Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making alerts worthwhile

Kilikaji

Issue: Besides for the alerts with mystery awards there isnt much reason to be doing them. Also, even if there is a mystery reward involved i tend to just rush to the end to get my reward then go back to farming in normal areas. Unless the mission is elimination or defense then there seems to be no reason to kill your way through.

Suggestion: Make alerts all timed missions with the following:

Increased affinity rates

Increased mod drop rates

Increased mat drop rates

Increased credit drop rates

All of the above or any combination.

This would give players more of an incentive to take their time during the mission, instead of just rushing through them, as well as spark interest in doing alerts with no mystery awards.

As I said even if Im running a mystery reward mission I just rush to the end without killing anything, then go back to farming other missions. Whats the point of there even being missions then?

Edited by Kilikaji

As I said even if Im running a mystery reward mission I just rush to the end without killing anything, then go back to farming other missions. Whats the point of there even being missions then?

By that logic, you could also farm bosses by ignoring all the enemies, rushing to the boss, killing him, and leaving the mission once you get the drops. They stay with you if you abort mission...

Point is, What you're asking for then is a change in behavior, not a change in the game.

Ok, your not reading or getting the point. That may be my fault. I am not asking for a change in behavior, im acknowleding that efficient minded players like me exist. These players wont bother to play the game as its intended, by entirely skipping areas that give little reward so they can spend more time in areas that do. Alert missions in their entirety are an area with little reward except for the mystery reward at the end(if they have one). That is why i am suggesting a change in the game, to make alert missions something people would want to play through completely.

Boss rushing is an issue as well, a whole different issue. Ive already rushed for all boss blueprints, aborting mission after drops. It was not enjoyable but that was the most efficient way to get the loot. It can be frustrating for other players who are tagging along with the boss rushers, or force most players to play solo. But that is another story, im just trying to give some possible suggestions here for the alert missions.

By that logic, you could also farm bosses by ignoring all the enemies, rushing to the boss, killing him, and leaving the mission once you get the drops. They stay with you if you abort mission...

Point is, What you're asking for then is a change in behavior, not a change in the game.

I do that and it works...

I agree that the rushing is getting a bit frustrating when running with "efficient minded" randoms.

There should be different kinds of incentives on those missions, though. Maybe the alert window could show things like

• +50% credit drop
  • +10% mod drop rate
  • +20% exp. from killing mobs
  • etc.

My point: The incentives don't need to be restricted to "better everything". They could range from simple to almost exotic (f.e. "find all hidden storages" -> sends you out to search every nook and cranny and hard to reach place on the ship).

And then there's the question of making following those incentives worthwhile for a majority of players. The bonuses need to be good enough to make them want to spend the extra 10 to 20 minutes in a mission.

This is an interesting, albeit heavily balancing dependant idea, Kilikaji.

So... I want to point something I found out... Last time there was an alert with an "?" I took my time because I was running it solo. I got all of the supply crates and guess what I found out...

You can get the rare drops as an uncommon drop if you take your time and look around. I got 3 neurodes last "?" mission.

My major issue about this whole "we have to improve the rewards so people play through them"... No, It wont happen... Regardless how good the exp, or credits, or rewards are, people will rush through and ignore it. It's better to get a group together and play with them, so that you ahve a group of people who wont just rush though.

My thoughts... I do like the idea of making award missions more fruitfull, making them more worthwhile, but I think it's futal to try and make it so people with "effective" minds will stay and actually fight and have fun, rather then rush through.

How about boosting rewards based on how much enemies you killed? That way no one would rush anymore

No, because that way people would farm them for the best possible rewards if they weren't Exterminate or Defense, because of infinitely-spawning enemies -- even if you put a cap in place. You could just stand in the second-last room and keep gunning down mooks until you run out of ammo, then ability to continue is all dependent on how much energy you have, which warframes you have, and how good your melee weapons are.

My point: The incentives don't need to be restricted to "better everything". They could range from simple to almost exotic (f.e. "find all hidden storages" -> sends you out to search every nook and cranny and hard to reach place on the ship).

And then there's the question of making following those incentives worthwhile for a majority of players. The bonuses need to be good enough to make them want to spend the extra 10 to 20 minutes in a mission.

Sorry, thats what ive been meaning to say. I guess i wasnt very clear. It didnt have to be better everything, it could be any sort of boost.

So... I want to point something I found out... Last time there was an alert with an "?" I took my time because I was running it solo. I got all of the supply crates and guess what I found out...

You can get the rare drops as an uncommon drop if you take your time and look around. I got 3 neurodes last "?" mission.

My major issue about this whole "we have to improve the rewards so people play through them"... No, It wont happen... Regardless how good the exp, or credits, or rewards are, people will rush through and ignore it. It's better to get a group together and play with them, so that you ahve a group of people who wont just rush though.

My thoughts... I do like the idea of making award missions more fruitfull, making them more worthwhile, but I think it's futal to try and make it so people with "effective" minds will stay and actually fight and have fun, rather then rush through.

Thats interesting about the rare drops already being boosted, id have to look into that although it could just be crazy luck on your part. Just having boosted drop rates would already be a small bonus to doing alert missions.

It probably wouldnt stop everyone from rushing missions, but I think it would stop a decent handful. At the same time it would boost the amount of players running normal alerts, which is the 2nd purpose of this. The reason why im suggesting this is because in some other mmos as they age they often become less about playing together and more about finding the most efficient way to farm stuff. They effectively become MSOG(Massively Singleplayer Online Games, clever right?). Its too early to say that warframe will become one of those games, but i feel like the way the game is now a few months from now playing solo and rushing missions will become the norm for bosses, alert missions, and even some random missions. When the game has fewer players it will be harder for new players(or anyone who wants to legitimatly play through the game at the normal pace) to find an actual party because rushing becomes the norm, forcing them to play solo or rush too.

Thats just the way I see it, I might be overthinking things. I only have this idea for alerts, no good ideas for the other things yet.

No, because that way people would farm them for the best possible rewards if they weren't Exterminate or Defense, because of infinitely-spawning enemies -- even if you put a cap in place. You could just stand in the second-last room and keep gunning down mooks until you run out of ammo, then ability to continue is all dependent on how much energy you have, which warframes you have, and how good your melee weapons are.

Yep, thats why I proposed in my original post to make all alert missions timed. So if you dont extract before the timer runs out you will fail and get kicked out, like the timer after you destroy the reactor in some missions.

Edited by Kilikaji