Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea to add a different jump/smash attack to 2 handed weapons

Enfo

Since swords already have an area attack which affects everything around you, i was thinking that maybe there should be a different type to 2 handed weapons like the newly added hammer and axe.

Instead of hitting everything around you, it will either hit everything in a big cone in front of you, or in a long line in front of you. This does not only bring some diversity, but also opens up to new ways of putting melee weapons into use.

Any thoughts?

You mean like some kind of pressure wave boosting forward hitting anyone that stands in front of you?

If that`s the case then i think it`s a great idea.

But wouldn`t it be a problem that it can become spammable, i mean with the aoe attack you can hit some enemies around you and when they are dead you need to run towards a new enemy to use this attack again and get some damage, but with this new kind of attack you would be able to stand in one spot spamming this attack over and over again because when the enemy in front of you is dead you just need to turn 180 degrees or something to kill the second enemy without having to run at him.

You mean like some kind of pressure wave boosting forward hitting anyone that stands in front of you?

If that`s the case then i think it`s a great idea.

But wouldn`t it be a problem that it can become spammable, i mean with the aoe attack you can hit some enemies around you and when they are dead you need to run towards a new enemy to use this attack again and get some damage, but with this new kind of attack you would be able to stand in one spot spamming this attack over and over again because when the enemy in front of you is dead you just need to turn 180 degrees or something to kill the second enemy without having to run at him.

It could be something that you had to charge up to prevent spamming. Making it as fast as swords would be a bad idea.

hammer i can se as a radial blast type shockwave its appropriate for the 2h hammer but as for the axe well that should be a more virtical hack on to a single target also riseing melee attacks should be put in when riseing from a "crash" attack or being knocked down by hitting the melee key