Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[Controller] Tapping Crouch Makes You Roll

StealthDragoon

Not really a game-breaking bug, more of an issue that could be easily fixed/added.

Like the title says, when I use a controller and try to quickly slide like I do with keyboard, the character will just roll in the aimed direction.  It's like I have to hold Crouch for 1 second to initiate Sliding and it screws with my timing that I've learned with keyboard.

Why is the Roll function secretly merged with Hold to Crouch function when the Sprint/Roll function is there to do that? Why can I customize the Roll function with the keyboard and not with controller?

This is also interfering with coptering and Slide-Jumps. I tried following some high MR people online and nope.... I just keep fumbling over and I get out-coptered.

Before I start searching for it forever, is there an INI file I can tweak to remove the Roll out of the Crouch function for controllers?

Thanks in advance for the help.

This is always the problem with porting a PC game to a console or playing a KB+Mouse game with a controller. If the game was not designed with a controller in mind there are always problems like having too few buttons at your disposal and too many needed buttons so using multi-function buttons is a must in that situation (If you think this is bad look at Mass Effect's Space bar functions), Just be a little patient because they continuously make changes to the Controller layout.

It did not used to be like this, but after a certain patch it's been consistent.

Really wish they would fix it. Sometimes I just wanna kick back and relax with a controller.

Why would they want controller users to be less glitchcore than keyboard users? In the end, I'm sure most people just stop using controller. Don't get me started on some parts of the UI that can't be used with controller at all.