Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Platinum (Must Read)

SkipToDeath

It has been more than a week since I played WarFrame. And I found it very entertaining and exciting. However, as I play through Planets (leveling, strengthening and farming), I have thought to myself about how to gain more platinum. I don't want to spend platinum on Weaponry nor buying WarFrames. But, I found them very important on buying more slots on WarFrames and weapons as well. I also wanted to spend platinum on WarFrames's skin color but i just can't for I only got 50 platinum as default.

So, I'd suggest that the WarFrame team will GIVE 10 PLATINUM AS REWARD EVERY 7-DAY STRAIGHT LOG-IN.

Please do take time to read this and to think about this. This will make us log-in every day to be able to claim 10 platinum every week.

Please correct me if I have overdone my suggestion, thank you!

Edited by SkipToDeath

No; Platinum is DE way to earn some money for what they do, what u are saying, is that they give u free money actually.

+ they already give u 50 platinum around 3.99 $ worth. Although They could make a system to get warframe slots and or weapons, maybe by Alerts.

Edited by Shockness

umm, why? essentially that's taking away the dev's source of income. Why would you pay for plat when you earn 10 a week? 

Slots cost 20 each (warframe) and weapon slots cost 12 per 2. 
Given that no one's going to get a warframe slot every two weeks, that plat will start building up. 
Up and up, until everyone has 200 or 300 plat.
At which point they will start buying things other than slots. 

tl;dr: No. 

Well, one way to get this implemented would be to cover the loss the DE would be taking. OP, how bout just transfer over 80c * 211511 (and rising) players = $160,000 USD to DE every week, and they'll send out 10 plat a week to everyone!

(Edit)

Disclaimer: Price may go up as warframe gets more popular, so maybe make sure you can cover say, 2 million players = $1.6 mil a week before you get started with this. It would only be barely over 80 million a year, you should be fine.

Edited by Armanant

Well, one way to get this implemented would be to cover the loss the DE would be taking. OP, how bout just transfer over 80c * 211511 (and rising) players = $160,000 USD to DE every week, and they'll send out 10 plat a week to everyone!

(Edit)

Disclaimer: Price may go up as warframe gets more popular, so maybe make sure you can cover say, 2 million players = $1.6 mil a week before you get started with this. It would only be barely over 80 million a year, you should be fine.

:D epic

(edit)

If u love the game then support it, everything can be found in-game, exept slots (and some color and sentinel cosmetics)...

(edit2)

if u count the platinum you got from not buying the alert/plat weapons, alt helmets and alt skins that you can find in alerts and take it out then, the 10 plat per week would be nice, but not with them in-game

- just the alt helmets more than 40 eur ... and u can get them for free (so if u got 10 plats for 7 days, and log in for 2 years in a row,  u'll get them)

Edited by Ungorisz

They've mentioned using Mastery Ranks to give players a warframe/weapon slot, all alternate skins and Orokin artifacts are available through Alerts, colours and pure aesthetics additions aren't important for playing the game.

(Edit)

I don't agree with op, but that's a little bit of flawed logic there, DE creates Plat out of nothing, its an online currency only applicable to WF, and its not reversable, all that would happen is that DE would lose *potential* plat sales.

I don't agree with op, but that's a little bit of flawed logic there, DE creates Plat out of nothing, its an online currency only applicable to WF, and its not reversable, all that would happen is that DE would lose *potential* plat sales.

Yes and they also create Warframe content and the game you are playing out of nothing too.  But I see where you're going.

There should not be a way to earn platinum through any means under than buying it.

This would kill the game. So no.

With the cheapest Platinum offer (4 Euros) you can get 2 Warframe slots + 1 Weapon slot or 1 Warframe slot + 3 Weapon Slots. That's extremely affordable when you considere the time it takes to drop bps, craft and level a frame/weapon to maximum level without boosters/intensive daily farming.

The game gave you 50 Platinum to start with, meaning that you were paid around 2,66 euros to play this game.

Edited by GeistHeller

Ah yes, just like if I nobody paid for the software I write and I lost my job, I would only lose a 'potential' salary and only miss out on 'potential' food and 'potential' shelter ;-)

Yes, I realize the logic is flawed, I was (am) just being flippant. If you like, cut the numbers by a factor of 10, transfer over $16,000 a week and they might do it!

Edited by Armanant

Ah yes, just like if I nobody paid for the software I write and I lost my job, I would only lose a 'potential' salary and only miss out on 'potential' food and 'potential' shelter ;-)

Yes, I realize the logic is flawed, I was (am) just being flippant. If you like, cut the numbers by a factor of 10, transfer over $16,000 a week and they might do it!

On the tangent of that, your software is unlimited supply, once you create it and release it, paid or not you have an unlimited supply, Price is determined by scarcity and value attributed by the buyer, or artificially by the creator.. But price your product in a manner that is over valued and people will find alternatives. 

Google CwF+RtB.

And losing potential plat sales would mean they lost a paycheck for their programming.

It would be like EA giving their games away for free(sure, that's what simcity is worth but...).

Software is much different than hardware. What you're really paying is entertainment value. And it's cheap for the hours you may put in. Free to play goes against logic in a way, but it does work when they make an incentive for payment.

I'll copy over what I posted in another topic, since it's relevant to this one as well.

Allods Online is another game that allows the exchange of in-game currency with another in-game currency that is basically the equivalent of paid currency, allowing you to purchase things from the cash shop. Granted, they have maybe four different currencies and it's a bit ridiculous. Turbine MMOs (DDO, LoTRO) generally also offer you some way to earn paid currency through gameplay. As I recall, you could earn Turbine points by completing dungeons, and more points for completing the dungeons at higher difficulty levels. Many casual games will offer some slow way or the other (usually sheer luck or events) to obtain paid currency.

There's a very good reason for doing this. The rate at which you earn this paid currency is usually so ridiculously slow that you'll never really be able to get anything important - however, it keeps the free players happy by giving them the illusion that they can get everything for free with patience. Why is this important? Because some players will only spend money if they feel like they're not being manipulated into doing so. Because it keeps free players happy and reduces the animosity between the free crowd and the paying crowd. Because players that are forced to spend money won't stay with a game as long as players who spend money because they're happy with the game.

However, this doesn't work for Warframe. Not yet, anyway. Warframe's playerbase is too small, and the content is too little. A decision like that might be ultimately profitable, if the number of players who spend more are greater than the number of players who would stop paying altogether - but at this stage, it's a bit too risky for Warframe to try something like that. I don't think DE has the funds to keep themselves afloat if something like that fails.

What I'm saying is that allowing paid currency to be earned from within the game might eventually be a good idea, but probably not now. Not yet. Maybe in the future, when Warframe has a much larger playerbase and more dedicated fans. If it becomes really big and can afford to sustain itself just with cosmetics? That would be pretty cool, and I'd be happy for DE if that happens. In the meantime, I can't blame DE for trying to get what money they can to keep their game running. The system is pretty easygoing on free players as is.

All that, of course, is just my opinion. I could certainly be wrong, and I'd be happy to hear why. But I did my best to look at it objectively and that's the conclusion I came to. *shrugs*

On that note, even if they were to eventually offer a way to obtain paid currency in-game, the way OP suggested is definitely not the way to do it. It's too definite and too easy. Sorry.

No; Platinum is DE way to earn some money for what they do, what u are saying, is that they give u free money actually.

+ they already give u 50 platinum around 3.99 $ worth. Although They could make a system to get warframe slots and or weapons, maybe by Alerts.

:D epic

(edit)

If u love the game then support it, everything can be found in-game, exept slots (and some color and sentinel cosmetics)...

(edit2)

if u count the platinum you got from not buying the alert/plat weapons, alt helmets and alt skins that you can find in alerts and take it out then, the 10 plat per week would be nice, but not with them in-game

- just the alt helmets more than 40 eur ... and u can get them for free (so if u got 10 plats for 7 days, and log in for 2 years in a row,  u'll get them)

FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE HOLY

STOP REPLACING "YOU" WITH "U"!!! /SLAPUSER(S)

This would kill the game. So no.

With the cheapest Platinum offer (4 Euros) you can get 2 Warframe slots + 1 Weapon slot or 1 Warframe slot + 3 Weapon Slots. That's extremely affordable when you considere consider* the time it takes to drop bps, craft and level a frame/weapon to maximum level without boosters/intensive daily farming.

The game gave you 50 Platinum to start with, meaning that you were paid around 2,66 euros to play this game.

That's not necessarily true, since platinum has no intrinsic value, and only gains subjective value when you actually purchase it. Just something to keep in mind.

Edited by CrazyCanadian24

That's not necessarily true, since platinum has no intrinsic value, and only gains subjective value when you actually purchase it. Just something to keep in mind.

It's figurative ofc, but it's still the first time I see a game handing me free "paid currency" on a fresh start.

Just imagine if you were able to play league of legend with just enough RP to buy a champ etc..

I doubt any such thing will ever happen.

1) It means that players who have already bought platinum have the value of their purchases eroded. DE will never do that to its customers.

2) The more platinum / free slots that DE gives out, the smaller the incentive players have to spend any real money on the game.

So no, it'll never happen.

You know, I was up and ready to hate this idea as much as everyone else...

Then I thought about it a bit;

Why not give players the CHANCE at earning some platinum.

For example, on the seven day reward, along with reactor's and catalysts like it is now

There is a very small (Less than 5%) chance of winning a "Platinum Mint" blueprint.

It would take moderate quantities of the rarer mats (Say 500 each of rubedy, alloy plates and plastids, and possibly a dozen or so morphics)

Then maybe 250,000 credits (For those players who are swimming in them at present)

And some moderate length of time.

Craft it

Receive 50-100 platinum

Around $5 worth for a RIDICULOUS ammount of work.

That way, those with S#&$ tonnes of time, but virtually no money, are able to buy the premium items, like skins for their sentinels and colour pallets.

Albeit with a lot of work.

Those who buy premium shouldn't feel upset, because you've saved what ammounts to DAYS of farming credits and materials.

Those who don't should be happy that there is a non-money way of acquiring them, albeit in small doses.

if you do that, people will just complain that they're forced to grind a huge amount to get platinum.

Besides, I can't see how you can call anyone who plays warframe (has PC that can play modern games, power to run it, and fast internet to boot) someone with 'virtually no money' with a straight face.