Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosts...

Haserath

I'd like to suggest some way to measure hosts and prevent the bad ones from hosting games. I just came out of one that was so bad, I'd walk through laser protected doorways; pretty much a second or two or 5 of lag and jumpiness galore.

Wouldn't it be easy to have an automatic benchmark run at the start to measure the CPU and network then shut it off for poor ones? It would only have to be for the first startup.

Is the lag really just latency from a far away host? Usually there would be lag compensation and it would actually be playable.

I've had at least 10% of games have noticably bad lag.

They mentioned of some sort of fix due to "Good Guy Gavin" in the livestream. Not sure whether it will fix the 'broken' rooms where you can't take damage and everything happens at a 1 frame a minute, but it sounds like they will have mended the rooms where items drop slowly and Glaives barely. Of course, this will come with Update 8 and most likely respond in the next livestream.

I would like the game to measure players' internet speed when they connect to a game. (Only briefly, nothing big) If the game is just about to begin, choose the player with most available bandwidth as the host. If a player joins in progress and has sufficient internet while the current host is below 1/1 Mbps, the game would swap host then and there.

Most hosts are simply using too much of their bandwidth on other things or they don't have good enough connection in the first place.

Edited by 3ventic