The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Level Melee Effectivness ?

Ganwybas

Hello everyone!

I try shortly as i can.

In game mobs are represent from 1-55 lvl So!

General idea consists in the fact that the level of opponents and weapon damage together with mods,is not comparable. The blades are simply not effective on mobs higher than 27lvl.

Suffer particularly badly weapons such as knives , long swords. Less all heavy weapons and dual swords.

Max lvl improved blade with all maximally improved mods just not strong enough to keep the player.

What are the results.

Strong blows and convergence with light armor target higher that 27lvl devoid of sense,because they do not die of 1 a strong blow. With heavy armored target and more because light enemies what you cant fast kill support them. (with common strike more badly situation is  too much time spending to kill ich one)

(and dont forget,what you open to enemies fire,then close to melee fight)

It is easier to use weapons and kill at a distance.

The only sensible thing - players regardless of the style and pick up heavy weapons neglecting the others.

DAMAGE is NOT ENOUGH categorically.

Therefore, I suggest:

1) increase the limit of max improvments of the mods for swords

2) raise a little the base damage of all weapons

3) reduce the time of a severe blow to all weapons

And of course all of this with the observance of the balance of the weapon ,to which now fall short of swords.

Edited by JDante

I agree that melee needs an all around buff to be viable late game. I also think that certain fast weapons (Fang, daggers etc.) need to be buffed in addition on normal hits (ie: non charged attacks) to be viable. As it stands (most) people only look at charge damage when picking weapons, and that is fine for heavy 2-handers. For faster weapons several normal strikes should be just as viable against a single target as a charge attack from a heavy 2-hander is.

As it stands pretty much neither slow heavy hitters or fast light hitters work very well into late game compared to guns, but fast weapons are at an even greater disadvantage.