Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updates Are Slow - Everything Warframe Related Slow.

BluPup

This began yesterday and I can almost completely confirm it's not on my end. My game decided to download the latest hotfix yesterday as per usual. What was not usual however was it downloading at 12 BYTES per second, maxing out at 2 Kilobytes per second. Naturally I figured it was my internet, however every site OTHER than warframe site and the warframe forums loaded perfectly.

I cleaned my cache, verified game files, disabled 64 bit and aggressive downloading, disabled router firewall, windows firewall, and anti-virus firewall. I've verified through steam, stopped every other stream in the house, ran tracert's, changed dns servers... everything. Today the same thing is happening again. Now I don't have Google Fiber or anything like that but my net's not too bad (30mbps down, 3mbps up), and it's solid.

To top it all off and the reason I'm reporting this is that I just went to download the standalone client. Warframe site loaded slower than usual and the game client is downloading at a maximum of 12kbps. I thought this was weird so I double checked by trying to download an iso of ubuntu and sure enough the ubuntu download went at the regular 1.2MB/s. I'm not sure if this is an issue anyone else is having, but I can't actually play the game as it stands right now. If there's any additional information needed I would be more than happy in providing it as not being able to fix this is driving me up the wall.

[edit 1]

I'm including my launcher.log and EE.log. Since Warframe is still in the process of trying to update constantly they may be somewhat incomplete, however after giving them a once over I think it should still help.

LAUNCHER.LOG

http://pastebin.com/vLukZFbH

EE.LOG

http://pastebin.com/fqKvjmd8

[edit 2]

Download finished and after clicking the "I Agree" on the ToS It went to download more, this time the files are downloading at a reasonable (yet still somewhat slower) speed of 128kbps, after hitting 50% ish it then drops down to 6kbps. I swear this feels like a server issue, but I can't confirm it.

[edit 3]

I'm now able to play, however I'm fairly certain this issue will likely persist. I'm attaching the full logs now after I've successfully logged in.

LAUNCHER.LOG

http://pastebin.com/6xqPUkrT

EE.LOG

http://pastebin.com/SNfh6dHh

As said previously I'm 99.99999% certain this is not an issue on my end, at least not locally on my end. Hopefully these logs help pinpoint this issue.

[edit 4 | 3/31/15]

Started up the launcher earlier and was able to download two patches at 2MB/s. Everything was smooth. Hopefully this issue has been ironed out. If not I will update again later with more.

Edited by BluPup

hmm ok.. just download the hotfix and wait for it to be downloading, even if it takes long you can do something else under that time.

I can wait but I shouldn't have to. I can understand a reasonable throttle so that bandwidth is distributed equally and I can understand slower download during hotfix and content update deployments, however this is happening at neither of those times and continues to happen outside of peak usage hours.

Also, if my estimates are correct - it could well take over 3 days to download an update that would normally take me 3 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an issue that is still prevalent. It happens about 4/5 times I try to update. 

Every firewall is off, every port mentioned in relation to warframe is open. Every site other than warframe.com, forums.warframe.com, and content.warframe.com load fine. I've used every DNS known to mankind. Tried optimizing and verifying cache. Even tried switching routers - even tried using my 4G connection -ALL to no avail. 

Is there any possible way this could be looked into? I swear it's a failing sever. 

Update 16.3

Experienced very slow update/download speed. down to 2kbps. then after the Update i am now stuck at CHECKING FOR NEW CONTENT. TrIed disabling firewall and Antivirus, Tried changing Warframe launcher settings. But still Stuck. At this point i dont know what to do anymore.

Even me in Update 16.3 i cant play warframe im stuck at checking new content and i thought it finish but instead Update failed :( Ive been trying verfying cache, Disable the Antivirus and restarting my computer since morning but still launcher failed and now its night here still cant play T^T...  

I Dont even know what im doing im addicted in warframe. imagine if you cant play warframe during the day D: and this is major let down of my most favorate GAme 

Edited by Alpha_A8

I even talked to support about this and got no help.  Please try doing a traceroute to warframe.

Go to the start menu, type "cmd" into the search, and open it up. Type the following: tracert warframe.com

I get SERIOUS issues with this.

http://puu.sh/hdhhJ/cd203c13d8.png

But the content server that support told me to try a tracert to doesn't have any issues at all.