Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Alert Suggestion

YummyBubbles

So I was lucky enough to get into warframe during the closed beta, and unfortunately haven't had the spending money to become a founder. If the day comes that I can afford it, it's not even a decision, I'm there. All in All, a great game with a lot of potential, at least in my opinion.

That being said, I want to suggest a special alert:

So the point of the game is a ninja-like, team-based war being fought against corpus, infested and the such, but once you unlock a planet and it's levels, it doesn't matter what you may or may not do, or even how often those planets are played, they stay unlocked (at least as far as i've seen. My suggestion, let the other factions fight back for the planets.

I purpose a special alert last 48-72 hours, much like the fusion moa event last weekend, called something like "survival". It'd be a high level planet alert (i.e. pluto), where much like endless defense you survive through waves of enemies. The twist, is that you can't opt out after 5-10-15 levels, you have to survive all 80-100+ waves, including a boss wave at the end, obviously this would give a special reward. The twist is instead of defending an object, the game ends when either you complete all the waves, or the enemy is wiped out. Once an instance is started with a full team, noone can join later on. so pick your team wisely.

Upside to the event, instead of a 4 person team, it would feature a 6-8-10 person team, and the rewards would be much greater at the end. Plus with so many enemies, more chances for mod drops ^_^

Downside, since more people would be involved, the waves of enemies would come in much greater numbers, the battles would become more grueling, and it would require far more thought towards team builds and tactics for the map.

The end result would be either a team survives the waves and completes the event, holding off the invasion. Or the invading army wipes out all who challenge them and the planets levels need to be unlocked once again starting from it's entry point (i.e. venus, jupiter, earth, etc.).

The whole idea for this is while it's been fun to fight against the game to win over the planets, I've yet to really feel like the game is fighting back, especially after hours of farming runs for materials.

Fight for the solar system, fight for the planets, and keep them under the watchful eyes of the tenno. Or simply ignore the fight and let the corpus and grineer take it all back. Your choice ^_^

Let the war truly begin XD

Edited by Codekid

The twist, is that you can't opt out after 5-10-15 levels, you have to survive all 40-50 waves, including a boss wave at the end

Let the war/pain truly begin XD

Yikes. This would be...interesting.

And very horribly painful

I'm sure it'd be quite fun, the more the merrier. Though the group size increased have been suggested several times before and it's been said that the biggest downside would be the lag caused by hosts' connection since it's p2p.

I hope they'll have some dedicated servers at some point, even if its only for a certain type of game modes such as this, and even if there's a queue time, it'd be ideal then. Still though, who knows, it might work for some, so why not.

Well BSB clan made it to wave 80 just recently. So I think even if DE considered your idea, they would probably still stick with 4 player teams since going to wave 50 with just 4 people is now feasible (with teamwork).

I'm not sure if i was 100% clear, but I was only really envisioning this on planets like pluto, eris, and possibly sedna, so that newcomers, while having fun watching the event pass, wouldn't get caught in the cross-fire.

As for the lag issue..........well...........I have no suggestions XD. Lets hope dedicated servers come soon ^_^.

As far as the "pain" comment goes, it's really not as possibly annoyingly hard as it sounds. There's enough high level clans at this point that I'm sure any number of them could clear the event at only 40-50 waves, and in my head only one-five runs total dependent on the time limit would have to be cleared before the planet would be safe from invasion (although the event would persist until the end of the time limit). So while it would provide a higher degree of difficulty above defense missions, it's gains a tactical advantage over player placement seeing as you wouldn't have to be defending anything.

well......except your lives. MUAHAHAHAHA!

• 4 weeks later...