Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Enemy Radar

vieuxchat

Am I the only one to think that Enemy radar is mandatory ? Playing without seeing where are the close enemies adds a very tough level of difficulty.

Couldn't we have a minimal level of enemy radar without equipping the artifact or the mod ? Like up to 5 meters.

The mod would add outlines and a bit of range to enemies you don't see but are in range, the artifact would add range and up the chances to get critical hits.

Edited by vieuxchat

You can't be alone, otherwise it would not exist. But I for example never use it, nor do any of my mates. We all think it's almost as much a waste of energy as the loot radar. Never felt like equipping any of those besides for testing the effect. Adding a critical chance would almost make it worth equipping... but there is already a mod for that.

Edited by Feindfeuer

You can't be alone, otherwise it would not exist. But I for example never use it, nor do any of my mates. We all think it's almost as much a waste of energy as the loot radar. Never felt like equipping any of those besides for testing the effect. Adding a critical chance would almost make it worth equipping... but there is already a mod for that.

i assume you never tried to play stealthy

I apologize : I spoke mainly about the artifact. And the critical hit %age would be applied to all your weapons !

The enemy radar helps a lot in higher difficulties to know  where the enemy is and to chose which enemy to dispatch first. It helps strategize hard encounters.

i assume you never tried to play stealthy

Depends on my Frame, but if I select my Loki and get my Paris out, than I play stealthy. Never saw a reason to take the enemy radar though as the walking sounds are rather loud, not to mention the constant chatting of the enemies about their mothers. For Reference, I played through the Thief series without a enemy radar, and those guards where not as easy to fool by just ducking in a corner.

In Halo, when enemies fire their weapons, they show up for a second or two on the radar, albeit distorted.  That could work.  Maybe not a positive lock on their exact location when they fire, but it'd enough to give you a direction would be nice.

I would find it more useful to have thief's wit and radar rolled in to one mod. By themselves they're not even worth taking up space for better mods.

i use theif's wit when i farm for resources because it marks the resource on the minimap with a yellow dot, dropped from an enemy, a locker, a container, wherever a resource drops it's marked on my minimap so i never miss a resource when I'm trying to catch up to the team or when I'm running around like a chicken with no head, but combining it would be cool, also cones of vision would be nice, and sound meter too, gonna go splinter cell status if they add those.

Edited by KageNoShini

Well I actually think its fantastic that Enemy Radar is an artifact. This way you dont necessarily run with it when ur alone, but it becomes a strategic tool that someone has to carry... A bit like if Someone chose to bring a radar but another guy brought extra pistol ammo (Pistol Scavanger, and yes I know it doesnt excactly act like ekstra ammo, but I guess u see my point). So to get the advantage of being able to pinpoint enemies. You have to say goodbye to another advantage. This makes the group setup interesting in my opinion...

So in short I see where you were going with the "we all have radars" but I just think it would remove some tactical perspective and you wouldnt appreciate the radar anymore, if u always had it? Its something to be "grinded for" and again its something someone has to bring and therefor loosin another advantage....