is to cooperate and finish the objective, and not for one guy who doesn't know you to do all your work for you.

Sorry if english is bad hangover is killing me

votekick abuse you say - permabanned Loki and Banshee XD

LOOK! HE'S PLAYING LOKI - DAMN RUSHER! *KICK*

OMG! DAMN BANSHEE SPAMMING SQ! STEALING ALL "MY" KILLS *KICK*

Bring on the mobs!

As someone who likes those two frames the most I feel somewhat targeted :P

Yet I don't really rush, even if I don't pick up every single thing and one-shot most enemies because I have good weapons.

I had an idea about serversplit-voting, although it suffers from the same mob-mentality problem it's somewhat kinder.

If a player feels that someone is causing grief they can start a "serversplit-vote".

The player would invite those he/she wished to continue with to a "copy game". The invited players could then choose to either join or stay.

If the host joins the inviter the other players gets the same kind of thing that happens with server transfer if the host leaves.

Otherwise this happens to the vote-starter.

This would save people from joining ?-alerts and getting kicked after the time has expired to rejoin.

If a player feels that someone is causing grief they can start a "serversplit-vote".

The player would invite those he/she wished to continue with to a "copy game". The invited players could then choose to either join or stay.

If the host joins the inviter the other players gets the same kind of thing that happens with server transfer if the host leaves.

Otherwise this happens to the vote-starter.

This would save people from joining ?-alerts and getting kicked after the time has expired to rejoin.

This would be effectively the same. 3 people would leave to a new session and 1 person would be soloing something they probably would not be capable of soloing.

This is using the same mechanic and calling it something different. While people may like it more, it has the same problems.

EDIT: I want to reiterate my idea, report system. Can't kick someone, but could prevent others from sharing the same fate, and gives people a reason to not do this.

Edited by liavalenth

This would be effectively the same. 3 people would leave to a new session and 1 person would be soloing something they probably would not be capable of soloing.

This is using the same mechanic and calling it something different. While people may like it more, it has the same problems.

It would suffer from the same issues with kicking people you don't like, this is true. The main thing would be that progress wouldn't be lost and that others could join the games.

The problem with your idea is that it isn't direct, I have nothing against it, don't get me wrong. But if there was a report-system that would be pretty much like the "negative post" on forums. People that exited a game but forgot to leave the group would be reported. Though you may feel that in doing so they had themselfes to blame. If you really wanted to be an &#! about it you could just join someones lobby, start a game and then while that "friend" was afk he/she would be reported.

This is extreme and stupid...but unfourtunatley so are some players :(

It is a somewhat better mid-result but it lacks in short term use.

I actually have never had a situation that somebody needed to be kicked or anything like that. In activity does not hurt the game unless its a defense mission. 1 time a guy had to take a call in a defense mission but he mentioned right away and he was back within a minute or 2.