Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert System Exploit

kSetuni

So I have noticed that there is an exploit that is becoming more and more common for the alerts.  I hope this exploit is closed, as I hate exploits of any type.

Many will be in a clan or have many friends.  They will sit AFK the entire time, and if a good alert or rare item alert pops up a freind will drag them into a squad and complete it.  They will then get the item although they were never in game.

Please close this loophole as it really breaks the spirit of things.  Why should someone be rewarded for being AFK all day?

also is there anyway to show when someone has been afk for a time without doing anything.  Its such a pain to see a ton of people online in a clan, yet most are AFK and not really there.

Edited by ShadowMech73

I'm pretty sure that this has already been addressed.  If you're not in the mission before the timer expires, you won't get the reward, regardless of the fact that the host started it in time.  Could've been misinformation on some forum goers part though, as I haven't tried it myself.

Thats not important, some guys don't have time to do some alerts cause of jobs and studies, the right thing would be to give important alerts more time to be done, like orokin catalyst ones.

I don't want to be offensive because I've decided to be a founders recently but that's why they have a paid option...

If you can't afford to grind, have no time them get some plats

I never paid for any catalysts and have like 6 warframe all potato how I do it ? After all streaming from warframe there's a 12 hours alert isn't what you wanted?

Honestly I don't think the OP has a good argument at all considering how the alert system works right now. The way the system is now, you have to have some way of always being on/always being open for an alert if you want alert-only drops. This forcibly locks a large chunk of the game's progression behind a giant completely random timesink of an RNG mechanic. As such, I don't blame people at all for wanting to game such a system because it is a bad system.

Until progression is changed to something that's effort in ~= reward out I don't think that people using teamwork and community to save 3 people from having to miss out on drops/sit around staring at a menu all day should be "fixed" at all, and I do nothing but solo/join random groups, am not in a clan, and don't bother to use the friends system.

I'm pretty sure that this has already been addressed.  If you're not in the mission before the timer expires, you won't get the reward, regardless of the fact that the host started it in time.  Could've been misinformation on some forum goers part though, as I haven't tried it myself.

as far as i know it is only the credits you will miss out on if your not at the extration point

I'm leery when it comes to stripping rewards away for not being at extraction. It would kind of suck if you were say playing rhino or frost with 2 rushing loki's. They both get to the extraction point and you don't make it since you're essentially a turtle on crutches, so no glaive for you. I think they should instead base it on a minimum amount of damage/use of skills/kills or whatever. Those that are afk would still not get anything, and those people who are slow wouldn't be robbed of their rewards.

Edited by Skoll85

wow, that's an exploit for you?

I'd agree with the OP that its an exploit.  Why would or should someone be rewarded for not actually being in game and playing?  That makes no sence.

Boo hoo to those that miss an alert because of real life.  I have that happen and it doesn't devastate me.  I consider it part of the game and life.  If I miss an alert, oh well no biggie.

However if people are sitting idle like that makes no sence at all.

Its right along the lines of the AFK thread that I saw.  People don't move within x amount of time from everyone loading then they get booted out of the mission.

So I have noticed that there is an exploit that is becoming more and more common for the alerts.  I hope this exploit is closed, as I hate exploits of any type.

Many will be in a clan or have many friends.  They will sit AFK the entire time, and if a good alert or rare item alert pops up a freind will drag them into a squad and complete it.  They will then get the item although they were never in game.

Please close this loophole as it really breaks the spirit of things.  Why should someone be rewarded for being AFK all day?

also is there anyway to show when someone has been afk for a time without doing anything.  Its such a pain to see a ton of people online in a clan, yet most are AFK and not really there.

This is an exploit to you xD Really. Oh man. I have seen some funny threads around here, but right now, you topped them all.

How is it an exploit if everyone, whether or not sitting and waiting for it, can do the alert.

What spirit of things? You get an alert for something that is only available for a short time. There is no spirit that can be destroyed.